Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Organic Whey Protein Powder, 12 oz
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 12 oz.|Change

on March 5, 2011
If you do not know much about whey I recommend an interview on utube where Dr. Mercola interviews Ori Hofmekler who has been studying the benefits of whey for decades. It was this multi-part interview that convinced me of the importance of whey for both my diet and exercise regimen.

If you are looking for a very high quality product that is as unprocessed as possible this seems to be the only option currently on the web. After going through the website for the product I found that the only major improvement to the product would be that it be processed from raw milk instead of pasteurized, however, it's likely that these changes would make the product prohibitively expensive. Nevertheless the producers are committed to quality and supporting family farms which raise their cows in a humane manner....all of this is reflected in the excellent flavor. I highly recommend this product.
44 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2011
This is an excellent whey protein powder. It is organic and has nothing added, which allows me to add whatever flavors or sweeteners I like. Usually I add some raw cocoa powder and a drop of liquid stevia. Sometimes fresh berries make a nice addition. The powder mixes easily with my stick blender and tastes good.

My only issue with them is that prominently on the front label it says "Thoughtfully raw" but it isn't raw. It is made from pasteurized milk, which is heated. That's not raw. This statement is deliberately misleading and is why this powder is only rated 3 stars. It makes me wonder what else on the label is a lie.
1212 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2011
There aren't many options out there for organic whey that are not processed at some level (unknown to the consumer). This product tastes great, can be traced to the source and comes from a great group of people dedicated to excellent customer service. The price is a little higher - but you get what you pay for - and if you want a "dollar menu" item - then you get "dollar menu" health as a result. Do your research ... I did ... and as a pharmacist - this product and company is one I can trust.
on February 13, 2011
I've been using whey from The Organic Whey company for a over 6 months now and as long as they keep selling it I'll keep using it. It's 100% natural and 100% organic. Which, a) makes me feel confident that I'm not putting anything harmful in my body and b)makes me happy knowing that no cows have had to suffer in the process. I usually mix the whey with some milk and bananas and have a smoothie in the morning that keeps me going well into the day. The whey itself tastes of, well.. whey. Not chocolate or strawberry or whichever flavours are added to industrial whey products these days. It's clean and simple and anything I've made with it has been delicous as well as nutritious. This product costs more than some other whey proteins, but once you've tasted this there is no going back. I live in Estonia and it's impossible to find whey which is either non-flavoured, natural or organic. Not to even mention something that has all these qualities. That's why I have it shipped all the way here. This 1.5 pound package is more economical than the smaller pack and with a 1 smoothie-per-day rate lasts me a few months. Overall, the Organic Whey is an exceptional product and heartily recommendable to anyone who cares about what they eat.
on February 19, 2012
I have tried them all and this one tops the list for purity of ingredients, and taste. Pricey but worth it. Some of the others claim rgbh free but asterisks disclaiming that that they do their best. There is no doubt here that you are getting the real deal!
on November 26, 2012
I generally don't write reviews, but this product impressed me so much that I felt compelled to write one in this case. I've tried several different products before this, including products that claim to be "naturally flavored." But they always came with the distinct "chemical taste" that would give me a pause after the first gulp, and I would have to forcefully drink down the rest. It was generally not a pleasurable experience, and I often got those slightly queasy feelings in my stomach soon after drinking them as well.

No more! This product has a superb, unflavored taste that you can recognize as natural, and drinking protein shakes is an enjoyable experience now. I no longer have to force the drink down and there is none of the usual mild nausea. The powder mixes extremely well, and you can't even tell there is anything in the liquid except by taste. I have also purchased Rob's Red Mill Whey, which is not organic but much more affordable. The reviews appeared promising, so I will send in an update with a comparison once I have tried those as well.

But at the end of the day, you get what you paid for - well worth the money!
on October 17, 2011
Yes, you'll spend more with this product, but it is by far the best whey you'll ever buy. It tastes positively delicious and fresh, and I normally have to slam a whey protein shake made by more conventional means because the taste is so awful. Not so with the Organic Whey. No nasty additives or chemicals, and organically raised cows that have exposure to the sun and grass and have the ability to pasture in low-stress environments produce milk of much higher nutritional value. I can't say enough good things about it, and I'm grateful to the producers for finally getting this on the market and helping to raise overall food standards. Keep up the good work!!!
on July 10, 2011
I am new to whey and after doing some research decided to try and find Organic Whey. The Organic Whey is the only one I did find. This is a wonderful company. There was a mixup on my order (my own fault) and they responded to my email, corrected the issue and delivered delicious Organic Whey in a few days. I am 66 years and on the look out for ways to have sustained energy throughout the day. The Organic Whey delivers. My favorite recipe so far is to mix 1/2 cup fresh carrot juice (from The Pomegrante Cafe, Chandler, Az) with one green fig and 4 tablespoons of The Organic Whey with about a cup of spring water. This delicious concoction kept me going doing chores for 5 hours. The taste is delicious, like an old time milk shake but much more beneficial. Another thing I have noticed when eating Whey every day, my finger nails grow much more quickly and are a beautiful white.
This is one of those rare companies that started on a dream and delivers with exceptional customer service and quality product.
The Organic Whey - USDA Certified Organic Whey Protein
on August 30, 2011
I am trying to consume everything Organic if possible. And I am glad I've found this protein. It tastes pretty pleasant even when mixed with water. But my favorite is with Coconut water. I usually mix some berries, Maca powder, just a pinch if Cocoa powder, banana, this protein and ice and let me tell you how tasty it is. Also healthy and filling. It may sound a little weird, but sometimes at night I like to add a bit of red wine to it too (it's all for the resveratrol purposes)and it becomes something wholesome from the both worlds. Try, you will like it.
on February 1, 2015
The only problem I had with this was the lactose intolerance symptoms I had taking this. It did give me diarrhea and gas. For some reason Raw Organic Whey (the brown bag) product worked better for me on the lactose intolerance end. Expensive product that could be worth it if you don't get any side effects from it. Good luck.