5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me!
Published on October 4, 2007 by Jacoba

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone
Published on May 11, 2010 by Shawna

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me!, October 4, 2007
I stumbled upon the book through a review in a magazine. I've been on the diet now for 2 months and I find it truly amazing. It definitely works for me. My libido sky rocketed! It makes sense when you read it and if you don't believe it, your body will tell you so. It really changed my life. The author herself is supporting you through her website. If you have a question, Marrena answers within a day. I am really, really happy with it. I would totally recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars really, really helped - thank you!, January 7, 2008
Happy (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
After suffering from low libido and an inability to orgasm for several years I tried The Orgasmic Diet and it has helped me significantly. I already ate a healthy diet but the supplements especially the high dosage fish oil has really made the difference. For the first time in years I have sexual fantasies, get aroused and can orgasm again. Much of the advice may seem common sense so people may be skeptical but the combination of diet, exercises, supplements, and the high dose of quality fishoil really helps. The book is not about sex positions or craziness but does include other useful tips and well worth the small price for the book. There is no magic pill and the results are not over night but the suggestions in this book have made a big difference and I am very grateful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, effective, amazing., June 8, 2007
I have been on this diet for almost a year now, and I was one of the women interviewed for the writing of the book. It works, plain and simple.

This is not a weight-loss diet, this is a eat-this-way-for-life diet. The basic principles include 1) adding things that help (e.g. high-quality fish oil, dark chocolate), and 2) cutting down on things that hinder (e.g. caffeine, alcohol, simple carbs).

Marrenna shares her personal journey, outlines the science clearly, and gives variations so that each person can customize the diet to suit their own needs/desires. Try it!

(I have the same user-name on the forums at orgasmicdiet.com, if you have any questions about my personal experience.)

5.0 out of 5 stars the best book on orgasms I've purchased, November 21, 2007
I read up a lot on this diet before purchasing the book, because I was skeptical. It sounded too good to be true. I've bought a lot of books on orgasms, but nothing has delivered like this, because it isn't just 'explore your body this way' - it actually tells you how to amp up your desire - and the rest falls into place. I haven't even been going all-out with the diet, just slowly taking on more, and I'm already a believer. I highly recommend this book - - it's tempting to google the diet and just go by what's online, but I promise this book explains everything and is more than worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone, May 11, 2010
This review is from: The Orgasmic Diet: A Revolutionary Plan to Lift Your Libido and Bring You to Orgasm (Paperback)
This diet did not work for me. I have been on it since the first week of June 2009, and while I have reaped other health benefits, the primary goal was never met. I followed the plan diligently: I eliminated caffeine, sugar, carbohydrates, avoided all identified "libido killers", took two doses of Carlson's fish oil daily AND an additional DHA supplement, extra iron, calcium, magnesium, and zinc, and continued to exercise regularly. While I otherwise felt better than I ever have in my life, even after nearly a year of following the plan, the big O never happened. (I also gained 5 pounds that I am having a hard time losing in spite of being an avid runner.) I think I am just wired differently. I don't want to discourage others from trying this program. I am here to say if you don't notice results after a few months, you are not alone. This will not work for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!!!, April 9, 2008
NOT JUST FOR THE YOUNG: This is the book your OB doctor and the drug companies do NOT want you to read. I suffered from low libido and other menopause symptoms for ten years and was repeatedly told by more than one doctor there was nothing to be done except HRT. My marriage was on the rocks needless to say. I had googled "menopause" a million times and found only more variations of HRT which we all know is now linked to cancer. It was not until I starting thinking maybe I was nuts and googled "sex therapy" and up popped this book. Totally natural program. I've been on it for one month and I function sexually like I did in my 30s! (I'm 58). Desire and natural lubrication are back with a vengeance! I don't know where the negative review comes from. Other than the book sale, I can't see how the author makes additional money. Everything you need for the diet comes from independent sources.

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works. Whoever wrote a negative review didn't actually try it., November 19, 2008
Amazon Customer (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
I'm 43 years old, have had zero sex drive for years. I read about this book in Self magazine about 9 months ago and started using fish oil. I noticed an increase in libido, but because I wasn't in a relationship, I decided to stop. About 2 months ago I started a relationship and started on fish oil about a week before our first date. I couldn't keep my hands off of him, and I still can't. The amazing thing is that I've had issues with lubrication for years too, and that is not even remotely a problem. Apparently this is something my body has wanted for years and not gotten. I don't even do the dark chocolate much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Marrena!, December 7, 2008
mamalise (Gill, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This book is a rare treat. It's easy to read, the "diet" is easy to follow and it actually works. It's serious and fun at the same time. I've told several friends about it and I haven't heard any complaints. I told my OB/GYN about it at my last annual check-up and she said she was going to run out and get it because she has so many patients who ask about raising their libidos. Since reading the book last winter, I've read many other things about fish oil as a supplement and the importance of reducing simple carbs, soy and sugar in my diet. When I stick to the advice in the book, I am a MUCH happier and healthier person.

4.0 out of 5 stars If its not working, you could be hormonally deficient, July 20, 2013
I wanted to first comment on a negative review that I just read. She stated that diet didn't work & she's also got extra weight she can't lose. Well, that was happening to me as well. I've been on the diet and supplements for about 6 months, but it just wasn't working because my hormones were so imbalanced. The author does address this in her book as well about getting your hormones checked if the diet doesn't provide the desired results. Well, after finally finding a doctor that knew a thing about hormones, I had my hormones tested and yes they were imbalanced. Finally after 3 months of using bio identical hormones--not synthetic, I am having orgasms and yes a few times they were multiple! Although, a great deal of my improvement is based on the hormone supplementation, I am still on the diet and supplements because why not make sure all runs at the most heightened state? I hope this helps...

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have Treasure!, May 4, 2013
The Orgasmic Diet is a life charger down to the science! I am a single mom (1 preschooler), under thirty and I just finished a accelerated course for my career about 5 months ago. The Father of my child is involved, but we broke up before I gave birth so I am not currently sexually active (by choice).

Getting to the good part, after having my son I went through a dark postpartum depression that reeked havoc on my mental state and body. The first thing I did was the master cleanse for thirty days then I did vegan for 2weeks then veggitarian for 2weeks after that. My next move was purchasing this book as a eBook and reading it in entirety. A week or so after i purchased Brazil Body Now which I came across by accident when I googled another workout system (FYI the unbiased site I found rated BBN #1 for women and the system I was looking for was #5).

Anyway, I take the recommended supplements in the book (my brands are Solgar for the vitamins, Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega 3, and Righteously Raw Pure Dark chocolate) plus Body Mint Sport but that's another review for a different reason. I eat 5 small meals a day which 3 of those meals I do her 40/30/30 with the supplements the other 2 are healthy snacks or vegan protein shakes (no soy) on workout days (BBN is only 3 days of working out every other day 4th day optional) Also, I just purchased my Gyneflex regular (pink) which I will review after a good month or so. It's been 2 weeks since I started this diet but I have more energy and just a better mood so far. By the way, you don't have to workout I do because I want to look better than before I had my kid.

Best regards on your journey I will update this post in a month or so. ; )

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›