Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on August 18, 2013
I'm guessing that some of the problems with getting these clean is based on what oil is being used on them ... one of the most popular oils in cooking today CANNOT be used in these pans or they will develop the brown film.

I love my pan, but I'm glad I read the instructions first or I would have ruined mine by using Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as I often do in recipes.

Here is what the manufacturer says:

"We recommend to use oil or butter. Use oils and fats that have a high smoke point, like refined olive oil, peanut oil, corn oil and (clarified) butter. Do not use extra virgin olive oil as it cannot withstand high heating and will leave a thin carbonized layer on your nonstick."

If you can avoid that mistake, then I think you'll love these pans!
11 comment|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2013
This review by Marsha's husband--I have been using three Greenpans my wife purchased several years ago: 11" and 8" saute pans, and a 11" ribbed-bottom pan. I have used the 11" saute pan almost daily, the others much less frequently. As I have read in other reviews for these pans, they worked perfectly the first few times I used them. The 11" saute pan gradually became harder to clean as a very thin, brown coating began to form on the bottom, and more and more oil or butter was needed to use it. Also,the bottom of the 11" saute pan gradually became uneven so it did not make good contact with our ceramic cooktop surface. After about a year I figured that I would just use it as a conventional pan and started using a Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean the bottom of the pan. I never used the pan with high heat, nor did I clean it in the dishwasher, nor did I use a anything but a non-metal spatula. Now it has become uncleanable and Im going to trash it after having purchased a replacement stainless saute pan.

I believe that cookwear should last a long time and am very disappointed in the Greenpan performance. I am keeping the two other greenpans I have for now. They have so far not developed the brown, unremovable coating from the pan bottoms, but I use plenty of butter or oil in the infrequent times that I do use them.
88 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2011
Cooking on the originals for three years. This and enameled iron is all I use now. Needs a little lube for a egg on a hot pan. You can bring the pan to temp slowly with the egg in it with out any oil at all and flip it without a spatula (if you are in to that kind of thing.) Easy clean up. Goes from range to oven without any fuss. It will scratch with metal utensils, but you do not have to baby it. I like it. Just bought a set for my newly wed daughter.
on August 23, 2013
The pans are well made and nicely weighted, but everything sticks to them worse than any other pans I've used. They worked ok a few times then quickly went down hill. Unless you like scrubbing, don't buy these...
on August 9, 2013
Bought an 8" skillet while in Laughlin, NV at a kitchen stuff store in the Outlet Mall. I asked which pan they recommended and two sales folk recommended Green Pan over everythng else.

I followed the directions and was pleased for about 2 weeks - and usage maybe 3 times a week. Then everything went south. Not only did my omeletes stick, they adhered so bad even soaking would not remove the stuck part that wanted to become part of the skillet.

Have read so many comments now about how the older 5 and dime telfon skillets are better than GreenPAN - and I agree. When I saw they were going down hill, I asked one of the sale folk and she commented, "The sales rep said just pour water on them". Great - pour water on my cooking omelet . . .
on September 11, 2014
The whole point of buying and using a nonstick cookware set is for it to be non stick. And you should be able to use the most healthy oils when cooking not omit them. I will never use this product again, I suggest you spend a few more dollars for stainless steel with iron core, this is my best pans.
on December 31, 2011
My mother has had a set of these for a few years and my wife liked them when she tried them out; so I decided to buy her a set. She has been using them for about two months now and they are phenomenal. I myself was skeptical at first. I figured if they had a special "green" non stick coating that they must not work as good as a traditional Teflon pan, but boy was I wrong. They work better in every aspect, whether you want to use a little butter/oil or not it doesn't matter. Food browns perfectly, you can use lower heat, and best of all nothing sticks to these pans! Definitely the best pans that we have ever used and with the added bonus of no carcinogens how can you go wrong. If you do not have these pans do not cook another thing until you go out and buy them. You will not be disappointed.
on August 23, 2013
I bought the green pan frying pans, and was very impressed with the non-stick clean up. It was great. However, with regular use, the pans became less and less non-stick, and now everything sticks! Unfortunately I purchased 2 of the "13 piece cookware sets before I realized the "short" life of my frying pans! These pans start out fantastic, and quickly lose the non stick attribute. Very unhappy with my purchases!
on August 30, 2014
Greenpan 10" fry pan chipped within a few monthes of use. I returned it to Target and got another one. Few monthes later chipping started again and I took it back to Target again. Thanks to great customer satisfaction policy by Target I got out of the inferior quality problem of Greenpan without a monetary loss.
on April 20, 2013
I bought an 8" Greenpan from TJ Maxx for omelets, the pan worked great for the first 4 or five uses. After that it required scrubbing in a hot sink with a washcloth to get the cooked on residue off. I use olive oil and have a gas stove. I think these pans are far inferior to the teflon pans on the market. I caution anyone against buying these pans.
44 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse