5.0 out of 5 stars Very Insightful Documentary
Published on September 10, 2010 by Juan D

1.0 out of 5 stars I expected more!
Was just interviews and I was hoping to have a different points of view. Some kind of solution or at least other comments from politicians.
Published 2 months ago by YOLANDA SUAREZ

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Insightful Documentary, September 10, 2010
This review is from: The Other Side Of Immigration (DVD)
I first saw this film at a screening in my university and I absolutely loved it. It gave me great insight into the lives of ordinary Mexicans who come to the United States looking for opportunity and work. In a time when America is so divided and xenophobic, I believe this video will help further our understanding of the reasons why so many Mexicans migrate into the United States as political and economic refugees each year. I recommend this film to anyone who may want to learn more about our neighbors in Mexico.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Other Side of Immigration, August 16, 2010
Virginia Snodgrass (Providencia, Santiago Chile) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Other Side Of Immigration (DVD)
This is a well-made documentary that provides a much needed perspective within the broader immigration debate. I highly recommend it to anyone seeking to learn more about immigration, or anyone who teaches about immigration. The director/producer talks to many people, providing the viewer with a well-grounded and complex discussion of an issue that so often is simplified in the media.

5.0 out of 5 stars A film to be shared across political lines, August 19, 2010
This review is from: The Other Side Of Immigration (DVD)
This documentary provides the viewer an opportunity to understand the sacrifices mexicans endure to work in the US. It captures the reality and emotions of hard working people from Mexico that only want to provide for their families. Most importantly anyone that sees this film will no doubt feel compassion for families left behind in Mexico, and especially for those here in the US living in anguish without their loved ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a must see!!!, September 12, 2011
This review is from: The Other Side Of Immigration (DVD)
This is an amazing, eye opening documentary. Your heart will go out to this people. You will realize how you take so many things for granted that others have to leave behind in an effort to survive. This is real, it goes deep to the real issue and the root of the problem. Loved it and I am sure you will too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must See Documentary!!!, October 1, 2010
This review is from: The Other Side Of Immigration (DVD)
This is an excellent documentary about undocumented immigrants in the U.S. from the perspective of the people who come here and the ones that stay behind. Powerful and enthralling, the interviews tell about the experiences that people have had, both in Mexico and in the U.S., and why they continue to cross the border. This is a powerful documentary that sheds light on a growing issue that is extremely one-sided in the media coverage. This is a must see, and gives a voice to the people who come to the U.S. each year by means of grueling journeys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, can't say enough good things, July 8, 2013
This review is from: The Other Side Of Immigration (DVD)
I saw this in the theater and then I showed it to my summer school World History class. It's entirely in Spanish with subtitles; that may bother some people. The interviews are poignant and reveal the real reasons people come to the US illegally. Some of my students were stunned that the Mexican government was so corrupt and easily influenced by the ready dollar. Some of my Hispanic students had no idea that food was imported into Mexico. The film ultimately shows that the illegal person working in the United States is here because he HAS to be and not because he wants to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, April 29, 2011
This review is from: The Other Side Of Immigration (DVD)
This documentary brought tears to my Mexican husband's eyes. It was done with such compassion. I really wish that I could say it would make a difference with the people who have the power to do something about the situation, but I doubt it. What it does do, is point out the Mexican government's part in the illegal immigration issue. If the government doesn't help its own people, who will?
This is a very moving documentary, but it made me feel helpless. Germano did an excellent job and I hope that, at the very least, it will make some Mexicans aware that there is help available from their government, but that they have to pursue it, because the government doesn't publicize it.
With the freedom of speech we have in the U.S., I think we sometimes get carried away criticizing our government. Viewing a documentary like this one makes a person appreciate what he has. For all its faults, our government is still one of the best, in my opinion. If not, I don't think all those undocumented persons would be struggling so hard to get here.
This was a very thought-provoking documentary and very well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars broader world view, July 2, 2013
This review is from: The Other Side Of Immigration (DVD)
This video is a must for anyone trying to understand the larger perspective of the immigration issue. Our politicians take the high road but when you watch the interviews with the people who are coming here and the government officials who see the process first hand you see that we are not the good guys. Like all issues, it is complicated and easy answers don't do justice to the human and economic issues involved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent educational tool!, March 7, 2013
This review is from: The Other Side Of Immigration (DVD)
This is among the best documentaries I have viewed. Very well done!
With immigration a real "hot button" issue in our country, it is extremely important to see the other side of the problem. So often, we only think of our own personal views and experiences without any knowledge of what life is like for others. As was expressed in the film, there ARE solutions to this problem. The governments CAN find solutions if they want to, and try.
This film was definitely worth the money! I wil be sharing it with small groups in my church who sincerely want what is best for ALL people ~ men, women, and children ~ no matter race or creed.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most important documentaries you should see., March 7, 2013
This review is from: The Other Side Of Immigration (DVD)
With the immigration debate such a hot topic, this is one of the most important documentaries an American can watch. I was relieved to finally see a documentary that shows the true side of migration into the United States. This documentary takes a peak into the painful reasons why people leave their precious families to migrate to the United States. These immigrants sacrifice and risk their lives just to provide their families the basic necessities of life. This documentary was beautifully captured in Mexico and shows real human beings just telling how it really is. The Other Side of Immigration is a must see for anyone serious about the immigration topic.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Other Side Of Immigration
The Other Side Of Immigration by Roy Germano (DVD - 2010)
$19.95 $16.58