My mom said she would like to see this. Once again, we saw a movie that neither of us knew anything about.

I know who Diaz and Mann are, two great actresses. Kate Upton was one whom I’ve never seen. She did a good job for her part.

Published 2 months ago by Joshua Glowzinski

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable
This is a cute movie and I found it to be enjoyable. Nothing more, nothing less. Leslie Mann was the real standout, although it would be fun to see her in a role that isn't a whiny wife sometime. I sense there's more to her than the roles she's been cast in to date.
Published 5 days ago by S. McCarty

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes, friendship can be found in the most unlikely of places., May 8, 2014
This review is from: The Other Woman (Amazon Instant Video)

The movie is really about three women, who learn to be strong and stand up for them selves for the fact that they are all important and deserve to be treated like people instead of objects.

There may be spoilers below.

Mann’s character is married. At first, her husband seems like a nice guy. But, he is cheating on her. Over the first part of the movie, you really get to see how bad of a guy he is. He does not think he is doing anything wrong. His marriage does not mean a thing to him. He is also seeing Diaz’s character. He treats her like she is the only woman in his life. One day, Mann’s Character sees Diaz’s characters number and calls her. They realize what is happening. First, they do not really seem to get along. Diaz’s character is a bit heartless. She is a busy lady who has little time for friends, while Mann’s character is the exact opposite. She has that grandmother thing. Super nice, loving and wants to have fun and be kiddy. They do a good job of expressing the characters personalities. Thing happen and they start talking. Slowly, they realize that they only really have each other. That is until they both realize that the man is cheating again. This time of both of them! Then they meet the third lady. They start hanging out. Mann’s character learns that though she is a nice person, there is a time when you have to forget about being kind and take up for yourself. Diaz’s character learns to open up a little and be friendly and trustworthy. The third girl, well, hey, she is beautiful. Haha You’ll see. The movie is all about them finding strength in and from one another. Though I am a 29 year old guy, I like this movie. It just leaves you with a happy feeling. I laughed so hard at many parts of this movie. I will pre order the blu-ray as soon as it is available. I look forward to seeing outtakes. So, check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars If the revenge is this bad, the love must have been good., April 26, 2014
At first blush this movie appears to be a jilted wife/ mistress triangle movie which has been explored many times in the movies, and on the Lifetime Channel, or as I like to call it, the 'I hate Men' channel, so I was not overly enthused with the premise, and plunked down some money while scanning to see what movies might be starting slightly later, just in case.

Directed by Nick Cassavetes The Notebook (2004), and Alpha Dog (which he also wrote), son of actor and director John Cassavetes this movie has quite a pedigree. Screenwriter Melissa Stack has crafted a brilliant comedy.

Leslie Mann has gotten better every time I have seen her. When she starred in the Change Up with Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman, I thought she was the saving grace in a somewhat obnoxious comedy, and I thought her performance was brave, daring and endearing, and pushed boundaries.

Here her performance is off the charts brilliant, and I do not think it unreasonable to say no actress on the planet could have played the part better, and she is the single most compelling reason to see this movie.

She manages to be all things, funny, emotional, endearing, charming, sympathetic, easily matching the more experienced A list actress Cameron Diaz, comedically brilliant, and possessed of a marvellous feminity.

The Other Woman is a much better than expected comedy which worked on every level for me. Cameron Diaz plays an unmarried lawyer who has fished extensively in the dating pool, and been disappointed with her catches. Her secretary played by Nicki Minaj offers very dubious dating advice. Her new love turns out to be an already taken man, Leslie Mann his wife.

Wife and alleged mistress after initial awkwardness form an unlikely alliance to seek a witty revenge on a cheating husband. The movie produces a serious of scenes, some based on witty humor, much based on physical comedy. I found myself so wrapped up in the moment that I rarely thought ahead, and loved every moment, as did the audience around me many of whom were women. Kate Upton plays another...let's just say that this husband gets around, and this small but determined group seeks a means of justice.

I enjoyed Kate Upton. I don't know if acting is something she wishes to pursue as a career, but one had the sense of her authentic nature coming through, and she seems to be a sweet girl, who fit in easily and comfortably with her more accomplished acting colleagues.

There were a number of scenes where I had to cover my eyes, and the absurdity of the nature of revenge was absolutely delightful.

Though female energy drives the movie most men who see it will also enjoy and not simply dismiss as a 'chick flick.'
The Other woman gave me a much better than expected experience.

If you like this movie you will also probably like The First Wives Club with Bette Midler and Goldie Hawn.

I think most people will enjoy this movie and I hope this was helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A PATCH OF HAPPINESS, May 3, 2014
This review is from: The Other Woman (Amazon Instant Video)
Kate (Leslie Mann) discovers her husband Mark (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) has been cheating on him with Carly (Cameron Diaz) and Amber (Kate Upton). The three women form a sisterhood making me feel like I was watching a "Sex in the City" episode. Together they conspire to "hurt" Mark.

The movie is a chick flick. Cameron Diaz is not the spry Charlies' Angel anymore. Leslie Mann plays an unrealistic character that was fun to watch. And Kate Upton ran in slow motion in a white bikini. This was a fun formulaic film that is not deep. Good sound track helped in the enjoyment.

Parental Guide: No nudity. 2 mouthed f-bombs. Sex talk

5.0 out of 5 stars A really funny look into Infidelity., July 20, 2014
Decapitated Plaything "Mr. Sinister" (Ft. Lauderdale, fl United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Other Woman (Amazon Instant Video)
Well, if you check my other reviews on movies and music you'll see that I normally only review something I'm passionate about in a good or bad way. ALL reviews are opinions and shouldn't be taken out of context. I FINALLY had the time to see this movie and was really surprised how much I liked it. What is so nice to see in this movie, that you don't see a lot of anymore, is REAL chemistry between a group of actors or actresses. They really struck gold on this one! I loved watching these 3 talented beautiful women play these characters. You really get a sense right away that they all mutually love and respect each other on and off camera. I thought the movie was very funny, but had a element of true bonding between 3 ladies brought together in a totally unconventional way. I loved catching the little thing's that go under the radar of a normal audience. The scene where all 3 where following the main male character with Binoculars and Kate Upton stands up totally distracted and starts with "I see a dolphin", "I see a mermaid" was totally unexpected. I was almost peeing myself. The people who gave it one star have the right to do so, but it's a shame because I feel in some way, they just didn't "get it". I would LOVE to see someone bring all three ladies together again for another comedy of some kind. I'd be in line with my jumbo popcorn in a hot minute. Great job girls!

4.0 out of 5 stars I do like most of Cameron Diaz's films I've seen, July 22, 2014
This review is from: The Other Woman (DVD)
My friend had been wanting to see this movie since the trailer was released. I was quite neutral about the idea of it, but I watched it with her since I had been hearing about it for months. I do like most of Cameron Diaz's films I've seen, I think she's fun to watch and I like one of Leslie Mann's movies, "Knocked Up". I didn't really laugh out loud a whole lot in the movie, though it keep keep my attention and I was entertained. The ending was very predictable as well.

Overall, it's one of those movies I would watch on TV if there was nothing else on but I wouldn't buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny. You will need to watch several times to ..., July 20, 2014
This review is from: The Other Woman (Amazon Instant Video)
Very funny. You will need to watch several times to catch stuff you missed because you were laughing so loud. Great cast.

4.0 out of 5 stars with a good cast, it is what it is, July 20, 2014
This is a silly chick flick, and if up beat is what your in the mood for... At the same time it shows empowered female characters albeit humorously ... Very decent production quality, with a good cast , it is what it is ... If your looking for empowered females and humor in a silly package this will do the trick... enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars A twist on the 'First Wives Club', June 16, 2014
Devon Chadderton (Renton, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I really liked this movie! The actors were a good combination and the ending was (though predictable) satisfying. It's a modern day version of "The First Wives Club" except they are all victims of the same man. I will add this to my collection when it comes out on dvd.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, July 21, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining / Unoriginal, May 12, 2014
This review is from: The Other Woman (Amazon Instant Video)
"The Other Woman" (TOW) has its moments of inspired slapstickery and contains one of the most over-the-top, yet engaging performances by a grown woman in a comedy (Leslie Mann) I've yet seen. Her controlled physical and emotional histrionics are hardly balanced by moments of resolve and clarity, yet we feel for her and her inability to come to a decision regarding her philandering husband.

While not an incredibly well-written, plotted, or directed movie, TOW is nonetheless eminently watchable regardless of which sex you represent. I didn't feel particularly put upon or slandered as a male primarily due to the fact that the triple-timing husband seemed to relish in his moral paucity. The guy is pretty much a total creep.

However, TOW is weighed down by the hugely exaggerated stereotypes of just about everyone save Ms. Mann's character. (SPOILER ALERT) And the final climax wherein the cheating husband is confronted is silly, overblown, and straight out of the Three Stooges. Subtlety is not this picture's forte'.

And as for Ms. Upton. As an actress she's a very good bathing suit model.

The Other Woman