In this FULLY-UPDATED edition of The IN/OUT Question, journalist and entrepreneur Hugo Dixon explains why:
• We benefit from the EU’s single market
• All alternatives to EU membership are worse
• We can solve cross-border problems like the refugee crisis better by working with the EU than going solo
• If we quit the EU, we may lose Scotland
• Free movement is, on balance, good for Britain
Although the EU is frustrating, we can make it better. We should fix it, not nix it.
Hugo Dixon is a journalist and entrepreneur. He worked at the Financial Times for over a decade, including five years running the Lex Column. He then founded Breakingviews, the global financial commentary business. He now writes a column on political economy for Reuters, Breakingviews and the International New York Times.
Praise for The In/Out Question from Boris Johnson:
"Hugo Dixon is the Johnnie Cochran of the European Union - he has done a superb job of defending the indefensible!"