From the Back Cover
The Product Development & Management Association (PDMA), the leading professional organization for new product development (NPD), presents the second volume of its highly regarded reference on the tools for successful NPD. Complementing the first volumes focus on NPD process tools, ToolBook 2 reflects the heightened interest in strategic and organizational development and understanding consumer needs. Key innovators in NPD offer best-practice tools that can be implemented immediately by project leaders, process owners, and program and portfolio managers in their own organizations.
ToolBook 2 provides cross-functional coverage of such topics as:
- Enhancing the learning ability and creativity of an organization
- Better understanding customer needs and tailoring NPD to these needs
- Determining the economic value of products and services
- Enabling customers to design their own products
- Integrating new information technology tools into NPD
- Using mapping tools for planning and portfolio decision-making
With sections devoted to organizational issues, the fuzzy front end (FFE), managing the process, and portfolio and pipeline management, ToolBook 2 is an indispensable resource for NPD professionals.
About the Author
ABBIE GRIFFIN is Professor of Business Administration at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
STEPHEN M. SOMERMEYER is a Relationship Manager at YourEncore in Indianapolis, Indiana.