on November 11, 2010
 At first I was having a tough time installing the Glove's software like the previous reviewer here, but because of a security update for .Net 4.0. I had to uninstall .Net 4, then re-install and turn off automatic Windows Update, which tries to sneak that security update in. Please note that there are also TWO versions of .Net 4.0, a client and a standalone. Get the standalone.
Just check out the support discussion groups at theperegrine.com. There's answers there.
It is nice because you can carry out those pesky far-to-reach key presses with a thumb to finger tap.
This is, to me, especially useful while playing strategy games where I assigned unit build orders of my favorite units to a thumb-to-index finger 'gesture'. All i have to do is tap repeatedly to queue up my unit production.
If you play strategies like Spacecraft, or Command & Conquer, you know what I'm talking about.
Not very useful for FPS though, as it does dramatically decrease the tactile sense of your keyboard. While playing FPS's I kept hitting wrong keys as I'm a WSAD player, thus the 4 stars.
Perhaps future versions will have thin rubber finger tip pads, we'll see.
Aside from the slippery finger tips, your key customization options are very broad with 18 key assignments for thumb-tip taps, 18 for thumb-pad taps, and 4 for finger-tip to palm taps, giving a total of 36 distinct commands.
As of yet, macro commands are not available yet. Software does support ctrl + 'key' commands.
Keep in mind, this DOES NOT REPLACE a keyboard, just brings some keys closer.
Purchased thru Metishop.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 9, 2011
The ability to access a ton of hot-keys very quickly with only the tips of your fingers is a definite plus.

I would recommend first breaking in the glove. Wear it around the house, or on a jog, and do little finger exercises while you have it on so you can get a better feel for the strings that run down the length of your fingers (they feel like guitar strings) and familiarize yourself with the hot points. One recommendation I would have for the design of the glove would be to place cushioned bubbles over the hot points on the strings, sometimes you will hit the wrong area and having a better feel of where the connection is would be great.

The setup was easy and painless, and the ability to add hot-keys was easy too. I didn't even have to watch the tutorial to get it running correctly. Using the glove is also good for posture and kinetics, if you have problems with carpal this is a great option as not only does it free your wrist it exercises your fingers.

Once you have gone through the learning curve of re-memorizing what keys are linked to particular actions, gameplay is smooth. I am now able to do everything in LOTRO with the glove except loot the dead corpses, as soon as I figure that out I could play LOTRO with JUST THE GLOVE, no mouse or keyboard.

--Jeremy
on February 5, 2011
The glove would be great if "buttons" on the glove didn't so often run together. The keyboard is still better in accuracy and if you want to use it while using a keyboard the buttons on the glove that can be quickly accessed greatly diminish. That along with covering your fingers with slick material make it something that I wouldn't recommend. I really wanted to like it and wanted it to be a good product but it's not quite there yet.
on November 19, 2011
I really would like to give this product 2.5 stars (to be overly precise). I have owned this glove for several months now and have had many problems especially with the software and the durability of the glove itself. The warranty is extremely short and limited, too. That said and even with all the cons listed below, I still use the glove for my work on a daily basis and you may love it.

Cons:
1) I had the glove's thumb activator point fall apart within the first month after I purchased it (and others have had the same issue). Then, a couple months later the pod/cable totally went but it was causing me problems for a long time before that and I thought it was their software or my laptop's USB power supply. The pod problems were very frustrating with frequent disconnects and general unresponsiveness.

2) The warranty is very short and it depends on where you look as to how long it is. When I bought it, I think I saw 3 different warranty lengths depending on where I looked (the box, their website, and on Amazon) but I think it has been finalized and it is now 6 months on the glove and 1 year on the pod. I think Logitech has a 3-year "no questions asked" warranty on their products which would be nice here considering that they are an unknown company with a very fragile product. Further, from reading their website, I think the glove warranty is supposed to be for fitting issues and not wear and tear/defects (I could be wrong though) but they were nice enough to replace mine.

3) The software is very quirky and needs updating and would not say that it is user friendly in general. There are a number of control+keys that cannot be programmed as of right now including several letters and all numbers and symbols I believe. You cannot program control+mouse click either. Further, I am not sure about the Alt+key and FN+key combinations and I don't think it supports any macros either. Also, I have had programmed touchpoints disappear and need to be reprogrammed. Depending on your Windows visual effects, their software will flash on the screen numerous times and be inoperable for 15 seconds or so after maximizing it from the system tray but it seems I have solved this issue by reducing the animations, etc. in Windows. There have been a lot of other smaller quirks, too and can be difficult to calibrate (i.e., during calibration, sometimes the touches won't register after many attempts even with the best settings).

4) Very difficult to type, etc. with the glove on. It should have some rubber gripping/PVC dots to the glove to make it easier.

5) It really needs more material under the glove between the metal tracks that run throughout the glove because sometimes I will have red marks all over my hands after using it for an extended period.

6) The palm activator pad seems too small (narrow) and awkwardly placed to be easily used. At least, for me it is.

Pros:
1) When everything is working correctly and you accept the fact that you can't program some basic things into the glove, the glove is pretty cool. There are just a lot of "if's" sometimes to this scenario.

2) They have a great, easy-to-use website and a very friendly staff who are very responsive and seem like they are willing to work with you on the warranty, etc. and it sounds like they will be fixing some of the issues with their software soon.
on December 22, 2013
the glove falls apart in a matter of 2 months. to much to costly to have to replace every 2 months.
on January 12, 2013
Originally bought this glove as a present for my fiance who plays WoW, however due to all the different key bindings and key variations he has he decided using it for this game would just not allow him to perform as he usually does, also made it very difficult for him to type while using the glove, instead he might keep it for playing Diablo III which has a much more simple key setting and no key binding/macro variations as World of Warcraft does.

Really nice gadget for the right game, WoW (if you have a lot of key bindings and/or macros) is not one of them.
on March 24, 2013
This glove is amazing. There are so many different possibilities within this simple yet complicated accessory. With enough macro points to fit and entire alphabet and a few extra keys, you can figure just about any macro set you can think of. and you can even set up to five different macro combos for each profile. And the number of profiles is limited to the amount of space available on your hard drive.

But wait!! There's More!! The device is simple to load. Just go to the peregrine glove website and download the drivers then plug it into the usb port and there you go.

The most annoying feature about this glove is that it is so unconventional. I'm not so good with keyboard macros. I usually use a gaming controller. Using the glove was like learning how to walk all over again. You think that tapping your fingers would be easy but it is not for the amateur gamer.

Another tricky thing to remember is the sensitivity of the touch points. The thumb tip is not really that flexible so it is very loose fitting and it takes a bit of finesse to tap that index digit. other than the pointer, the other fingers are pretty easy to make contact with.

One last thing to remember. Make sure the fingers are pulled down firmly. If you have flimsy fingertips then the glove isn't so useful. But that is really an insignificant issue.

I highly recommend this product. if you have the money to buy it, it will be your best weapon in mmo pvp battles. once you get used to it of course.
on March 26, 2011
Box contained the actual gaming glove in a transport bag and a short manual for installation and driver setup.
Cable length is sufficient. The glove fits perfectly on my hand (medium to large according to size chart). Temperature was not an issue, the ventilation works pretty well. Worksmanship seems very good, no loose threads or other parts. USB-connector locks firmly in place by using a magnet.
Driver installation and calibration was without problems (Win7 64-bit) and took about 5 minutes to complete.
5 keybind setups allow having profiles for 5 games simultaneously.
Using the glove will take some practice.
Playing immediately feels more immersive than when playing with a keyboard. Once I got some practice with it, using the glove became much easier and the finger movements felt more naturally.

I recommend this product for games that do not require 20+ keys and normally use mouse input combined with a keyboard. The Peregrine works great with any game that doesn't require excessive spamming of several buttons at once. I use it for Dragon Age 2, RTS games like Starcraft 2, and games like Magicka or even WoW when I don't feel like using the keyboard.

In sum, if you look for a new and different kind of input device that will perform well and allow you to add another level of immersion into a game, give this one a try!
on March 24, 2013
Wonderful Idea... It made "hotkeying" significantly easier... It was a ton of fun to use, although there was a significant learning curve to using it... Unfortunately several of the touch points were inconvenient to use, and one of my activator pads was completely broken... The locations of Two of the activator pads was inconvenient and not in a place for a natural finger movement...

I was foolish enough to buy this product ignoring most of the user reviews, thinking: "maybe it was just an individual problem"... Unfortunately, the there are obvious flaws and problems.

Don't buy unless you plan on returning it within a week...

I really wanted to like this, but It just didn't work...
on August 27, 2013
Bought this glove because I thought it would be fun to use for MMORPGs or Diablo 3, and it's awesome. The price is kind of high but I found it worth it. I measured my hands(how they recommend on their site) at 3.75 inches and the large glove fits snug. I also have kind of fat hands. One thing you have to be sure to do is calibrate the glove if you ever have any issues with response.Sometimes you have to calibrate the sensors individually. Sounds like a lot of work, but Its worth it. And I typed this whole review wearing the Peregrine so it doesn't hinder typing.