5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference Tool and Study Aid
Published on November 8, 2010 by John W. Crockett

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch! Nice start but...
I bought this Quick Reference Guide (QRG) with the PMPOK Guide thinking these ref charts would save time - I think it might be called "Quick" for the reason in the "bad" section below

Published on January 29, 2011 by Secret Sam

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference Tool and Study Aid, November 8, 2010
This review is from: The PMP Exam: Quick Reference Guide (Test Prep series) (Pamphlet)
I bought this along with Andy's book, "The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, Fourth Edition." This guide is a great study aid and reference tool. Prior to taking the test, I used this as a handy reference for refreshing my memory on key inputs, outputs, and processes and also for mathematical formulas. The guide is actually a laminated tri-fold guide, with a total of six pages (three sheets, front and back). It's well-organized and extremely helpful. Now that I've taken the test, I'll keep this handy for everyday reference.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch! Nice start but..., January 29, 2011

The good - The publisher did a very nice, quality job on construction and it has well laid out groupings of information (This keeps it from being a 1 star). I really like the idea of a consolidated mix of key terms/vocab next to the Inputs/Tools/Outputs for each section - though the terms don't match the BOK. For fairness, the QRG does NOT say it summarizes the BOK and it DOES say it is for use with the "How to Pass on Your first try" book which I have not seen. That might explain why the QRG brings up a few terms that I did not find in the BOK.

The bad - The I/T/O groups are terribly incomplete - about 30% or more information is missing from each of the BOK's OV sections I looked at (Comms/Risk/Proc Mgt areas). An extreme example is from Id Risks 11.2. The BOK has 11 Inputs the QRG has only 4 Inputs. Which source am I going to trust to reference prior to an exam or during a project? Obviously from my rating, I cannot use this as a standalone guide for reviewing because I am only reviewing partial information and therefore only partially refreshing my memory on the BOK's inputs, tools, outputs across the processes.

The QRG is too low a cost to return and I do like the additional terms, but I do plan on directly referencing the BOK's OVs and DFDs since those give a simple, well laid out and *complete* review with a process-integrated perspective. At least my 3*, $30 Internet reference material set completely lists all 87 I/Os and their 206/129 uses across the 42 processes and the 135 tools etc and includes a colorful 100 page doc on all the sched/cost/qual/EVM formulas.

Bottom line, my study plan does not reserve much time referencing the "Quick" Reference Guide.

A side note. From the $90 I have spent on PMP study material my initial review a lot of hit and miss - 2 docs at 2*, 1 at 3* and 2 are 4* (BOK is good for understanding fundamental data leading to test prep, but has no practice area and is missing a lot of essential information specific for doing actual PM work on development projects, which to be fair, they do acknowledge at various times). It is clear from my initial review that the BOK does need to be supplemented, so my advice is to pick your materials well, based on where your knowledge & experience levels are and how you best learn.

1.0 out of 5 stars Brian, November 1, 2012
Pretty funny how one of the major sections of the PMP is Quality Control and the three things that Andy Crowe puts out (Quick Reference Guide, flash cards, and How to Pass on your First Try) are completely different with their information. For example, the book lists all inputs, tools and techniques. The Quick Reference Guide lists less; and the flashcards lack 90% of total inputs, tools, and techniques. Rather than list all of them, in many cases it says none. Normally having three resources would be advantages. However, using these inconjunction will only lead you to confusion, and likely failure the first few times you take the exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every PM will love it!, October 12, 2010
Furat Y. Sallumi (Dubai, United Arab Emirates) - See all my reviews
I purchased this item after I passed the PMP exam .. I can see how much I needed something like that for final review .. However, I loved it! I am keeping it on the top of my work desk for quick reference. It is handy, dense, brief, the print is perfect, and the lamination keeps it safe from coffee accedents. Finally, I think evey PM will love it. Thanks Andy Crowe!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pmp quick reference, December 28, 2011
Dave B. (Boise, Idaho) - See all my reviews
It's more of a post exam reference. Good information but not in depth enough as a soul source for the exam.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Ready for Prime Time, June 28, 2013
I like the approach of how the process outputs feed into new process's inputs. This helps greatly for us systems thinkers.

However, this is not a commercial-ready product. Numerous formatting mistakes, mispellings, and downright wrong information (try finding the Requirements Management Plan output). I think the author needs to go back to square one and fix this thing. I like it, it just is not work buying in its present condition.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing to say the least !, June 10, 2014
This is supposed to be an all encompassing Quick Reference Guide. It is a decent tool but hardly adequate for someone preparing for the PMP. Half of the Inputs, Tools and Outputs for the various processes are missing. Had to get a Sharpie and add the missing info so that it would actually be complete and contain all the data. I wish I could post a picture of the number of additions to the "reference guide". You need to update your work, Mr. Crowe !

5.0 out of 5 stars Must HAVE Supplement to Andy Crowe's Book, November 11, 2011
As a confirmed self-studier, I decided to forego a live class and see what I could do with Andy Crowe's book and other study materials. It was a good bet. "The PMP Exam: Quick Reference Guide" gave me six information-packed panels that focused on the essential pieces I needed to review. Great value, great tool. As another reviewer said, who needs (wants) to reread the book when you have a handy little sheet like this to review the important stuff once you've passed?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool but it could be better, May 26, 2011
Very informational. A great tool for study.

I would have given it 5 stars but the printing in some areas is too small. Especially with the formulas it is difficult to tell the difference between division and minus signs for older eyes.

My suggestion for improvement is to reprint it on Legal size as the Letter size isn't adequate enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTMENT IN PMP GUIDE, August 30, 2012
Maybe I misunderstood when ordering the PMP reference guide. It is difficult to read as too much information is crammed into the limited space. I did appreciate the tips on taking the test.

The PMP Exam: Quick Reference Guide (Test Prep series)
The PMP Exam: Quick Reference Guide (Test Prep series) by Andy Crowe (Pamphlet - May 1, 2010)
$24.95 $23.70