The Pacific 1 Season 2010
Amazon Instant Video
1. The Pacific Part One In the aftermath of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Marine Sgt. John Basilone prepares to ship out, while budding journalist Robert Leckie enlists as a Marine. Eugene Sledge, unable to enlist due to a heart murmur, says farewell to his best friend.
2. The Pacific Part Two Basilone and the 7th Marines arrive on Guadalcanal to reinforce Leckie and the rest of the 1st Marine Division as they defend the crucial airstrip. Basilone plays a key role in repelling a nighttime Japanese attack, but suffers a frightful loss.
3. The Pacific Part Three Debilitated after Guadalcanal, Leckie, Basilone and their comrades land in Melbourne, where they are greeted by adoring crowds. Meanwhile, Basilone is awarded the Medal of Honor and is asked to return home to help sell U.S. war bonds.
4. The Pacific Part Four Sledge trains for combat at Camp Elliott. The 1st Marine Division lands at Cape Gloucester on the Japanese-held island of New Britain. Later, while stationed on the island of Pavuvu, Leckie begins displaying the physical and mental effects of combat.
5. The Pacific Part Five Basilone's celebrity grows as he goes cross-country on the war bonds tour. On Pavuvu, Sledge is briefly reunited with Phillips and Leckie. Sledge then gets his first taste of combat as 1st Marine Division meet fierce Japanese resistance on Peleliu.
6. The Pacific Part Six Despite the suffocating heat and a lack of clean water, Sledge, Leckie and other Marines confront the highly-fortified enemy as they attempt to capture the Peleliu airfield. Sledge witnesses the shocking truth about what is sometimes required to survive.
7. The Pacific Part Seven The Marines continue the battle of Peleliu against an enemy determined to fight to the last man. Devastated by the loss of a revered leader, and witnessing unimaginable barbarity on both sides, Sledge veers to the very edge of moral collapse.
8. The Pacific Part Eight An increasingly frustrated Basilone convinces the Marines to allow him to train troops headed for combat. Transferred to Camp Pendleton, he enjoys a whirlwind romance with an initially reluctant female Marine.
9. The Pacific Part Nine After battling on Okinawa for over a month, Sledge and the rest of the 1st Marine Division are ordered to relieve an Army division that has been in combat against the most strongly defended Japanese position on the island.
10. The Pacific Part Ten (Miniseries Finale). After the Japanese surrender, Leckie and Sledge return home and attempt to adjust to life after war. Meanwhile, Lena visits Basilone's home and has an emotional meeting with his family.
|Genres||Military & War, Drama, Adventure, Action|
|Director||Timothy Van Patten|
|Supporting actors||Jon Seda, Jon Bernthal, Joshua Bitton, Tom Budge, Linda Cropper, Caroline Dhavernas, Josh Helman, Ashton Holmes, Toby Moore, Henry Nixon, Keith Nobbs, Conor O'Farrell, Jacob Pitts, William Sadler, Simon Bossell, Mark Casamento, Lelia Goldoni, Chris Haywood|
|Executive Producer||Jonathan Brytus|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
It allows for the development of character, emotions, and real world feel of war.
Like most people I was very excited to hear that HBO was making another series I do agree Band Of Brothers was much better I still think The Pacific is also very good.
Much like Band of Brothers, The Pacific creates a personal connection with the soldiers and Marines who fought in World War II.
Combines Band of Brothers into South Pacific in WWII. Directors talent along with great acting in scenes brings war to a vivid realty.Published 20 hours ago by Buddy
Very well done series on the Marines during the Pacific campaign. Portrays a lot of the Corps legends. Chesty Puller. John Basilone.Published 1 day ago by marklee
The actors were so similar, it was difficult to paint personality pictures of each. It's good, but Band of Brothers it isn't.Published 8 days ago by Richard Boulware
Love this series! Well made and produced. It grabs your attention and keeps you watching through every episode. Would recommend to my friends.Published 10 days ago by J. Sable
The first time that I saw this series was on HBO and I kept missing episodes, so it felt more disjointed than when I watched the episodes in rapid succession on BluRay last week. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Kid at heart
In my opinion this series is equal to Band of Brothers in scope, details of production and any technical area you can thing of. Great actors and tight scripts. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Edward R. Lilley
Very good film. Much different than Band of Brothers but at same time similar. More focus on individuals and how the war affected them than on Units.Published 14 days ago by R. Reiss
I bought this item because i love the Pacific and Band of Brothers, but when i received it in the mail and went to watch it i noticed every disk was severely scratched after... Read morePublished 15 days ago by Brekken
Along with Band of Brothers, The Pacific provides a visceral viewing experience of what it was like to save democracy from the heinousness of tyranny. Read morePublished 15 days ago by bmg