Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Paleo Cookbook: 300 Delicious Paleo Diet Recipes
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 8, 2012
I use the word "diet" in the most general way, the great thing about the paleo diet is it's not really a diet, more like a lifestyle change. You can eat a normal amount, no need to go hungry, and you can eat things like.... MEAT! I'm not going to lie, I'm lazy, I work too much and have nowhere near enough energy to run as much as I used to, but I still want to stay healthy. This book's suggestions, in combination with walking 3 miles 3 times a week has actually given me more energy than I had prior to eating better and exercising. The recipes in this book are easy enough for even me to make, and there are tons of mouthwatering choices. As a man I am of course morally opposed to three things, asking for directions, watching a TV channel for more than 5 minutes, and eating vegetarian, the paleo diet is just what I needed. A great book, and a easy to follow lifestyle change.
on May 18, 2012
The biggest challenge with dieting/losing weight for me is to really stick to a weight-loss plan mainly because of the amount-of and choice-of low carb foods that are available to eat. Let me tell you something here, the Paleo Diet Solution
book has changed the way that I think about weight loss and dieting. The recommended Paleo foods in this book are perfect and tasty!
When I seriously started the Paleo Diet it didn't take very long to notice the results, my pants are feeling looser and I feel more energy. There are sections in the book that go in-depth about gluten free recipes for people interested in that. But I base my food choices/meals around the low carb recipes that are so beautifully described in this book. If I could only keep one of my kindle books on health and dieting, the Paleo Diet Solution Cookbook would definitely be the keeper. Good luck with your diet too! Just go for it and get this book, you'll love it when you start losing weight and feeling better...
on August 21, 2012
There are plenty of lovely ideas in this cookbook but a lot of the ingredients I would not consider "paleo".
I still think it was worth purchasing though because the recipes still stand up if you just omit the baddies, like agave nectar. (Too sweet for me now that I'm no longer a sugar addict lol!)

A good buy simply for the inspiration.
on October 3, 2012
Before I get into the book, here's a little background on the Paleo diet. The idea behind the diet is to eat as closely as possible to the way our ancestors did while they were hunter/gatherers. Why? Well, it was a lot healthier. There were no processed foods and the food they did it were gluten and sugar free. Rather than follow a "fad diet" the Paleo cookbook shows you how to change your eating habits. By removing sugar and carbs from your diet, you'll automatically lose weight without really trying, and if combined with regular exercise, this diet will certainly help you achieve your ideal weight.

One of the best things about this cookbook is that unlike "diet" books, you don't need to sacrifice flavor and you don't have to worry too much about portion control. Every dish has huge amounts of flavor thanks to the use of tasty items like bacon. Now you might be thinking that bacon isn't necessarily the healthiest thing in the world, but the nice thing about this "diet" book is that you don't have to feel bad about indulging since you're only partaking in one or two slices. There are some clever ways to avoid carbs while still enjoying things like pancakes and the occasional desserts. There are also some pictures of the meals, though unfortunately on the Kindle you don't get to see it in color.

The book itself is broken up into breakfast, salads, soups, main dishes separated by meat, side dishes, World Cuisine, desserts and vegan. I think the inclusion of the vegan section in the book is an excellent idea and promotes the idea that the Paleo diet isn't just about eating copious amounts of meat. It's more about avoiding processed, starchy foods.

The cookbook offers some nice one-paragraph descriptions of the meals, however there isn't a whole lot of background on the Paleo diet itself. Luckily, there is a new title called Paleo For Beginners that go over the basics of the regimen, so if you're interested in learning more, you should definitely check out that book.
VINE VOICEon September 15, 2012
Our diet is not strict paleo, but we try to eat low-carb as much as possible [17-day Diet plan, basically paleo with dairy], so this cookbook is a goldmine for us. There is a huge variety of recipes for all tastes - Asian, Italian, Mexican, more. There are also some really great snack and beverage recipes at the end of the book. I like the hot-link TOC, BUT it's categories only, and there is no index or page numbers. So the upshot is that if you find a recipe you really like, you'd better bookmark it or print it off, because there are about 300 pages in this e-book and it's going to be tricky to relocate something later. This is a book I will definitely refer to again and again - very much worth the purchase price!
on June 28, 2012
I love these foods, and they offer my family such a better healthy diet alternative to the usual crap foods we end up eating and don't even notice it! I think this cookbook is a one stop cookbook, with so many recipes, covering everything from breakfast to supper! Amazingly big collection, just so you wont have an excuse to not to stick with the diet longterm!!

I recommend this cookbook to anyone who follows a Paleo diet, and wants more variety and in their recipe collection! Great bookbook to have around...
on September 17, 2012
Having just finished John Chatham's "The Paleo Diet Solution," I was intrigued to seek out his companion cookbook for a better understanding of how high quality proteins, Omega 3 fatty acids, high fiber and low glycemic carbs could be successfully assembled into a pleasing - and energizing - menu. Such was the diet of our caveman ancestors whose reliance on whatever they could hunt, gather or fish for on any given day not only enabled them to manage their weight but also reduce their susceptibility to cardiovascular disease, dementia, diabetes and a host of auto-immune disorders.

As Homosapiens who are constantly on the go and juggling a multiplicity of demands on our time, it has become much too easy for us to mindlessly reach for a salty snack, gobble down a handful of sugary treats, throw something in the microwave, or head for the nearest drive-thru whenever we get hungry. The convenience factor of these processed foods, however, is our worst enemy when it comes to enjoying a healthy and fit lifestyle. As Chatham's easy-to-follow recipes attest, you don't have to have a lot of cooking experience, set aside hours of prep time or even adjust your grocery budget to produce main dishes such as Spanish lamb casserole, roast loin of venison, curried shrimp, or steakhouse crab cakes. Nor will you want to miss the nectarine and onion pork chops. As an entrée, this will be a rich dish best accompanied by simple grilled asparagus or garlic and herbed mashed cauliflower. In this meal, contrast is important due to the strength of the pork and the tartness of the nectarines. A chilled cranberry tea would be a welcomed brew with this flavorful dish.

If I had only one criticism of the cookbook, it would be the lack of an introduction and overview of the Paleo diet itself. Having just finished Chatham's other book, I think I was able to more quickly understand how the diet worked than someone who might purchase this cookbook just by itself and without that prior knowledge. That it jumps straightaway into the table of contents felt a little rushed but in no way cost it a star in the final review.
on September 26, 2012
Want to eat steak and lose weight? Me too! I looked into the "Paleo Diet" and thus "The Paleo Diet Solution Cookbook" by John Chatham. What I found was 300 mouth-watering recipes with titles and ingredients that made my eyes pop. Take a gander at a few of these:

Banana-Berry Pancakes
Chicken BLT
Tangy Beef Brisket
Crunchy Pecan Chicken
Pork Chops with Caramelized Apples and Onions
Flourless Chocolate cake
Bacon Wrapped Scallops

This is food I can definitely sink my teeth into.

So what, you may ask, is this "Paleo Diet"? Well, essentially, it's eating like a caveman - meats, vegetables, and fruits, and cutting out the grains and sugars. With recipes like these, this diet will be a piece of cake - Flourless Chocolate Cake!

Some of the problems I've had with other diet cookbooks are the long list of obscure ingredients and unappealing choices. As I turned each page of "The Paleo Diet Solution Cookbook" my diet resolve just got stronger! The listed ingredients are items I regularly buy; foods my family already enjoys. For example: avocados, bacon, chicken, beef, fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, eggs, olive oil... With a few small changes, this could possibly be the easiest diet EVER!

Bring me my club! I'm going CAVEMAN!
on September 8, 2012
Let's go back in time for this book - the Paleolithic era. That was the time of the cavemen, where food wasn't processed and could often kill you before you could hunt it. I didn't have to do any excessive scavenging for the recipes in "The Paleo Diet Solution Cookbook". You can get much of what you need at the supermarket but some require visits to health food stores as well, but there is nothing that is not attainable. I didn't even have to construct any crude weapons.

The cavemen didn't have any 'diet' in their nutrition regimen, so there's no depriving yourself of anything in this book - you're just not eating processed food. There's plenty of food groups to choose from - plants, fish, organically grown meat, vegetables and nuts. There's no room for boredom or stagnation.

The cookbook has recipes for all meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as snacks, soup, salads, you name it. There's main dishes ranging from poultry to pork to fish and seafood to casseroles. There's also culturally-diverse foods - Mexican, Italian, Asian and American. I'm an Italian food fan - I'd probably live in a restaurant if I could. When I got this book I made a beeline for the Italian section - and the chicken cacciatore recipe is great. It was easy to make too, even for someone whose cooking skills are on par with the cavemen before the discovery of fire.

The desserts are great too - I made poached pears that were delicious.

It's not all food either, there's a section for beverages where you can make energy juice, paleo hot chocolate, coffee, and chai tea.

The cooking or mixing instructions are very easy to follow and never bogs one down with too much minutiae about the preparation.

This book definitely belongs on your shelf if you want to do the Paleo Diet. Now you can eat well and also look better than the caveman mascot of a certain insurance company.
on September 6, 2012
I have a difficult time with long complicated recipes, in my kitchen simple is best. The Paleo Diet Solution Cookbook thankfully gives you exactly that.
The table of contents is direct and helpful in allowing the reader to quickly find what they are looking to cook; desert, breakfast, and dinner dishes. The options cover everything we would normally eat such as beef, sea food, and poultry. The solution cookbook also covers lunches, international dishes, and vegetarian/vegan options for a bit more opportunities in learning to cook more consciously.
What I liked about The Paleo Diet is that it gives you what you would normally cook for breakfast/lunch/dinner/ect like eggs and toast it gives you eggs and eggplant a combination I never would have thought of. Most everything in the ingredients is something most people, especially cooks, already have in their kitchen such as: green onions, pepper, and butter.
When starting a new diet the key is options preferably seven full days of new recepes to give the dieter trial and error period, to get a chance to discover the type of food they like and this book gives that and more. The more options the better, so people don't feel that they are actually dieting.
Certain people, me included, have trouble with cooking in the kitchen and if instructions ramble on about texture and the look of the food can frustrate people who are still new to cooking. Luckily, each and every instruction is only two paragraphs long! Short and sweet is a great selling point for those of us who are scared of our ovens and stoves. The directions are specific and direct to help the reader easily when they are reading and cooking at the same time.
The solution truly lives up to its name, allowing people to diet and cook their own meals without straining their wallets. The basics are all there in this book and should give anyone who is serious about losing weight the right direction to start eating right.
The most delicious dishes are the ones for parties that serve 8-10 people. Which is helpful ,to people who are on a diet, to stick with it but also be able to cook for their friends at a party or bring a special dish to a potluck at work, both are difficult places to remain on your new regime.
Overall truly a solution for people who want to learn to cook and those looking to lose weight on the Paleo Diet this book with help them do both.