Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM

on March 25, 2014
Some background: I am a fifteen year-old aspiring chef, and I LOVE to cook--especially wholesome, healthy food. I love Arsy's blog, Rubies and Radishes, for its simple yet creative recipes that are pleasing to both the eye and the palate. I very much enjoyed her first book, the Paleo Slow Cooker, so when I heard she was working on another cookbook, I got excited.

Luckily for me, The Paleo Foodie Cookbook exceeded my already high expectations. The pictures are clear, bright, and appealing--I get hungry every time I even crack the cover! The recipes are elegant yet easy enough for your average home cook to prepare for a weeknight dinner, all feature vibrant spices and fresh ingredients. Some of my favorites include the spicy parsnip hummus (as parsnips are one of my favorite vegetables), Koofteh (Persian meatballs highlighted with walnuts and prunes), and Slow-cooker Hawaiian Oxtail Soup, all of which I look forward to making this spring and seasons to come. Whether you like grilling, roasting, or throwing everything in the crock pot, you'll find a dish you'll fall in love with.

Another thing I like about this cookbook is the lack of "paleo" dessert recipes; instead, Arsy uses resh and dried fruit to provide a sweet accessory for her already-delicious dishes. While I love to bake and think that a sweet made with healthier ingredients has a place at the table, it's refreshing to see a book emphasizing produce over almond flour pancakes.

I would highly recommend The Paleo Foodie Cookbook for anyone who wants to impress guests with a beautiful, healthy meal or feed a hungry family with a nourishing dinner at the end of the day. You don't need to a die-hard paleo advocate to fall in love with the recipes in this book. It's a great addition to my cookbook collection, and I know I'll be coming back to it for inspiration time and time again.
on March 25, 2014
As a self-proclaimed foodie, I have absolutely fallen in love with this book. To me being a foodie means respecting the ingredients I use in my food and allowing them to shine on the plate which is what the author of this book, Arsy, has done. Each page is a reflection of her love and passion for food and the respect and care she takes for each ingredient on the plate. Whether you follow a paleo diet or not, this book is guaranteed to rock your taste buds!
on March 25, 2014
This book has an amazing variety of fun recipes inside, from slow cooker chocolate chicken mole to crab, papaya and cucumber salad. Your inner Paleo food will do a happy dance when you buy this book!
VINE VOICEon July 30, 2014
I am thrilled with Arsy's new cookbook. Long a reader of her Rubies & Radishes blog and a fellow Santa Cruz resident myself, I was anxious to try The Paleo Foodie. So now that I have this breathtakingly beautiful hard-cover book in my hands, what can I say about it? Quite a lot, it turns out.

Firstly, the book is a work of art with a gorgeous cover (featuring lamb chops, one of my favorites), quality binding and spectacular photos. Liz Wolfe (whose book Eat the Yolks I also own and have reviewed) wrote the foreword which begins: "Because of Arsy, I fell in love with cooking." I think this is one of the prime reasons to buy The Paleo Foodie, because Arsy not only makes cooking fun, she serves up truly exceptional recipes that burst with flavor and are easy to follow, no matter your cooking level of experience.

In an email from Arsy, she told me her Pepper and Carrot Puree (p. 164) was her favorite in the book. While the thought of making/eating a veggie puree didn't exactly crank my tractor, I was prepared to give this recipe a try. Whoa! Prepare to be amazed. The rich taste of organic red peppers and sweet paprika make this dish over-the-top supreme. Add a little grass-fed butter and a touch of balsamic vinegar and you're in culinary heaven.

How much do I like this dish? I've had the book 2 ½ weeks and today I'll be making Pepper and Carrot Puree for the fourth time!

I love that Arsy offers cooking tricks and tips in chapter one (Yes, all Paleo cookbooks have similar sections, but trust me, Arsy offers tips not found in other cookbooks such as why you'll get better results if you bring the meat to room temperature before cooking it). The part on setting up the work station is especially helpful in the "making cooking fun" process. The second chapter covers fats and oils­which to use and which to avoid.

On to the recipes! Six sections (chapters) cover Tasty Tidbits, Food Lover's fare, Simply Sensational Salads, Soups & Stews for Every Season, Delectable Side Dishes (where you'll find that amazing Pepper and Carrot Puree), and Sauces & Salsas from Scratch.

Arsy's Armenian heritage shows in her choice of several ethnic dishes. I've earmarked two to try: Persian Meatballs (p. 61) and the Osso Buco (p. 72) - with the grass-fed veal shanks I have awaiting in my freezer.

Before going Paleo, I loved Tabbouleh and was delighted to see a cauliflower version (p. 131) to replace the bulghur. In the Sauce section, you'll find a homemade Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce, an alternate to the canned version found in the supermarket. This is a sauce I use often, especially in a crema for tostadas (Paleo, of course).

In conclusion, The Paleo Foodie belongs on your cookbook shelf. More importantly, it belongs on your cookbook stand, opened to one of Arsy Vartanian's recipes that will make you fall in love with cooking all over again.
on March 25, 2014
This book is full of easy to follow recipes that are full of flavor. She includes tips like eating on a budget, keeping it local, and a “good-better-best” chart for sourcing meat. I personally tried the Sun-Dried Tomato and Fennel Braised Short Ribs and the Pepper Carrot Puree and I loved both dishes. The instructions did not full of a long list of ingredients and were good enough to serve for guests. My husband in particular loved the carrot dish. Highly recommend it!
on April 19, 2014
Looks like some good BASIC ideas, nothing revolutionary, but no links within, formatting on the Kindle is terrible. Paperback version is probably better
on March 25, 2014
I'm SO thrilled with my copy of The Paleo Foodie - it's the perfect book for those of us who like to host dinner parties! The recipes are gourmet without being complicated and there are plenty of recipes that you can make in advance. These dishes are also great for everyday meals - my husband has loved everything we've tried from the book so far!
on July 14, 2014
I was much happier with her first cookbook - the Paleo Slow Cooker. There are good recipes in this book but not as many that I feel that my family would be likely to eat as in her other cookbook.
on March 25, 2014
This cookbook is absolutely stunning. It's a hardcover, which I happen to LOVE. And the full glossy photos add a professional quality overall. I'd buy this cookbook alone for the Pancetta-Wrapped Figs with Walnuts recipe. Arsy seriously outdid herself!
on June 21, 2016
Seriously one of my favorite cook books! Amazing recipes, great info, beautiful pictures, detailed explanations and so much more. I first saw this cookbook at Barnes and nobles got to reading it and fell in love. The author of the book is quite a talent to say the least. She is able to make such amazing dishes and it's all paleo. I love knowing that whatever I made from this book it's going to be organic and natural and super healthy!

The cost of this cookbook is cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else. Not sure if you want to buy it go to Barnes and nobles and take a look. You won't wanna leave with out it.

I've made two recipes with my own twist to it and both were delightful. And my family loved it!