5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and simple recipes... great for busy people!
I bought this book for a dear friend who has gluten allergies. Naturally I wanted to check out the recipes for myself. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the recipes were very easy to make. In addition, many of the dishes can be made quickly which is important for a busy person like me.

Not only does the book give you some really great recipes, but the...
Published on January 20, 2012 by Bryan J. Bowers

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book!
This book has a lot of easy recipes. They look simple and fast to make. I can't wait to make some of these recipes. I hope they taste good.
Published on January 25, 2013 by happygrama

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and simple recipes... great for busy people!, January 20, 2012
Bryan J. Bowers (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Paleo Recipe Cookbook: 101 All Natural Gluten-Free Meals and Desserts (The Paleo Recipe Cookbooks) (Kindle Edition)

Not only does the book give you some really great recipes, but the author also gives you Paleo-based suggestions for side dishes to replace the traditional grain-based ones. My personal favorite is the Hot Beef Curry and can't wait to try out some of the desserts later this week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anyone with Gluten, Dairy or Grain Sensitivities Needs This Book, January 19, 2012
If you have gluten, dairy, grain, soy or other food sensitivities you will want to own this cookbook. It eliminates those products from your diet and provides excellent alternatives that are tasty and flavorful. You will also find these recipes don't include any refined sugar so if you are diabetic these recipes have no unnatural sugar content. Our son is very allergic to nuts so some of the recipes that call for nut-type flour wouldn't work for him but it is easy to substitute a regular white or whole wheat flour in these cases.

I found the recipes to be easy to follow and there are some really interesting food combinations in some of them. They are quite different from any other cookbook I've read and used and they could make a real difference in your life if you like easy, flavorful and unique. I highly recommend this cookbook.

Marg Ruttan
International Best Selling Cookbook Author

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Help for this Newbie, December 17, 2012
It is really hard to totally switch your diet! I have to have wheat free now. I can feel it in my joints and breathing when I have any wheat products. In my research I am pretty much sold on the Paleo Diet, but I just had no experience with it and am not a super cook in the first place. So I came across this cookbook, and it really inspired me to try harder. There are so many recipes to choose from for all meals (it is sectioned off into Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert). This book also helped me learn about new cooking ingredients. One really nice thing about this book is that before each recipe it will say a little something - whether it is other ways to modify, other ingredients to use or ways to reduce or increase the serving size. Again, a great help for me as I am just getting started with learning to cook like this.

But since I have always like baking, the second book on my list is one called 47+ Irresistible Recipes for Baking with Coconut Flour. This is the one bursting with basic baking info, and I highly recommend it too.

Overall, I have been doing well on my new diet - slipping only once in a while and I can tell immediately when I have eaten wheat. Coconut flour and milk are my new favorites, and since I don't have to worry about carbs I am good with that. It was weird being on the Paleo Diet for the first few weeks, but now it just seems normal. Please try it if you checking into it - give it a week and then see if you don't feel much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Good Looking Recipes, January 19, 2012
Sandy Bose (Chicago, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
The Paleo Diet sounded really restrictive but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the variety of recipes in the Paleo Recipe Cookbook. Paleo pancakes, Sweet Potato pancakes, Pecan Bread, Banana Donuts and the simple Mushroom Omelet all sounded good for breakfast. There are some yummy veggie lunches: Grilled Asparagus, Beet Salad, Spinach Tomato Salad, Hearty Tuna Salad. The dinner recipes have a nice mix of creative beef, chicken fish and vegetarian meals. All in all I liked the Paleo Recipe Cookbook very much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic recipes, January 21, 2012
Until now I had never heard of the paleo diet, I purchased this book because Im always keen to try more recipes
and I am so glad I did! I loved the fruit and coconut medley and the kids are in the kitchen cooking
the banana doughnuts right now... and I'm simply loving the smell thats coming from the kitchen!!
Overall its a really good selection of recipes and I will be trying out many more in the coming weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Easy and a Must-Have, February 10, 2012
If you have allergies to gluten, you know what it is like to look through recipes and say,"Oh well, I can't use that one because of my food allergies! " Here you have wonderful gluten-free recipes laid out on a platter for you! Easy, but delicious recipes that you can cook and eat without any worries. Very imaginative combinations too! You'll definitely enjoy this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodies For Paleo Eating, January 19, 2012
I am a vegetarian and I wasn't sure what to expect from the Paleo diet. I know it's very popular but I doubted I would like the recipes when I discovered that some of my favorite foods are not allowed: corn, potatoes, grains and legumes.

But not to worry because there are some great recipes in this book. For instance, I love zucchini bread and the first recipe in the book is for zucchini pancakes which I am certain to love. A lot of these recipes call for nut flours, since grains are not allowed. Nuts will make these pancakes taste richer than 'regular' pancakes made with wheat and other grain flours.

The cauliflower cream soup is very similar to one I make often so I know it's delicious. The only difference is that I usually add a bit of spicy mustard to my cauliflower soup.

The raisin vinaigrette is included in the dessert section but it sounds as though it would be great on those zucchini pancakes I'm looking forward to eating. The combination of sweet raisins with the spiciness of the other ingredients is unusual and if you are a raisin lover, this is a recipe to try.

And then we come to my favorite of the recipes: coconut ice! This is an alternative to ice cream and if you like coconut, you will love this recipe! This is certain to be a favorite treat when the weather is warm once again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loaded With Recipes, January 18, 2012
This book is loaded with a lot of great recipes that I haven't found in my other Paleo cookbooks. I'm pretty happy with the amount and diversity of recipes and the directions are easy to follow - in fact, many of the recipes have just 5 or 6 ingredients which makes them quick and easy to put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy and Delicious Recipes - Who Could Ask For More?, January 19, 2012
I'm a new 'convert' to the Paleo diet and am always looking out for new and flavorful recipes to add variety to my menus. I have struck gold with this book - it includes a huge amount of recipes for every meal of the day, as well as some sweet treats to satisfy any lingering sugar-cravings. The recipes are all simple to follow, and use readily available ingredients. If you want to eat healthy delicious meals (and who wouldn't?!!) then I highly recommend you get a copy of this book today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good when cooking for 1 or 2 instead of 6-8 people, July 30, 2012
Many recipe books that I have read have recipes written for large families/groups. The recipes will often serve 6 to 8 people, or more. The recipes in this book are written for only one or two people, but can easily be doubled or tripled for larger groups. Much better for those with small households!

Another point that I liked about this recipe book is that the spices/ingredients called for are used throughout the book, with many recipes calling for their use. This way, rather than being stuck with an oddball type of spice, or uncommon ingredient, you can use them again in a different recipe. That's appreciated by those of us with smaller kitchens or limited storage!

Overall, this book has a nice variety of recipes for each of the three meals, plus dessert. Great for those trying to eat Gluten-free! Recommended!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›