5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a busy Mom
Published on February 25, 2010 by Mother of twins

2.0 out of 5 stars Cooks fine, but heavy and difficult to hold on to
This product produces what PC promises -- it cooks quickly and keeps meats tender and juicy. BUT, it is heavy and the finish outside is slick, making it awkward to take in and out of the oven/microwave when hot. I own this, but seldom use it because of these reasons -- I simply have other, less expensive items that are much easier to use and just as effective.
Published 14 months ago by Michigan Mom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a busy Mom, February 25, 2010
Mother of twins (Dayton, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker for Oven and/or Microwave
We LOVE this item. Cook fast and makes my life as a stay at home mother and wife so much easier. Wish they would come out with a recipe book for it though, I would buy it! You can cook a whole chicken in 30 minutes. I cooked a 1 lb. pork loin in 12 minutes last night, it was SO yummy. Baked potato soup is great in it too. This deep covered baker helps keep moister in. I tried cooking a pork loin in the microwave a couple weeks ago in a standard corningware dish, it was so dry and tough. I then recieved this item and baked another pork loin and what a difference, and it took about half the time. So tender and moist. I think I'll get alot of use out of this, already have and only had it a week. Hope this was helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love it for microwave, November 26, 2011
I bought one of these deep covered bakers and made a whole chicken in the microwave in just 30 minutes and it was not rubbery at all. My grand son loves to cook at 16 years old. He has made a post roast in this and also some really yummy mac and cheese. Try this baker and you will never go back to cooking in the regular oven again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for One (or Two....), December 26, 2011
Terri (Calmar, IA United States) - See all my reviews
This is one of my favorite baking dishes since it's the ideal size for smaller meals. I'm usually just cooking for myself or maybe one other so it's great to do small pasta dishes or a small pork roast. And you really can cook a roast in the microwave in about 15-20 minutes (depending on size)!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pampered Chef Deep Covered baker, January 18, 2014
I bought one and baked about everything in this Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker from chicken to cheese cake! After I decided this baker was quite a good thing to have in the kitchen, I got one for my daughter so she can bake her own chicken and she loves it. I got one for my son in college and he actually bakes chicken in it as well and serves chicken on a stick! I got one for my mother-in-law. It is a bit heavy for her and the knob is a bit small to grasp according to my husband. This is true. However, pretty much what you put in the pot comes out edible! As for the cleaning, I do put it in the dishwasher and use Shaklee or 7th Generation dishwasher soap. It's a little streaked but I do not care for that greasy feel or little bits of food stuck to the product. I have used this baker for about five years. the small round baker does not cooki nearly as well as the PCDCB.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite item in my kitchen, December 29, 2011
Brenda (Griffith,IN) - See all my reviews
For a birthday party,I made the chocolate lava cake in the microwave in 12 minutes.It wasn't pretty(probably could have been prettier with some powdered sugar sprinkled over it),but everyone raved how good it tasted and they all want one now.This is definately a favorite of mine.Trying the baked potato soup recipe I found online soon I think,since that too can be prepared in the microwave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker, February 16, 2012
Love this baker ,you can cook just about anything you want in it .Clean up is a breeze as long as you spray with Pam before cooking With it.As far as buying through a Pampered Chef consultant you don't have the aggravation of them wanting you to have parties and calling constantly.Also the last price I saw on these at Pampered Chef was 84.99 + shipping There good but not hardly worth that price.As far as warranty goes only if you have a invoice # and such will Pampered Chef back the warranty ,if you have received it as a gift & have no invoice then the warranty is null.So buying these from someone other than a Pampered Chef Consultant is not a bad thing and usually less expensive

2.0 out of 5 stars Cooks fine, but heavy and difficult to hold on to, October 31, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this baker!!!, May 10, 2013
This bakes is wonderful. I can fix a whole meal in it on Sunday, turn the oven off and leave the baker in the oven. When I come home from church there is no need to reheat the meal. It keeps the food very warm for an extended period of time. I have 2 of these and love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars No Warranty Unless Bought Through Pampered Chef, December 27, 2009
Please remember that when you purchase a Pampered Chef item from anywhere OTHER THAN directly from a consultant, you end up with NO WARRANTY. So by buying this stone here on Amazon, you have no recourse if it breaks. If you purchase it through a Pampered Chef consultant, you get a 3 year warranty on it...not to mention you can get a BRAND NEW one with a warranty from your local Pampered Chef consultant for only $69

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick & easy dinner, December 13, 2013
Great addition to my kitchen . Cooks yummy means fast . Def a must for working women & easy clean up

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›