|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $12.99 (100%)
The Path to Freedom (Task Force 125) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
International espionage, terrorists and terrorism, the small arms trade, human trafficking and drug trafficking have always intrigued her. This could explain why she was a military cop in the U.S. Air Force who spoke French, Russian and Spanish, traveled the world as a U.N. Peacekeeper, was trained as a Hostage Negotiator by the FBI, and worked with MI-5 on personal security details.
You'll find many of these interests and experiences (including tequila) in the Task Force 125 series, stories of espionage and paramilitary operations centered around the character of Sarah Stevens who is recruited into the CIA's Special Activities Division.
And for her next adventure...
Top Customer Reviews
Vince served for many years as a U.S. Marine before taking up a position as an agent for the CIA. He takes his duty and the wellbeing of his fellow agents very seriously and is very disheartened by the recent death of one of his operatives. There's no doubt that they need another female to replace the one they lost but finding another `swallow' for another Honey Pot mission is going to be a difficult task.
Sarah doesn't know very many details about the `fat camp' she's attending besides that it's free and could possibly help reestablish her self esteem - something she'd lost during her time in the military. Everything about the camp is extremely secretive but she thrives on the exercises and the sense of purpose she feels at just making it through each day. As long as she's successfully losing weight and abiding by the camp's rules she'll be allowed to stay but she questions why this program is free - there has to be some sort of catch, right?
As the pounds drop off and Sarah's self confidence grows she's moved up the steps of the weight loss program and discovers that there's far more to this program than she ever would have imagined.Read more ›
There are too many discrepancies. How can people who's lives depend on their level of fitness and stamina smoke like chimneys and drink (alcohol) like fish? The sex is glossed over while the violence is described in detail. Why do we as a society find excitement in a gun shot or knife stabbing yet cower from the sight of a butt or female breast?
I won't be looking for the other books in this series.
I love the fact that this book takes the reader into a world beyond what happens with people who live their lives as spies. I like that the adventures of the careful preparation of these spies and the line crossing into worlds of some very dangerous people to blend in with them and muzzle their efforts of corruption. These efforts range from being Religious to personal financial gain that leads to espionage. This book pricks your concern about where we would be if those on our side and what's being reported from our enemies here in our country.
There was not much I can say that I didn't like about this book except that I am not an avid love story reader and the love that develops between Sarah and Vince was nice. I am sure that in their situation it is hard to be devoid of feelings. I did wish that they could have entertained their feeling sooner, maybe it could have help them handle their predicament a lot better or maybe not!
1. The path to freedom is paved with hot people. We should all feel safe and secure because they are protecting our freedom by virtue of their hotness.
2. Losing extreme amounts of weight makes you hot. It also cures you of any and all self esteem issues you may have had prior to achieving your hotness.
3. Hot people want for nothing. They don't have to engage in the social niceties that non-hot people must endure. They don't have to wait in lines or pay their own way. The world owes them things because they grace the world with their sexiness.
4. Hot people can smoke cigarettes and drink copious amounts of tequila and still maintain their hotness. They are so lucky!
5. Sleeping with a terrorist can be fun if the terrorist is hot and you haven't been laid in a while.
6. Las Vegas loves hot people! If you're hot, you can call the front desk and ask for a dress to be delivered. They will sense your hotness over the phone and deliver a Versace dress!
7. Men will give you money as long as you let them orbit within the sphere of your hotness. Let's refer to that as your Hotmosphere.
8. No amount of money on earth could entice me to read the other installments in this series.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the first "romance novel" I have ever read (and hopefully the last). When browsing through the Amazon book store at 2AM one night I couldn't sleep I came across... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Cycist
The short of how awesome this book (and whole series) is . . . Life is too short to re-read books that don't make your heart pound a little harder, and I've read all the books in... Read morePublished 19 days ago by Lindsey Rainwater
I did not expect to enjoy a covert storyline; however this one sucked me up fast and kept me glued to the wits of team members backing each other up. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Sherry Jones
I actually really enjoyed this book so much so that about 1/3 of the way into this book I decided to buy all of the 4 of the task force books.... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Tawren
This book was really good. The story line and characters were well developed; I found myself really caring about the 'good guys' and being totally disgusted with the 'bad guys'. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Lizzie
My first opinion of this book was that it was starting off a little bit slow. But I hung in there for a few chapters and then my interest was stimulated and quickly I couldn’t put... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Don Pruitt
Spook storyline escapism with a strong female role model made this read most enjoyable! I'm looking forward to the next in the series.Published 12 months ago by Joanna S.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Books > Romance > Action & Adventure
- Books > Romance > Military
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense