5.0 out of 5 stars Full of insights about the Self, Love, and relationships
Published on February 24, 2003 by IAF_67

2.0 out of 5 stars All puff, no substance.
I was truly looking forward to Chopra's latest book,THE PATH to LOVE. Unfortunately, my expectations were squelched when I got to yet another dead end discussion on love. Chopra puts the problem out there, but offers no guidance on solving it. He distracts his readers with goofy quizzes, and then leaves you yearning for a solution to your predicament. I was disappointed...
Published on March 31, 1997

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of insights about the Self, Love, and relationships, February 24, 2003
This review is from: The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing (Paperback)
Being unfamiliar with the writings of Deepak Chopra when I first got this book, I didn't think, judging by the size of it, that it would take me that long to read, or that I would have any trouble understanding some of the concepts that were presented to me. Boy, was I wrong. This book is so full of knowledge that you will have to read it a couple of times to get the full understanding of what the author is saying. Not that this is by any means a bad thing. I have been reading the Conversations with God series on and off for about five years now, and every time I read it I learn something new. It is quite similiar with this book. Like anything, though, you have to approach it with an open mind, otherwise the overall message of the book will be lost. Still, it provides many unique insights into what love actually is, how to attain bliss within a relationship, and several meditations that will help you achieve what the author is talking about at the present time. For instance, when talking about how the ego influences needs within a relationship, a meditation will be presented to you whose purpose is to try to chip away at the ego.
Again, this book is full of information, and will probably keep you busy for a while. Learning these concepts takes a while, but once you get them, you will most likely see a change in your life, relationships, and viewpoint of what love actually is. I know I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deepak instills a sense of compassion we should all have., June 7, 1999
xian@wpco.com (Chicago, Illinois) - See all my reviews
Any book written onthe subject of human spirituality and compassion, that can get the message accross easily to the average reader, is a great book. This book takes you by the hand, and guides you through the process of learning how to appreciate yourself as well as others. I have reread this book more than twice and have referred it to other friends. Deepak gives you a sense of compassion we all should strive to attain. This book brings a smile to my face..........

4.0 out of 5 stars Like a breath of fresh air......., February 26, 1999
By A Customer
I am 25 years old, and I had a 6 year relationship come to an abrupt end 2 years ago. I was devasted and overwhelmed with emotions. My self-esteem was at an all time low and I was questioning my every move, right and wrong, during my relationship to try and figure out what was wrong with me. A very close family friend, whom I truly admire, had shared some very intimate times in her life when she was my age. She gave me Deepak Chopra: The Path to Love and told me that whenever she feels she needs a boost of self-confidence, or just something to soothe her soul and get her life back into perspective she reads his book. So did I. I was glued to it from the first page. I would spend summer afternoons in the park, alone and read for hours. I found "myself" with this book. I reminded me how important "I" was and how much devotion I deserve to give myself. Two years later, I have turned my life around, my priorites have changed completely, but most important I am living a life of happiness and tranquility....as a single woman.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent reading on a forgotten importaant subject : LOVE, November 4, 1998
This book brings back the forgotten ingredient in everybody life : LOVE for himself (self esteem) to be able to truly love the other persons (wife) and the rest of the human race. In chapter 4 (the attachment problem= surrender) : it explain HOW to avoid addictive love ; thus rendering us more in control of our lives; in other words, how to achieve non-attachment or de-tachment from our love ones, to be able to achieve real and NORMAL love for them, by letting yourself go : physically, mentally and emotionally. This book also mentions similar topics to what the world famous pshychologist Anthony de Mello mentions : you have to learn to KNOW yourself, nobody can do it for you , you have to take the necessary TIME, patience and perseverance to be able to know yourself better, and he also mention that when you are SAD, depress or angry , that is not the real you , and Chopra also recommends the same things as A. de Mello : don't confuse your EGO with you, we must tell ourselves that that is not our real I, but our ego acting for us, and that we must keep repeating , that these feeling will go away soon : the feelings of sadness, depression or anger; thus, this is a difficult but excellent book to read , it must be read at leat twice to be able to grasp the real meaning, and it must be read with a quiet and humble frame of reference , without pre-potence, without thinking that we know it all, to be able to understand the underlying meaning of the oriental philosophy that has many thousands of year of excellent wisdom. Dr, Chopra also talks of emotional black holes and how they drain our emotional energy and how to avoid falling into them by understanding the fear behind them, this book must be read with patience and understanding and it must be re-read at your earliest convenience, because good things in life takes time, labor and perseverance to adquire. good luck and happines and see you at the top

5.0 out of 5 stars A GIFT FOR FANS OF CHOPRA, March 14, 2000
By A Customer
While Deepak Chopra is usually too "New Age" for my taste, I am immediately impressed by both his compassion and his wisdom. In The Path to Love, Chopra helps us to deepen our most intimate love relationships with the gifts of the spirit. Drawing on the wisdom of the ancient Vedic texts of India and employing stories of "love gone wrong," Chopra illuminates the seven stages of love and then gives us specific exercises to help overcome the obstacles to love in our own lives. Not really my cup of tea, but definitely a five star book for those who enjoy Chopra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and Revelational, November 3, 1999
Chopra takes you on a journey into the heart and soul of human existence. He shares how we are each motivated by love to create the world we are born into each moment. In so doing, we are reminded in THE PATH TO LOVE that living the life of our highest aspirations requires a surrendering of our whole self into unconditional love. -- Samuel Oliver, author of, WHAT THE DYING TEACH US: LESSONS ON LIVING.

5.0 out of 5 stars The East-West path to Love, May 22, 2002
Harusami "Harusami" (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
A wonderfully healing book combining Western psychological insight and Eastern spiritual wisdom to unlock and unblock the heart and overcome the mental and emotional obstacles to manifesting soulful, spiritually loving relationships and sustained passionate romance that can last a lifetime.
Good exercises and step-by-step guidance to discovering and unblocking your true feelings and looking within your own heart and soul to find your "Path to Love".
~Harusami

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must read twice book, January 4, 1999
By A Customer
Deepak Chopra book A Path to Love is a must read for lovers and individuals who are committed to spiritual growth and love. I could not put the book down once I started reading it. The exercises are insightful in helping to connect to one's spirit. I have recommended The Path to Love to all my family and friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Holistic View of Love, October 11, 2009
Deepak Chopra approaches relationshipa and love in this book in a way that only he can. Combining physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual elements, Chopra explores why we love, what love is, and how we can love each other. The book explores and discusses both romantic and spiritual love - and while the emphasis is on a "traditional" male-female relationship - the book transcends that emphasis into love of self and love of God. A combination of philosophy, stories and practical exercies, meditations and self-questioning sessions make the book interactive and add depth to the reading experience. The flow is a little disjointed, and it does move a little slowly at times as Chopra introduces a smorgasbord of literary and scriptural references into the narrative. However, it is worth the time and you will certainly gain new perspectives on yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Journey to Discover Unconditional Love, December 17, 2007
"Loving another person is not separate from loving God. One is a single wave, the other is the ocean." ~ Deepak Chopra

In "The Path to Love," Deepak Chopra blends modern day wisdom with ancient insight and myths. This is a reflective study of love's many stages (from romantic love to spiritual love) and as Deepak reveals the many nuances he also explains the spiritual goal of life. This book uncovers the reasons love is healing while anger and hate can be fatal.

There are quite a few case studies and the book is structured around stories of people struggling with everything from marital issues to questions about reality itself. Deepak acts as a psychologist who is solving issues one after the other. His clients have breakthroughs and each conversation reveals something new.

"Love and spirit are forming a connection every time you meditate on the heart, starting with the first time." ~ Deepak Chopra

For the most part this book reads like a comforting conversation with a trusted friend. There are instructions for a heart meditation. Then, a few questionnaires are included for your enlightenment. While this is not technically a workbook, it could be said that the contents of the book will change you as you answer the questions and discover hidden secrets about yourself.

~The Rebecca Review

The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing
The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing by Deepak Chopra (Paperback - January 12, 1998)
$15.00 $10.58
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies