Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Elizabeth Cook Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 13, 2012
An oddly original take on the feelings and reactions that will long remain to the events on September 11th. "Bones" begins by reading a book written by the basketball coach, Phil Jackson, and decides his principles of play could apply to her team of interns in researching the back log of unknown remains. Predictably, they all start out competitive to one another until one case emotionally grabs one team member. The connections to the September 11th crash at the Pentagon sherlocks its way through a myriad of clues all the while prickling the fresh feelings for that day.

Sometimes, 9/11 is used dramatically in a hackneyed way, to elicit emotion or a sense of gravity. Not the case with this episode: the slow walk to realizing the identity of these remains and the whys of their condition alternately confuses, angers, saddens and depresses the team now determined to find out who the person belonging to the bones is. The results are stunning and tragic and genuine.

I commend "Bones" for this episode, presented so close to Veterans Day, for acknowledging the tragedy and grief associated with this unforgettable day, September 11th. A beautifully crafted episode worth the elicited good cry.
on November 13, 2012
I have always enjoyed Bones. This has to be my favorite episode. It solicited many emotions about 9/11 and was beautifully and exquisitely portrayed. As a former Marine - Semper Fi - Always faithful. No man left behind. That which was lost was found. Everyone did a great job in this episode.
on May 14, 2013
I really enjoy the show and the dynamic between the main characters, but Pelant and his superhero untouchable antics are getting old. Also some of the things that happened this year I think seem out of character for some. I hope the next season is better, and while this season was good, i was frustrated at some times by the writing and character direction
on April 5, 2013
I've enjoyed previous seasons of Bones more than this current season, although it's still a very good show. I definitely prefer watching it week-by-week on Amazon Instant over waiting for it to show up on the network's website or on Netflix.
on November 20, 2012
This show is one of the best Bones has produced, but I have to complain that I bought this video for my library and it came with commercials for the channel that airs it. What??? I shouldn't have to watch commercials on videos I bought. That is so incredibly LOW. This is my last purchase for a wonderful show on a terrible channel. It starts AND ends with commercials. If you can figure out a way to strip them out, please share.
on December 16, 2014
This season takes a while to get rolling. There are a lot of problems to overcome from the last season, and its a transition between the old and new show.

It has some amazing moments, but they are fewer and farther between than some of the older seasons. If you are a huge fan then it is a no brainer that you'll watch this season, just keep in mind that it will get a lot better.
on November 17, 2012
My local channel went down the night this was aired. SO I had to buy this episode off instant video. This was the best 9/11 episode that I have yet seen from a normal tv series and that is saying alot. The cast was excellent as you would expect too. This time they had all of the interesting helpers that doctor brennan uses at hand. These are the rotating cast members that often appear in various episodes. Here they work together and the results are very good. (one of the rotating members was killed off a few seasons ago though). Bones chemistry between it's two leads has evolved and the show contiues to deliver on top scripts and flat out well done episodes. But this was one of the show's finest hours by far. The 9/11 storyline was both touching and poignant and the relationship between the formally pure intellectual Brennan and the heroic Booth character is welcome. Brennan has evolved through her interaction from her 'family' on this show from a cold distant analytical person to a more rounded person. Of course she was like that because of her terrible upbringing to be sure. (and her giant intellect only increased this situation). Even if you have never seen a
episode of this show this powerful one about sacrifice and rememberence will affect you. As one character says in this episode:'9/11 traumatized everyone that day" and we often forget that.
on January 23, 2013
This was an excellent episode. I love the use of Pelant and think he makes a great adversary for the Jeffersonian team. I can't wait to see him in future episodes and how they finally catch and get rid of him. This episode his close to home and you could really see how Hodgins was affected by it. The way that he had to make a choice between being bankrupt or saving those girls lives (of course he would choose life over money) shows what is really important in life.
on November 13, 2012
This episode of Bones is moving on multiple levels and a wonderful tribute to Veteran's Day and 9/11. I appreciate the writers of Bones for a thoughtful script and the actors for great acting. Bringing all the interns together and focusing on unity/teamwork was a nice evolution of the lab workplace as well.

My only complaint about this episode (the first that I purchased from Season 8) was the ads at the beginning and end of the show. Perhaps I am being overly critical, but it is annoying to pay 2.99 for an episode with ads--even though brief (15 seconds at the beginning and 1.5 minutes at the end). For me, the point of purchasing television episodes through Amazon is to avoid ads/commercials. I will likely not purchase as many episodes this season because of these additions.
on March 24, 2014
I've followed the story of Temperance and Booth ever since the beginning and I am charmed, beguiled and in love with all the ensemble characters. I also really appreciate the way they've all been allowed to adapt and develop. It keeps the story fresh and original. I know it can get a little silly and unabashedly romantic sometimes, but the scientific appearance and jargon, the excellent writing and the interaction between the personable charm of Booth and the beautiful remoteness of Bones balances it all out, for me, anyway.