Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Peace Book
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 21, 2004
I found "The Peace Book" one day when I was just looking around the bookstore, not really planning on buying anything. The cover is bright and colorful and since my children and I had read some of Todd Parr's other books I had to pick it up to see what he had written this time. I loved it so much that I bought multiple copies- one for myself, one for a relative and one for my son's Kindergarten teacher. It is a lovely book... Simple, colorful pictures, and simple, but touching and meaningful words. The idea of peace, especially in a time when our country is at war, can be hard to explain to children and I found the things that Mr. Parr writes about to be a beautiful way to express what peace can be. My personal favorite is the page for "Peace is being free", but each line and the pictures that go with them are just wonderful. This is the kind of book that you hope kids can take something from, and I highly recomend it.
on November 24, 2004
I stumbled across this book at the library. I checked it out and I am telling my friends about it for their own children and grandchildren. This conveys the variety of different expressions of concerns about peace and justice. The concepts are presented in ways that children can understand: "peace is sharing a meal" "peace is keeping the streets clean." These are the moral values I value. The writing and illustrations are fun.
on April 9, 2006
Quiet and subtle, The Peace book doesn't have a hidden agenda. It has a message of love and tolerance and how easy it is to make a small difference in a big world.

I bought ten copies and all ten are going to adult friends.
on September 4, 2015
The Peace Book is one of several books for young children by Todd Parr on important topics. It is colorful and provides many good ideas to help young children understand the idea of peace at a level they can relate it. Parents and pre-school teachers can use it to read to children and help them gain an appreciation of books and an understanding of the larger world around them.
on April 14, 2016
Bought this book as gift for my daugher's preschool class as it is exactly the kind of message that young kids should hear. The kids love the bright and colorful illustrations and can connect with the simple concepts of "peace."
on April 25, 2016
Anything that teaches children about peace, kindness and tolerance, especially across different cultures, is a winner in my book (pun intended!). My 4 and 6 year old daughters love this book, but we love all of Mr. Parr's work!
on November 28, 2015
This is a great book. It is very good for kids. Easy for them to understand what peace is. I have read this to many many kids when I teach. I highly recommend this book. The message and illistrations are wonderful. Good for k-2.
on August 24, 2006
This is a beautiful book. Not only is the sentiment lovley, the pictures are bright and bold, and appealing to little kids of all ages. We began reading it to our daughter when she was just a few months old, and she enjoyed the illustrations and the soothing text. Our three year old loves it as well, and we have wonderful discussions about what "peace" means to different people. I have given it to coutless friends as a baby gift, and everybody has raved about it! Really, you can't go wrong here - just order it.
on June 13, 2013
This is one of my all time favorite books. With the anniversary of the Peace Sign a couple of years ago, all the kids have peace signs on their clothes, backpacks, etc everyday. I love to take this book out and explain what those peace signs really mean. Todd Parr has answered that question in a universal way that brings the true meaning of peace to life for people of any age. I have had so many parents listen intently and be amazed, thinking the peace sign had only to do with war, not realizing that everyday actions can create a more peaceful world. Kids are amazed that everyone doesn't have access to pizza, or a home, or other basics that are readily available to all Americans. Worth every penny and more, this is a favorite read over and over and over.
on May 9, 2014
Todd Parr is a wonderful anti bias author who writes about self acceptance and acceptance of all people. He teaches love and empowerment. Todd's books are illustrated clearly, brightly and his flare for art enhances every page!