Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$0.99

on July 3, 2011
If you are looking for a book to read over a lunch break, this is a MUST! I read this book in about an hour. It is a great read. It is amazing how this talented author can get so much story into so few pages. From the first line, you are thrown into the story and completely engulfed by it! The book was so well written, I could envision myself in the bank with the characters. Just when you think you know where the story is going,.......TWIST! This is the second book from a great author. If you haven't read his first book- Chop Suey- go get it now! I look forward to more great reading from this author!
on June 27, 2011
This was a really fun, quick, lunchtime read. Because it was so short, there were no wasted words. The story got started right away, and just kept going! It starts with a bank robbery, but this is not a story about bank robbers, let me tell you! I am not even going to try to describe the story because I do not want to give away any of the wonderful "Aha!" moments, where the story takes a radical turn and becomes a totally different, even more enjoyable story. You may think this would be too abrupt in a short story, but fear not! It is done in a way that just carries you along with it, like you are on a river with a very strong current, and the best thing you can do is relax and enjoy the ride!

Quick thought: I have heard mention that some people are offended by some of the language used in this story, but really, we're talking about bank robbers here, people! What kind of language do you think they are going to use when they are trying to show people how tough they are? I did not find the cursing extraneous in any way, and even thought that in reality, there probably would have been a lot more of it!

Quick summary: A very enjoyable short story. I highly recommend you take the time to read it when you have a little chunk of time free.
VINE VOICEon April 11, 2012
Some reviewers have been critical of this story because of excessive violence and profanity but I think both were consistent with the plot and realistic to a hostage situation. That being said, I was disappointed on a few fronts. The style for me was reminiscent of that from a creative writing class. The premise was a good one for a short story but there was effectively no character development at all. Nor did the author elicit empathy or frankly any emotion for any of the characters. And I was greatly disappointed in the ending. Very weak. A caveat: this is a very short story and can be read in minutes. Following the story were previews of more of the author's works. Because of its brevity this story really should have been sold as part of an anthology. If the real purpose of putting out a short story is to expose the reader to other works, then be up front about that and don't charge for the short story. After reading this one I felt no compulsion to read the excerpts. Had I downloaded a free story knowing the author was using it to promote other works I'd at least have felt obligated to read the previews.
on July 6, 2011
i really enjoyed reading the perfect plan, it's another great thriller from the author. i read it while i waited for a doctor's appointment, and it was a heart-racing fun read, from the very first page. very much looking forward to more from ty hutchison!

I received an complimentary copy of the book from the author to review.
on February 18, 2012
The Perfect Plan will take you around twenty minutes to read. Make sure you've got lunch already in front of you as you won't be walking away from the story once you've begun. I had never heard of Ty Hutchinson before coming across this amongst the free/cheap Kindle downloads, but I've already ordered his first novel Chop Suey. If he can write novels even half as well as he does this short story, well I just can't wait to find out. This is a short story of a guy and a girl simply known as the robber and the babe, who think they'll just waltz into a bank, draw their guns and leave a minute or so later with around $30 000. Things start to go wrong straight away, there's hardly any money in the cash drawers, the safe is locked down until after the long weekend and one of the tellers has pressed the silent alarm. They are now in a highly stressful situation which is about to get a whole lot worse. One of the hostages has a unique plan to add to their stress and ensure their own survival.

This is a very well written short story. You could feel the stress coming off the bank robbers as well as the hostages by their language, false bravadory, infighting and just the way the tension of the bank floor is described. Most bank robbery stories are pretty similar but I don't think I'll ever come across a bank robbery tale with this idea ever again.
on November 13, 2012
Short story with and interresting twist. I would not recommend to read it over lunch to anyone, thouhg. Its a bit too violent and bloody for that. I personaly will not be reading more from this author. It was a bit too much for me. I am actualy glad it was short.
on July 30, 2012
I enjoyed this short story, though shorts aren't usually my cup of tea. The twist in the plot made me not sure if I should laugh or feel sorry for the bank robber.i chose the latter. Will definitely look for more by this author.
on September 21, 2011
Blade and the Babe have the perfect plan to rob a bank but everything possible goes wrong.

This is a short story and I cannot give any more details as it would be a spoiler, but it is a really good short story. In such a short time, the author manages to put in this unbelievable twist. For only 99 cents on the Kindle it was definitely worth the price. You can also read it in about 10 minutes. Great short story!
on October 9, 2011
Although I couldn't read an entire novel with the feel of this short piece, it worked for something of this length. I read it in about ten minutes in a hospital waiting room, so it was a good time-filler.

There was "bad language," as other reviewers have noted, but it was completely in character and I wouldn't expect the characters to have spoken any differently.

The story was really pretty violent -- it would have been too much if the book were longer and had the same proportion of violence in it, but it wasn't overwhelming (for me) in this short piece, and the violence was mixed with some black humor that kept it from being too gruesome.

I didn't really like any of the characters, but they were interesting, and again, for a short piece like this, it was enough for me to find the characters interesting. I didn't need to like them to keep reading.

I can't say I felt sorry for the bank robber who, well, can't say without adding a spoiler, but in a sense, he was a victim, too -- but not one you could feel very sorry for, even if he was pathetic.

The ending, which tied everything up, was both a nice twist and nicely ironic. The story closed with a bit of a chill.

I can't say I loved "The Perfect Plan," but it was well-written and very neatly done in very few pages. (Shorter than I'd thought it would be, actually, from reading the reviews here.)
on March 5, 2012
Based on the other high reviews I began to wonder if I was really reading the same book as everyone else. I get the author is trying to throw a good, original twist into the book, but it just didn't work for me. Maybe I just missed what everyone else seemed to get out of the book or I'm not familiar with his particular style. Maybe I'm the only one left frestrated by this. I don't like to be mean, but the best thing about this book was that it was short & at the time I got it this was free. Didn't have to waste my money just some of my time & not much at that. I would have expected this to come from a freshmen in high school. I won't spoil it with details from the story, but it just doesn't seem very logical to me. Although I will admit the whole basic idea, the foundation of the story did have potential & with a few changes it would have been good.