Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 30, 2014
Maybe my expectations of this book was too high. I got this book because I enjoyed the book, 'In With the Old' by another author and this book seemed like it would be in the same format/subject matter. Rather than photos this book has illustrations that shoes images of what the author is talking about. I was really on the fence about whether or not to return this book. If you want a better book (In my opinion) then get, 'In With the Old'
on March 22, 2016
This book is so adorable and cool. Even if you never read a single of its helpful design tips (which I sometimes forget to do as I flip through its beautifully detailed pages) the water color renderings are so amazing! I am an interior design student and they are so inspiring and motivating to work on my watercolor skills. S'cute
on April 18, 2015
The watercolor sketches are lovely to look at. However, details/information about the valuable design concepts discussed in the book could be more effectively communicated with photos showing specific details or drawings/plans. Guess I was expecting a more thorough discussion of these design concepts. Overall, I enjoyed reading it.
on January 6, 2012
This book is absolutely gorgeous! Deborah Needleman's The Perfectly Imperfect Home is filled with stunning watercolor illustrations on every page, as well as practical tips that are easy to read and also accessible to people who don't design for a living. My favorite feature has to be the quotes from famous designers that are sprinkled througout the book. Some of them are laugh-out-loud hilarious!

Some of the comments have complained that they would prefer 'real pictures' of interiors rather than watercolor interpretations. I think the watercolors make the book rather than detract from it, but either way, there is an index at the end of the book of all the illustrations which gives the reader information about who designed the original room/textile/piece of furniture. If one wanted to do so, it would be quite easy to find the original photograph.

The Perfectly Imperfect Home is without a doubt the best interior design book I bought in 2011, and I buy a LOT of books. This book is a must have. Enjoy!
on November 30, 2015
I bought this book a few years ago on sale at Anthropologie and just picked it up again for inspiration last night as I'm still trying to settle in to the house we bought a year ago and make it feel like a home. I love love this book even more then I did when I bought it. It has great ideas you can put into action immediately just using what you already have in your house. I was moving things around last night and getting ideas and I'm already happier and more excited about my home! I noticed that some in some of the negative reviews were that this book wasn't specific enough, but I personally like that it's more about ideas then specifics because it lets me imagine, personalize and chose. I like shopping all over the place - TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Estate Sales, Online Auctions, Garage Sales, Pottery Barn, Anthro, etc. - so it's fun for me to explore and I like that it's more open and creative then exact. Also I don't have a big budget or a big house and always look for quality deals and I think the ideas can be tailored to anyone's situation. It inspires you to loosen up your home, make it charming, inviting, personal and practical. I love this book! Thank you Deborah Needleman!
on February 11, 2013
Deborah Needleman's excellent advice and observations pair beautifully with the watercolor illustrations used in lieu of photographs throughout the book. The watercolors convey the ideas she's presenting without holding your imagination hostage to the specific features of a room in a photograph, and each is rendered to demonstrate the exact point Needleman is making in each section. Aside from being helpful, they're beautiful. Deborah Needleman has a strong voice and definite opinions, and you definitely come away with a clear sense of her aesthetic, which I love, but the book is generally applicable to various decorating styles.
on June 1, 2014
be perfectly imperfect home book has helped me learn to become a better decorator. It has also educated me into the facets of our Life. I am learning more about how people decorate their homes in comparison with what's in this book it's definitely an asset.
on September 24, 2012
I saw this book on Martha Stewart and was intrigued and I'm so glad I purchased it. I was unable to put the book down. How can a book on design be so captivating? This one is. The watercolor images are lovely and the tips are straightforward without feeling binding. She encourages you to find your own sense of style, while still imparting design 'secrets' on the reader. I found it to be an excellent & entertaining read and would recommend it to anyone! It it no way feels like an advertisement (of style type or brands), unlike other books of this nature.
on June 11, 2012
I have bought a dozen or so decorating books and never sat down and read any. They look great on the coffee table and the pictures are nice but this is a cover to cover type book and I have read it more than once. It really made me walk around my house and look at things differently and my husband will say I have always driven him crazy with the need for perfection and precision when I decorate. So many times now he will ask me what would "my book" say when I want to buy another pillow for the bed or walk around straightening lamp shades. Your home should be where you live your life and be a reflection of the family in it. This book has really influenced my perspective.
on April 24, 2014
At first I was disappointed because there were no photographs, but upon closer look, I came to appreciate the illustrations as well as Deborah Needleman's text and excellent ideas for decorating your home. This book is on my coffee table.