To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
The Phantom The Complete Series: The Charlton Years Volume 3 Hardcover – July 22, 2014
All-New, All-Different Marvel Digital Comics
It's a new day for the Marvel Universe, featuring all-new series, new storylines, and new comics every week. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Pat Boyette who worked almost exclusively for the small publisher Charlton Comics. Charlton had probably the worst quality printing and reproduction in the entire comic industry in 1960's and 1970's. During this era DC, Marvel, Harvey and Archie all had all their comics published by the same plant in Sparta,Illinois. Charlton Comics were all published in house by Charlton. In fact Chatton started their comic line just so that they would have some thing else to print on their press when their magazines were not being published. Even as a kid I knew their was something "funky" about their comics. Colors were always printed out of the lines and off key. The paper itself was rough and uneven and looked like it was trimmed with an ax.
To say the Hermes Press books are an upgrade is a vast understatement. The reproduction and restoration are excellent and Pat Boyette's art finally gets the treatment it deserves.
This is volume #3 of the Charlton run of The Phantom, but is also volume #5 out of #7 of the complete The Phantom silver age comics that Hermes Press is printing. It reprints The Phantom #48 through #56 and The Pat Boyete covers for each. The small non-Phantom stories and text pages are not included. The art is 100% Pat Boyette.
The Phantom #48 features one 19 page story. Starting with #49 all The Phantom's had three 7 page stories each.Read more ›
Jul 30, 2014:
Now that the Book is published, here are the Publication facts for the book:
1. The books was first advertised on Amazon as early as March 2013. The publication date at that time was Jun 2013.
2. The book didn't get published in Jun 2013. After past the publication date, Amazon SW started showing "in 2 to 4 months" delivery status which changed to "out of stock" after 3 months.
3. There was no update (either from Amazon or from the publisher) for until about 2 months after I wrote the review.
4. The new publication date was updated to Jun 2014.
5. It was published in June 2014, although a little late.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good quality book and very pleased with my purchase. If you are a Phantom fan, this is a must have book.Published 4 months ago by Draugadrotin