Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 17, 2012
Just received the book and it's perfect. The colors are bright, the reconstruction is fantastic as with Hermes' Phantom Gold Key and Charlton books. I've been reading and collecting these comics for forty years and it's great to finally have them packaged in one book. I can't believe the review criticizing the printing as sloppy. I note this reviewer also felt that printing on the Phantom Gold Key Volume One was also not up to par, but I'd note he's the only one. Maybe he should look at the original comic books. This reprint feels like a comic book, it has the same tones and colors as the originals (I compared them to this reprint), everything's, just, well perfect in this book. If you love The Phantom, and the 1960s versions of these stories, this book is a must have.
on September 18, 2012
I have several of the King Phantom comic books and almost didn't buy this book because of the drab artwork in the original comics. WOW!!!!, this book is gorgeous, and NO color bleeding as one reviewer claims (must have gotten a bad copy). Beautiful restoration much better than the original comics and printed on quality paper. At the amamzon price with free shipping, this is a real buy!
on November 22, 2012
Great collection that expands on the newspaper comic strip without departing from the spirit and style of Lee Falk's original character.

Great stories in beautiful full color prints, including the adventures of the Girl Phantom, Julie Walker. She was the sister of the 16th Phantom, another occurrence of twins in the Phantom Lineage prior to Kit and Heloise, the children of the 21st Phantom. Julie gets more than just a passing mention, she has at least three adventures in King's cycle.

The stories published under King's authority are entertaining and fun, a great read for Phantom Phans and those new to the storyline.
on August 14, 2013
As the third generation fan of The Ghost Who Walks, the only issue I faced while reading the Phantom comics as a kid was to keep it away from my dad and grandpa. :-) The stories are timeless and the artwork is excellent! Having grown up reading the Indrajal comics re-print of the King Years, this edition that collects a lot of the stories in a nice hardbound edition is most welcome in my collection.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2012
I liked it but the too bright colouring makes you lose the essence of a comic book. Would have prefered to have it printed in exactly the same colours as the real comics were.
on December 24, 2013
I bought this for my 83 year old father who likes reading comics before going to bed.
It was read by my 20 yea old nephew first who highly recommended the collection in 1 book.
on August 3, 2014
If you are into the Phantom, I can't recommend this book enough. To me, it brings back some great memories of adventure. Yes, it might have a flaw or two but not to me.
on March 17, 2013
Got this book for my wife who loves old movies and comic strips. She loved the book. What more can I say?
on October 5, 2015
Good quality book and very pleased with my purchase. If you are a Phantom fan, this is a must have book.
on August 16, 2014
Fast delivery and my elderly father was delighted with the book.