Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 7, 2013
If this is your first introduction to The Piano Guys, this is not a review of the album per se, but a brief explanation letting you know that the review has been broken up into the individual songs. First of all, almost every Piano Guys song has a music video with it. This Deluxe Edition of the album has a DVD with all the music videos for the songs on the album. (Author's note: The DVD does NOT contain the video for 'Berlin'. The video must not have been finished when the album went out to stores...) If you are interested in any of the songs on this or their first album, go to their Youtube channel and check out the videos. If you like them, come back and buy the album. I have written a review for almost all The Piano Guys' songs, so click on my user name (http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1BIBNY8ID4MWE/ref=cm_pdp_rev_all?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview) or search for the song you're looking for and read the reviews. (Every song on this album has been reviewed).
These guys are awesome people, song writers, performers, etc...
They're awesome. Their music is awesome. Their videos are awesome. Buy the album. You won't be disappointed. :-)
22 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2013
To fully grasp what this artful music means to me I believe first requires a little background. I was born with a wonderful gift, the ability to play piano at the ripe age of 3. I went thru various phases from childhood thru my 20's, the likes of Elton John, Billy Joel, Journey, country music, and always with a base of music such as Arthur's Theme, Hill Street Blues, St Elmos Fire Love Theme, etc. I had gone quite a while without inspiration when in my late 20's or early 30's, I discovered David Benoit, whose style I learned to mimic quite well and whose music kept me delighted for years to come. Alas, not much of a creationist myself and more than tired of playing the same songs over and over again, and keeping busy with work and family, I lost my inspiration. For a guy who played professionally for a few years but for most of my life played for hours every single day just for pure enjoyment, lost inspiration was a travesty of epic proportion.

Recently, I finally plopped down in front of the computer and started searching, and searching, listening to all kinds of clips, trying everything I could to find an artist to re-inspire me once again, to no avail, nothing struck the proverbial chord. Then, I got this email inviting me to register to win tickets to see The Piano Guys, and naturally, that title got my attention. So, I quickly found their website and was instantly breathless - finally, I had found for what I'd been looking for far too long!! Beautiful, artful melody, unique and wonderful interpretations of familiar songs, incredibly wonderful strings including my favorites, the cello and violin, blended beautifully with precisely my own style of piano playing. Yipppeee!!! And the videos on their website only make the music that much better! I bought these MP3 albums (both 1 & 2) so I could listen in the car, and everywhere I've gone since discovering this music only days ago, you can bet this stuff is cranked all the way!
on May 7, 2013
I have loved the music of the Piano Guys for years now, and this has some of their greatest songs. The DVD allows you to not only listen, but see the fun, the passion, the drive they put into their music. I put the DVD in for me to watch, and the rest of the family gathered to enjoy as well. If you are debating on getting this... buy it! It's great!
on May 7, 2013
If you have never heard of the Piano Guys I highly recommend them. They are truly talented and you can sense how passionate they are about their music in each of their songs. You will not regret buying this album.
on May 9, 2013
Another chapter in the journey of this wonderful group. They continue to make beautiful music to past and current pieces and some of there own. If you are buying this you must have already bought there first album, so there is no need to explain any further about the Piano Guys. If this is your first purchase I suggest you get there first album.... then repeat !
on July 11, 2013
This Group is amazing in their skills to play. The music puts you in a cheerful and peaceful mood. I am not as crazy about this album as I am the first (choice of songs) but I still enjoy the music.
on May 8, 2013
This is a compilation of their YouTube stuff. I love it; I listen to it lots of times. Support them, because they're very talented.
on May 9, 2013
The Piano Guys never fail to amaze me with their talent and the gift of their arranger and fellow "guys"
on September 27, 2014
This follow-up to the original album "The Piano Guys" is just as fun and creative as their original album. Despite its title, it is actually a piano and cello duo, and includes various other instrumentalists as well (as well as their use of the piano and cello as "percussion" instruments!). Among among the fun pieces, is their rock take on Pachelbel's Canon in D (appropriately titled "Rockelbel's Canon"), the "Mission Impossible Theme" and "Me and My Cello" (their take on "Happy Together"). Some of their other upbeat numbers are "Berlin," "Waterfall" and "A Charlie Brown Medley," which pays homage to the music of the late Vince Guaraldi. Then, they do slower, more contemplative takes on "The Lord of the Rings," "Just the Way You Are" and "Twinkle Medley." They do a very reverent -- albeit very different -- all-strings take on "Nearer My God to Thee" (although it was almost too "different" for my tastes)!

All that being said, this is a most enjoyable album and one I would highly recommend!
on May 14, 2013
I am a music lover, but have to admit I haven't taken the time to seek out this type of music before. The vast majority of the music I listen to are popular songs by popular artists. I have often been moved by music, but always because I can relate to the lyrics. Listening to The Piano Guys is the first time I have had a powerful emotional reaction to the music alone. Ever since I discovered these amazing musicians, their music has occupied the majority of my playlists. I could fill the page with superlatives and it wouldn't begin to quantify the quality and emotion The Piano Guys put into their music.

Be sure to check out their videos on youtube to get a better understanding of the passion they put into their music.