Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Pigeon Loves Things That Go!
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Board book|Change

on June 3, 2005
My young son and I are huge pigeon fans, having loved the first two books. When I saw that Willems was releasing two new pigeon books, I was very excited and ordered them immediately. Perhaps if I had waited, I would have seen that these are "board books," i.e. only a few "pages" long. My son enjoyed "reading" the "things that go" (a bus, train, airplane and...hot dog?), and laughed at the appearance of the little duck in connection to the last item, but it was very short and forgettable. I guess it's a cute enough book, but know that it is just a "smigeon of pigeon," not a full book.
on September 17, 2005
Very clever, short book with a smart punchline and great little drawings. It may not be the full 'pigeon' experience, but my six month old adores it! and we like reading it to him too - it's easy to put lots of expression into it. It's a board book - it's meant to be short!
on July 24, 2013
First a personal confession: I love, love, LOVE the pigeon in Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!. So much so that when I was decorating the baby's room in advance of the baby, I worked a little pigeon into all the paintings. Almost three years later, and I still find it amusing. So when I saw that there was a pigeon board book, of course, I just had to buy it.

And I did. Second confession: I don't LOVE this pigeon as much, but I still like it. And what's more, my toddler boy seems to prefer it to the original, at least right now. He loves the vehicles and thinks the pigeon is silly. So, considering that the Smidgeon of Pigeon series is not written for me, but is, in fact, written for toddlers, this book and the others are definitely a great investment if you are buying books for toddlers.
on November 9, 2014
Did not realize this was a board book I guess I did not rad the details correctly. Seven year old says" I am not a baby why did you get a board book?" I had no answer. Love the story though.
on December 3, 2015
I bought these for my granddaughter. I was told about these books by my sister, who read the whole series to her girls, and they loved them. My granddaughter is loving them too, and I am loving getting to read them to her!
on April 24, 2015
I send these books to my great grandson. He loves the books and has his parents read them to him. He is now able to read them back to his Mom. I love the series. Bought them for grandchildren that are now 7 and 10. The story concept is unique, kids really enjoy this bossy Pigeon. This is the 4th Pigeon book I have sent.
on November 3, 2015
Every pigeon book is a delight. These books are a hit even with children as young as 1 year old. My grandson has been quoting them for months and while he is brilliant, it was even forward for him at that age.
on February 8, 2015
My grandchildren are ALL about the pigeon!! Love these books! Be aware that this book is a board book and not just a hardcover book. I thought I was ordering a normal hardcover book but was disappointed that it was a board book. I gave it three stars for the pigeon (wish I could have given more) but took off two stars because the seller would not let me return this book without paying shipping fees. The listing stated "hardcover" but not board book so I didn't get what I thought I was ordering. Instead of paying shipping to return it I decided to give the board books to my littlest grandson on his first bd instead.
on November 23, 2015
I like the pigeon books for older kids, and there's a taste of that in this baby book but it's probably best to just wait until they grow into the bigger kid books. This book is just a tiny bite of book.
My daughter is 9 now, but she still loves these pigeon books. I read them in funny voices that I have made up for the characters. I accidentally purchased the board book instead of the regular book. Be sure and order the correct one for you.