Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Pilot and the Little Prince: The Life of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 29, 2014
Only the remarkable Peter Sis could write about Antoine de Saint-Exupery with the same gentle touch as the pilot himself. The book's beauty is indescribable. Page after page, we accompany Antoine on his life's journey. When the page is turned, the blood of the Germans' assault on France is doused by the blue of the ocean and the glow of the moon. From the whimsy of Manhattan's alligator pose to the glistening rise of an image of THE LITTLE PRINCE on the following pages--I catch my breath with its beauty.
Beyond that, it's a great true story of a pilot with a dream. Sis has taken us as close to the "glittering planet next to the stars" as we can go in this life. (Lift the book jacket to discover the embossed airplane. This sort of detail is rarely found in contemporary books.)
on July 5, 2014
As a pilot and one who has read Saint-Exupery's work, I thought it would be great for may 6 year old granddaughter. I was wrong
and then noted that the format was perhaps confusing for her. Her older sister of 10, strong reader was not very impressed either.
Perhaps I was not able to match the age grouping. At 74, I thought it was OK but then again, as a pilot perhaps I could understand
the interesting and intense feelings of the subject. JP
on August 26, 2014
Gorgeous book, and wonderful stories. My 6 year old wants to be a pilot and this book was so much fun for him to read. What an adventurous life Saint-Exupery lived! The illustrations and text are written in fun and beautiful ways. It was like reading a dream. Really beautiful book, would also be a great gift for a child.
on April 30, 2016
This is a biography of St-Exupery told with references to the Little Prince. I loved it because it tells of this author's life and career in a concise and easy-to-understand way. My students enjoyed it immensely as did I.
on May 14, 2015
This is a beautifully illustrated story of a fascinating man--Antoine St. Exupery. For those of us who have loved THE LITTLE PRINCE or his other books, discovered at any age as the wonders they are, this is engrossing as well as attractive reading.
on August 1, 2014
This book with its intricate artwork and historically accurate details will engage adult or advanced readers and fascinate beginning or non-readers.
on July 27, 2014
Gorgeous. Bought with The Little Prince and read back to back. Illustrations are enlightening in themselves, even more than the text. Totally enjoyable and whimsical art.
on November 17, 2014
An intelligent book that arouses curiosity and engages the reader in a bit of geography and history. The book regards France and flying airplanes as they developed.
on July 27, 2014
This artist / writer is one of the finest. I recommend this and all his books. My son loved this book and is always waiting for the next Peter Sis booko
on July 13, 2014
Loved this book for the unique artwork and the incredible man the book depicts, the Little Prince incarnated. I'd recommend it to all children And Adults wishing to be the explorers of their life.