Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Pirate Fairy
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$2.99

VINE VOICEon March 30, 2014
Oh, how excited my children and I were learn that The Pirate Fairy movie would be releasing to Disney Blu-ray/DVD & digital copy on the 1st of April! This movie is the fifth in the DisneyFairies collection and I'm most certain with such a overwhelmingly loved response from fans both young and old, it won't be the last. This movie we found to be non-stop full of action and fun songs from those fancifully fun fairy friends. The story obviously centers highly on pirates and most of the adventure takes part on the high seas! I thought the imagery looked very good!

**Spoiler Alert **

My nearly six year old daughter really liked everything about the movie and has watched it many times. I will have to say it was quite a treat to learn all about dust keeper fairy Zarina and what choices made turned her to becoming a pirate fairy. And if you remember, pirates aren't really thought highly upon in the world of Tinkerbell. In fact, this spunky fairy gets tangled up with a pirate we will all come to learn it Captain Hook himself! Tinkerbell and her friends set off on a mission to set things right and oh what an adventure that was! The tick-tock-croc even makes an appearance! Speaking of which, there's a whole bonus feature about crocodiles that we found to be quite educational as it was fun! Even I learned a thing or two! Other bonuses included a few shorts, sing-a-long songs, and more!

We would highly recommend checking The Fairy Pirate out! Any lover of Tinker Bell and the Disney Fairy movies are sure to be pleased. The run-time is about 90 minutes and there's much more playtime with all the included bonus features! Kids will learn about the importance of friendship, never giving up, self-discovery, & forgiveness. Overall, we can't say enough good things!
Spoilers below.

In just 24 hours, my family has watched this through 3 times already! Cute story, great new character: Zarina, a Dust Keeper fairy who is curious about the mysteries of Pixie Dust, and does some experimenting with unexpected consequences. When Zarina makes a mess of one of her experiments, Fairy Gary relieves her of her Dust Keeping duties -- permanently. Zarina leaves Pixie Hollow. We later find out that she joins up with Pirates when she returns to Pixie Hollow to steal the BLUE pixie dust!

The story that follows about Zarina's fall from grace and her rise again is full of suspense, drama, and humor. Tinkerbell and her friends get a taste of each others' talents, and we're introduced to the pirate first mate James, who will some day become Captain James T. Hook. We also see how baby Tick-Tock Crock is born and comes to swallow a ticking clock.

If you watch the credits, you even see Mr. Smee!

This was an exciting edition to the Disney Fairies series. My girls are 5 and 7 and just love these movies. Peter Pan has always been my own favorite Disney movie and story from childhood, so it's really exciting to see some introductions to Pan's story. I've been wondering when Disney would get to the story of how Tinkerbell comes to be Peter's companion. It's on the horizon, but I do hope this series will last several more movies. So much more to tell! There is a brief preview of another Tinkerbell story at the beginning of the Bluray disc, but merely says 'coming soon.' With the time gap between the last few fairy movies, I'll take that 'soon' with a grain of salt.

It's hard to choose our favorite Tinkerbell movie, they're all so good! This one is fantastic and already a family favorite.
on May 15, 2014
I loved the earlier Tinker Bell movie with Michael Sheen as the beleaguered dad who doesn't understand his daughter's creativity because he's forgotten his own childhood. Then he remembers.....

"Pirate Fairy" on the other hand is meh. Jolly fairies on an assembly line, with bad fairy/rebellious Zarina experimenting with a new mixture of pixie dust and.....well, a little of that "jolly fairies on an assembly line" goes a long way. Tom Hiddleston under-used as a young Captain Hook. His cartoon face really not suggesting very much except dorkiness and a desperate effort to be a jolly young pirate.
on May 1, 2014
My daughter and I love all the other Tinkerbell movies, so I was excited about this one.

But the plot was shallow and just wasn't as interesting. The animation was still pretty and the soundtrack was Okay, but for adults this one doesn't have re-watch value like the other ones. Which in our house is a big problem!

I wish there was more focus on the fairies and their relationships rather than the pirates.

The new fairy messes up and gets fired from being a Dust fairy. Then she disappears for a year. (Let's forget for a second that Tinkerbell screws up all the time, and never got fired from her Tink position) But what, her friends didn't go looking for her? Then they act like they wanted her back all along? The message seems to be 'don't give up on your friends' but they gave up on her first.
on April 2, 2014
Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy is a new Disney DVD addition to the Disney Fairies franchise and features the voice talents of Mae Whitman, Christina Hendricks, Tom Hiddleson(Thor: The Dark World), Raven, Lucy Liu, Megan Hilty, Angela Bartys, Pamela Aldon, Kevin Michael Richardson, and Anjelica Huston. In this latest adventure, Zarina(Hendricks), an inventive and curious dust keeper fairy has always been fascinated by pixie dust, so she creates many uses for the dust. But her actions causes problems with the other dust keepers and run off on her own, only to join a band of vicious pirates and made Zarina their captain. And at the Pixie Hollow seasons festival, Zarina and her crew returns to steal the blue pixie dust and when Tinker Bell and her friends tries to stop her, Zarina uses her custom-made pixie dust to switch talents with Tink, Vidia, Fawn, Rosetta, Silvermist, and Iridessa. Now tink and her friends in their new powers must find Zarina and convince her to change her ways and must fight back against the pirates that betray her and now under their new captain, a cabin boy named James(Hiddleson), who happens to become Captain Hook! The special features includes two very funny Disney Fairies shorts and sneak peeks of other Disney favourites like Sleeping Beauty, and the upcoming Disney summertime hit Maleficent, starring Angelina Jolie. The Pirate Fairy is the perfect Disney Fairies DVD for fans of Tinker Bell and Zarina, the Pirate Fairy!
on May 9, 2014
We and our 4-year-old really liked this movie. The Zarina character is interesting, and encourages curiosity and exploration. As a parent of daughters, all of these Tinker Bell movies are valuable because of the primary roles of females. This movie is funny at times and has plenty of action, with a running theme of forgiveness.

A bit of caution, however. We love the other four Tinker Bell movies because of the almost total lack of violence. This movie breaks from that a bit. Throughout the second half of the movie, there are several scenes where pirates are trying to catch fairies using swords and knives. No character is a real victim of violence, per se, but if there were degrees within the G rating, this one would be closer to PG than the first four films. Still, it was not an issue for my 4-year-old. She loved it.
on April 23, 2014
When my 3 year-old daughter requested we watch a tinkerbell movie on Netflix, I was less than ecstatic. I thought, Tinkerbell??? You don't want to watch ANYTHING else? Nope, she wanted tinkerbell, so we watched the first movie in the series. I was pleasantly surprised that it was not bad at all. Sure, it's not Harry Potter or Star Wars, but it was a good little story and my daughter was happy (and that's all that matters, right?).

Well, when this one came out, we pre-ordered it and dropped $20 bucks on it for her since she loves Tinkerbell so much. I've seen 3 of the tinkerbell movies with her, and this one was by far the best! The colors and scenery are beautiful (I especially loved the little festival at the beginning of the movie). The story was fantastic as well. My favorite part is seeing a younger Hook and baby Tick-Tock from Peter Pan... loved how the story tied into Peter pan!

I should note that even after the tenth re-watch of "Tinkerbell Arrrrrrr!" (this is what my daughter calls it), I still find that I'm enjoying myself while watching it.
on June 5, 2014
What can I say, the kids love it. The quality of the video is good.

They have watched it oh... 100 times at least. Lately it seems like they are dwindling to twice a day. Very good value given the cost per watch ratio.

So from an external perspective what the kids seem to like:
- The characters are consistent and fun for young children.
- The songs are catchy and they sing them when not watching it.
- There are pirates, and after they found Jake and the Neverland Pirates, that is darn near their very favorite thing.

And of course the good guys win...
on June 10, 2014
My girls enjoy all of the Tinkerbell movies and I'm happy we discovered them. They're not low-quality movies, but movie-screen worthy. We are now a part of that group that eagerly awaits new Tinkerbell movies and pre-orders them. The highest compliment to these movies is that my husband even enjoys watching them with "his girls".

As for this movie in particular, we weren't disappointed. It's another great one! I love that this story line includes creative learning that leads to discovery, consequences and eventually a happy ending. And PIRATES! My girls are thrilled. Now when's the next one coming out?
on April 2, 2014
We bought this one for our 5 year old grand daughter, but I think I enjoyed it more than she did!
Great story line --- I don't want to put any spoilers in this review, but I was wonderfully surprised as the story developed to find some of my favorite Disney characters from the past showing up!