Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 4, 2002
This "Greatest Hits" CD is unlike any of the others that are out by the Pointer Sisters and there are many. This CD gathers all of their biggest hits for Planet/RCA (1978-1985 on this disc). There are only 13 tracks because 8 of the 13 are extended remixes. The remixed tracks are: "Jump (For My Love)" 6:24, "Neutron Dance" 5:33, "Dare Me" 6:18, "Automatic" 6:06, "I'm So Excited" 5:41, "I Need You" 5:50, "If You Wanna Get Back Your Lady" 6:07, "Freedom" 6:18, and "Baby Come And Get It" 7:15. Plus their pre-dance hits such as "Slow Hand" and "Fire" Note: "Freedom" and "I Need You" are more like mid-tempo ballads than dance mixes. The material presented here is overall great. The disc only clocks in to 71 minutes though. I wish that since there was room for one more track that RCA could've included the extended remix of "Goldmine" 6:20, from 1986. My guess for the reason behind only putting 13 tracks for only 71 minutes worth is because in the late 80s' CDs could only fit a total 74 minutes worth of music like some of the CD-Rs that are out. Also note: if you get the cassette you'll only get 10 of the 13 tracks.
on February 28, 2004
It's a great CD for your collection is you want the full version of songs like "Automatic", "Jump for My Love", and "Dare Me". That's the benefit of this compilation.
The shortcoming is that this collection leaves out several of the Pointer Sisters hits, like "Goldmine", and earlier hits like "Yes We Can Can" and "Could I Be Dreamin'". Those songs appear on "Best of the Pointer Sisters (RCA Box)" and "The Very Best of the Pointer Sisters: Fire".
on June 17, 2005
A great Starter CD for the hits of the Pointer Sisters planet/rca recordings - some of which are the extended dance mixes. For the true Pointer fan, There are a couple of CD compilations that feature all of the planet /rca hits and all of the blue thumb recordings.
on October 4, 2008
This is a terrific album song wise; but I have noticed some spotty sound issues in the recording as one of the reviewers has already cited. However, having said that, I love the songs and the remixes.

Jump starts out the album; the Pointer Sisters won a Grammy for this rendition in 1985; here we have a few extended remixes which include the following: Jump, Neutron Dance, Dare Me, Automatic, I'm So Excited, If You Want to Get Back Your Lady and Baby Come and Get It. The entire album is 71 minutes. The other songs are Fire, He's So Shy, Slow Hand, I Need You, Freedom and American Music.

By the time the Pointer Sisters had made this album they had come a long way from the West Oakland Church of God where their father was a preacher. Bonnie and June were the original Pointer Sisters and both left the group and made solo albums in the late 70s and 80s. Bonnie left in 1977 and June finally in 2001. Anita and Ruth are still alive as is Ruth's daughter Issa who later joined the group.

This album would be a walk down memory lane for many.

Bentley/2008
66 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2015
Ain't nobody can do it like the Pointer Sisters. Have loved them since they came on the scene in the 70's. This one is especially good for working out and just moving around the house. It is my cleaning music.
on April 19, 2015
If you happened to not have experienced music during this era, you probably wouldn't have appreciated their style of music that much because there was so much music to listed to back then. After seeing them on T.V, I changed my mind cause these ladies sure know how dance with high heels. Very powerful, ladies.
on April 4, 2013
I'm a huge fan of the Pointer Sisters.I remember them as a child with hits like Yes We Can,Can.I remember them having a 40s doo wop girl group sound in the beginning.I remember them most in the 1980s.They were so great.Even Bounce did a commercial with the hit Jump as a jingle.I loved them especially then. I bought this cd in my late twenties because a lot of their greatest hits are on here from the 1980s.I like American Music,Jump,I'm So Excited,and two of my favorite Neutron Dance(from The Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack.remember the video),and Automatic.This cd was released in 1989.It is getting hard to find it anywhere.I lost my other copy.I was happy to see it on Amazon at such a great low price.I ordered this cd on Tuesday(April 2),I received it today(two days later)I wasn't expecting to receive it so soon.It was in great condition.The seller even sent a very nice note.I will definitely buy from them again.If you love the Pointer Sisters,The 1980s supstars that they became,this is a great cd to get.It showcases many of those great song of that era.I highly recommend it.
on August 6, 2011
I ordered this and the largerer Very Best of album. I know I am a bit hard of hearing, but I do expect the vocals to be of sufficient volumn that I can at least hear that the artists are actually singing.

The recordings of the majority of tracts in these albums has the vocals so low I could hardly hear their voices. And, when I did finally hear them it sounded like the mikes were in another room.

Having said that, when I pumped up the volumn and could make out the songs it wasn't to bad. It seems that all the Pointer Sisters biggest hits are there.

I just wish these albumns were of better technical quality.
on December 9, 2013
I prefer buying CDs that are "Greatest Hits" or "Best of" by an artist or group. That way I am usually getting more than one popular song on an album. I love the songs on this album that are peppy and upbeat -- great for a walking pace. This was a great album to add to my music library.
on October 6, 2012
Purchased this CD because I love this artist. The clarity of voice, the instruments, the music, absolutely "LOVE" it. The price was reasonable, the product arrived on time, I am very pleased with the purchase. It seems only Amazon specializes with the 'older artists', and the availability of finding thier product online. Very satisfied with my purchase, and I highly recommend it to others.