5.0 out of 5 stars Great Advice on Campaigning
Published on September 22, 2008 by Campaign Gal

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book but
It is a very dated book now and the skills in it are outdated because the political scene has changed so drastically.
Published 3 months ago by Luellen Hoffman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Advice on Campaigning, September 22, 2008
This review is from: The Political Campaign Desk Reference: A Guide for Campaign Managers and Candidates Running for Elected Office (Paperback)
I have worked on or volunteered for several campaigns and thought I knew a lot about grassroots campaigning. I have to say this book taught me so much more and in such a practical way. It is very easy to read and has so much helpful information. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is running for office themselves and their campaign staff. I particularly found the section on fund raising helpful as that was my area of weakness. Worth every penny!The Political Campaign Desk Reference: A G for Campaign Managers and Candidates Running for Elected Office

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to win an election, buy this book, December 8, 2008
This book is a great tool even for those who have previous campaign experience.

Mike McNamara lives, eats and breath political campaigns. He knows how they are won, and just as important, he knows how they are lost.

McNamara will walk candidates and campaign managers through every aspect of planning and executing a political campaign - he covers the ins and outs of everything from the obvious (yard signs) to the not so obvious (dealing with candidate's family members) - from technical issues (computer network security) to major financial considerations (TV ad budgets).

This book is a comprehensive guide that, if followed, will give your campaign a shot at success on election day.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT REFERENCE!, September 29, 2008
I have worked in all types of races from local to federal and the material presented here is a MUST READ for anyone considering getting involved in the political process, especially candidates.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Smart, Filled with good info., April 14, 2010
Great book, I have worked on lots of campaigns and this is a great book for beginners and pros alike. I bought it as a gift but started reading it on the plane and had to finish. A great primer for someone who wants to know more about running for office or someone who just wants a quick reference or second opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can only buy one book....BUY THIS ONE!, April 16, 2009
If you are like me and you are a campaign "junkie" then you probably own a huge collection of books on campaigns and strategies and ideas. Most of these books I have read once and put them on my shelf...to collect dust! All of us know that the best campaign advice comes from those who "do", and the author of this book obviously is a "doer"!! The most valuable campaign tips and advice comes from the trenches and I believe that Michael McNamara has been in those trenches, so BUY THIS BOOK!! I promise you......it won't collect dust!

5.0 out of 5 stars good comprehensive guide!, February 18, 2012
I wasn't expecting much for a book that's $3.99 on kindle, but it was absolutely phenomenal! I have highlighted at least 33% of the book and will be referring back to it frequently. The one thing I noticed missing, however, would be a chapter or section on how politicians and their campaigns can effectively utilize social media.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of basics, May 22, 2011
Carlos Avalos (Buenos Aires, Argentina) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a book that could deliver a detailed overview (an oxymoron?) but that's what I got!!!
Well written, well structured. At the time I bought it I was evaluating the chance of helping a candidate run for re-election. Things did'nt work out because of agenda problems, but McNamara's book gave me a conceptual framework that would have been crucial for the task.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great handbook, November 26, 2010
L. Atkins (Eureka, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Everything you need to know about running a campaign (well almost). Will save the novice a lot of mistakes and wasted time. Local campaigns often don't have professional campaign staff, this handbook can bring those volunteer staffers up to speed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived in good condition., April 7, 2014
A very helpeful guide that arrived in good condition. I have referenced it several times for critical concerns and questions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book but, March 27, 2014

$16.95 $16.10
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies