|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
* Outsourcing (why it's good for Americans) and zoning restrictions (why they're not)
* Why central planning has never worked and never will
* How prices operate in a free market (and why socialist schemes like rent control always backfire)
* How labor unions actually hurt workers more than they help them
* Why increasing the minimum wage is always a bad idea
* Why the free market is the best guard against racism
* How capitalism will save the environment--and why Communist countries were the most polluted on earth
* Raising taxes: why it is never "responsible"
* Why no genuine advocate for the downtrodden could endorse the dehumanizing Welfare State
* The single biggest myth underlying the public's support for government regulation of business
* Antitrust suits: usually filed by firms that lose in free competition
* How tariffs and other restrictions "protect" privileged workers but make other Americans poorer
* The IMF and World Bank: why they don't help poor countries
* Plus: Are you a capitalist pig? Take the quiz and find out! Breezy, witty, but always clear, precise, and elegantly reasoned, The Politically Incorrect Guide(tm) to Capitalism is a solid and entertaining guide to free market economics. With his twelve-step plan for understanding the free market, Murphy shows why conservatives should resist attempts to socialize America and fight spiritedly for the free market.
Not for Marxists or worshippers of Zinn but if you want to have other explanations for why the economy works and doesn't work and the role of the government in the economy this... Read morePublished 20 days ago by Louis S. Menyhert
Totally biased treatment of the subject written by someone who isn't able to look at this subject objectively.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
this is an awesome book for those people who can see beyond the b.s. economics shoved down our throats by our media and educational systems, both of which are completely in bed... Read morePublished 5 months ago by KarlosGue
Just received this book in the mail. After just reading a few chapters it becomes quite obvious that this book is no more than capitalism apologetics via theory... not practice. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Chris Willett
Excellent overview of the capitalism/socialism argument. Has lot of good points one can use in a disagreement. Read morePublished 8 months ago by H. O. Olney
Thomas Sowell does a better job of explaining things. Looking for an explanation of why Keynesian economics does not workPublished 13 months ago by colliefan
I wanted to understand Capitalism. I have read the P.I.G.'s guide to Socialism and wanted to have a understanding of both sides of argument.Published 18 months ago by BravoBilly
I bought the audiobook version of this. This is an excellent overview of capitalism. Murphy is spot on with this. Read morePublished 19 months ago by T.J.
The whole series is great and more information that most would get in school, both High school and college. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Blaine