Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Photo gallery
- Behind-the-scenes interviews
Top Customer Reviews
The movie starts with your typical SCREAM beginning: girl chats on phone whilst making dinner, gets a spooky call, runs outside, finds her boyfriend dead, and then dies herself. To make matters worse, the killer looks like a reject from Saturday Night Live's "Sprockets" ("now is the time on Sprockets WHERE WE KILL!"). Cue the Dawson's Creek / Felicity soft rock, and we're going down hill within the first five minutes. From there, we follow our cast as they stage an illegal party at the local pool resort.
There are some relatively decent aspects as the movie is expertly filmed with good scenery (it is Europe after all) and some slight twists on expectations: instead of the opening fodder grabbing a knife, she attempts a shotgun, instead of one car playing [bad] music, an envoy of student vehicles engage in synchronizing [awfulness], and instead of using CDs, these supposed "rich kids" use cassettes.
Deaths are nothing too inventive, but two in particular "succeed" visually: the death of the poor girl, Kim (Isla Fisher), is held a bit longer than you'd expect, and the vent killing of Martin (Jason Liggett) is decently conveyed by blood running down his hands as its clenched by a helpful Sarah. The most inventive scene is spoiled before the movie even starts - "knife to water sliding female crotch" is the DVD's flipping menu intro, for God's sake.Read more ›
Somewhere along the way the characters become much less annoying and the way they are dispatched is definately some of the more original teen slasher deaths in memory. It does make too much use of the cutaway, meaning you get the idea but you don't usually get to see any actual body penetration.
The killer looks like a cross between the SCREAM ghost mask and the PUNISHER character from MARVEL comics.
This movie is actually fun but you have to wait a good 50 minutes before you actually begin to just give up.
1. The pool setting, Prague, and cinematography are all great! Even the acting is good. You can sit there and play identify the accent since it is difficult enough to tell the actors apart having no variety in outfits, hair color, or race to help us out.
2. They don't get killed unaware of what is going on, there is a struggle for survival that makes it all fun and exciting to watch.
3. You can spot the incongrueties with reality and ponder such questions as "Are there no umrella in the Czech Republic?", "How can he not climb into a vent 6 feet of the ground?", and so many more.
4. Some great death scenes worth seeing involving air vents, water slides, and bathroom stalls. Many tributes to classics such as Scream, Aliens, the Poseidon Adventure, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and so on. And it is not predictable, I challenge anyone to identify who will die in the movie before hand (and not 2 minutes before they bite it).
If they had someone rework the script for the clichés and incongrueties, this could have been a classic. Knowing what you are getting into before hand, this is still worth watching as an exciting slasher (they know they are trapped and in danger, unlike many slashers where only the lead ever figures it out and the rest get killed walking aimlessly around the house) or a game with friends in the evening as you explain why each scene makes no sense (it is not always blatant or easily spotted).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good movie! I was told that it was a B rated movie, if that is true it didn't change my opinion=) Thanks Amazon, couldn't find it anywhere else=)Published on November 4, 2013 by Annette Willis- Randle
uyg yug yyg u yu yu yg ug yyug yug y g yug yg yg u yyyg u yug
This video was so scratched it wouldnt even play in my dvd players I tried all 4 of them. I buy used videos all ther time and was very unhappy with the condition of this dvd. Read morePublished on September 2, 2012 by Ma-2
Just your typical slasher movie lots a good kills, not a bad story, acting was okay, lots of fun for a low budget movie. But i would recommend this to slasher movie fans. Read morePublished on February 28, 2010 by bigmanpac
Description: "School's out, exams are over, and it's time for real life to begin. But before 13 friends from the International High School in Prague disappear to the four corners... Read morePublished on October 19, 2009 by Mimi
I watched this movie at a sleepover and it's so scary! It's very good and I really recomend it to anyone who wants to watch a scary (and bloody) movie. Read morePublished on May 13, 2006
This is the typical B grade slasher pic that rips off Friday The 13th. It's basicly putting Jason Voorhees (A guy in a mask with a machette knife) into a situation where he can... Read morePublished on February 19, 2006 by Micheal Hunt
A not particularly original but still solid entry in the 'lurk, chase, and kill' section of horror, "The Pool" covers familiar territory but does it well. Read morePublished on January 5, 2006 by Stephen B. O'Blenis
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Lions Gate Home Entertainment > Top Sellers
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Lionsgate Home Entertainment > All Lionsgate Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Lionsgate Home Entertainment > Top Sellers