5.0 out of 5 stars A positive fable for positive results
Published on May 3, 2012 by Jaime Andrews

2.0 out of 5 stars too much
I don't regret reading it, just regret paying for it.
The way Jon Gordon uses the dogs as plot devices were a distractions to the ideas.
Published 4 months ago by Trent

5.0 out of 5 stars A positive fable for positive results, May 3, 2012
This review is from: The Positive Dog: A Story About the Power of Positivity (Hardcover)
Every once in a while a book comes along that synthesizes decades of psychological research, packaging it all into a handy story that teaches a valuable, life-enhancing lesson. The Positive Dog is such a book. When the author freely admits that many may feel the book is "not serious enough," his point is that he doesn't want you to miss the highly-applicable advice inside.

I don't know how many people take fables of talking dogs seriously. Probably more should -- for thousands of years, animal fables have been used to convey valuable wisdom. So the approach Gordon takes here has plenty of literary precedent.

One caveat: this is definitely a positive-thinking book. So it's not as much geared towards facing the most difficult issues in life. That's another kind of book, which questions our most deep-seated assumptions -- such as Carlson's I Walked to the Moon and Almost Everybody Waved: The Curiously Inspiring Adventures of a Free Spirit Who Changed Lives. This book is about changing your thoughts about the situation you are in. But any reader that begins with this expectation should be well pleased with this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, June 5, 2012
The book is interesting, pointing out stuff that everyone knows (or should know) but tend to forget about the righjt attitude. This is a good and gentle reminder to be postitive with a new look at how to do it. I would recomend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice for leading a positive life!, June 1, 2012
M Hall (Wauchula, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This latest book by Jon Gordon is a another quick, easy read with a message that the reader can take to heart. Through my worksite I was exposed to my first two books by Mr. Gordon- The Energy Bus and The Seed. I learned so much about myself and the part I play in my own happiness and the success of our organization, that I was eager to read on about the role of positivity in our success. Besides the easy read, the main characters in this story are "played" by dogs, the advice is put in language that is easy for most to understand. My favorite part came at the end after the story was over- Jon has included an 11 day plan for becoming more positive beginning with being thankful for what we have. I don't want to give away the rest of the plan, but if you are working towards leading a more positive life, this is a great book to read!

2.0 out of 5 stars too much, February 27, 2014
I don't regret reading it, just regret paying for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable read., April 30, 2012
According to Jon Gordon in The Positive Dog: A Story About the Power of Positivity we all have two dogs inside us. One is negative and barks angrily. The other is positive and is happy. Given all else is equal, guess which one gets adopted and taken home? Or, even more importantly, guess which one gets to stay home and not be taken to the pound.

I often wonder why I didn't think of this way of making a point. But, alas, I didn't.

The story involves two dogs. Matt, is the negative dog that is always barking and snapping. Bubba, the positive dog takes Matt into his confidence and shows him how to add positivity to his life.

We all know people who are negative. If you've ever worked in a group setting, you've seen the person who shoots down any idea that is proposed. That's a Matt and they're an impediment to progress.

This book is a must in the college classroom and group training sessions. It's a wonderful story, and best yet it's very short. You can read it in a few hours.

I highly recommend.

Peace to all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good points, weird story, February 26, 2014
Good points on being positive, however, the whole dog story seemed a little too children's book to me. Quick & easy read tho with good takeaways.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Positive Dog, May 28, 2012
Bradley Strand (MOORHEAD, MINNESOTA, US) - See all my reviews
This is a great book.. easy to read, fun to follow and hard to put down once I started it. This book will change your attitude and get you on the right track. A great book for anyone who deals with people.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick, refreshing read on the power of positivity!, April 28, 2012
My favorite books are the short, simple ones that effectively deliver great messages. This book does just that. It is a great read for individuals, families, and teams. Add this book to your leadership and personal growth collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014
Great book. A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something so obvious and simple…and workable!, July 8, 2014
I loved this book! At first, I wondered with I was actually getting it. However I found that after a few days, I was applying the suggestions made in the book with ease. Give it a read - you may feel better afterwords.

The Positive Dog: A Story About the Power of Positivity
The Positive Dog: A Story About the Power of Positivity by Jon Gordon (Hardcover - May 1, 2012)
$17.00 $12.86