Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Dream With Me forum

The Positive Vibe Jackie Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 119 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 18, 2011 3:25:06 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 3, 2011 6:40:34 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 6:17:35 AM PDT
Jackies "patented" double hand wave and smile. I think that is a true "original maneuver" on the stage? I do not ever remember seeing anyone else greet that way. It is absolutely endearing the way she does it, each and every time. Now she may grow out of it as she gets older, but Maybe NOT!!! It may be the new way to do things...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 6:38:24 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 3, 2011 6:40:41 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 6:50:00 AM PDT
here is another precious observation of Jackie Evancho performing. (This obviously depends on the audience in front of her)

Jackie has a way of absorbing the LOVE and affection that the audience thrusts her way naturally. This is by applause, standing ovations, calls for Encore, Bravo, Way to Go, etc... Jackie then takes in that love and Gives it right back out to the audience... another form of Love. That is why she is SO effective. That is why she is a performer above others at this time. She gives, then she receives, then she gives.... on one wants it to stop...they want time to stand still at that point and let it be never ending. THAT is the effect she has. I have seen her live 4 times and did not want the performance to end. Especially at the PBS Special concert shoot. Maybe a lot of the rapid change is due to that... she always wants to please the audience... and she does.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 6:53:50 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 3, 2011 6:40:46 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 6:56:59 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 3, 2011 6:40:52 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 7:04:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2011 7:06:00 AM PDT
Brian, As stated before, I will NOT comment on the audience other than what I already stated. Unfortunately, due to NO votes, most of my positive, relevant-to-Jackie posts have been hidden. That is sad, but I am not going to repeat myself due to childish behavior. I do not event think Lisa E. got to read them for her reference and such. See? Now you made me break the positive vibe. Shoot.
Brian... restart the Vibe.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 7:08:56 AM PDT
J. Korns says:
RR
I really wish you would reconsider. After all I did get hit on the head by your kayak while I was snorkeling in Sarasota!

(There was the old story of the two men who were in their boat fishing one chilly morning. They built a fire in the boat and the boat sank, thus proving you can't have your Kayak and heat it too!)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 7:09:17 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 3, 2011 6:41:03 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 7:10:45 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 3, 2011 6:41:24 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 7:12:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 3, 2011 6:41:31 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 7:20:47 AM PDT
@ BRian... better solution. Should 4 persons go and vote YES to those HIDDEN posts relevant to Jackie, whether I was talking about PBS, DFOZ or other relevant posts, they may become un-hidden for all to see. That would be easier for sure. Most were on the PBS Show topic thread, but some were elsewhere. One was the second post on the PERTINENT to Jackie Evancho General Dissussion thread. Sorry. I have things to do and am way behind due to all this defense. Sorry to make it work. I gotta go and rebuild my mom's Toyota engine.... tedious task.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 7:24:18 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 3, 2011 6:41:38 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 7:39:14 AM PDT
@BK Maher... some of the posts appear on the old O Holy Night forum with the PBS thread there... they may be hidden there as well, unfortunately ( vote yes, if you feel it is relevant and worthy of new comers to read. I am not into the voting, until NOW, due to the aspect mentioned)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 8:15:19 AM PDT
@RR - I sincerely hope that (the double hand wave) is something she never outgrows. I think it is uniquely Jackie. I really can see her at age 25 still doing it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 8:35:33 AM PDT
Jackie's behavior is appropriate for an 11-year-old. When she becomes an adult, she will naturally behave like an adult.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 8:40:01 AM PDT
J. Korns says:
Yes but it's the years between 13-16 when kids make the most drastic changes in search of their identity. I wouldn't suspect that Jackie would go off the the deep end, just minor stuff, (hopefully no Goth, otherwise it's a repertoire of the greatest hits of Rocky Horror Show- which she could pull off with aplomb)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 8:46:44 AM PDT
@rjs - yeah Richard you are absolutely right, wouldn't expect or want to see her act like an 11yr old when she becomes an adult. But maybe she can still do the wave, in an adult way :)

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 9:23:04 AM PDT
B. K, Love the title of your thread!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 6:27:12 PM PDT
@David N. and R Sotter
I can see her doing it when she is 80!!! (but I will not be around....) She may leave it for a while, but when you get older, you can act young again and no one cares... kinda cute actually !!! I love watching and talking with older people.
{{{W}}} {{{W}}}

@J Korns
Not ALL Goth is bad... some is angel based, not all demonic. I LOVE the Gothic art of angels and scenery as such of sadness, gloom.... There is beauty in it. A lot of goth music is the dichotomy between Dark and Light... Good and Evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 6:29:42 PM PDT
Hey, Charo still does her Hoochie Coochie dance coming on stage!!!!

I think a simple sig. wave COULD endure, should she feel it is loving and appreciated.(Which it REALLY is)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2011 3:31:24 AM PDT
L. Evancho says:
@BKM - I heard that there were people crying, but the crowd was tough - nobody gave her any ovations until the very end, but the crowd was made up of mostly volunteers at Ringling - some could barely stand on their own unassisted. DF actually had to hold one lady up so maybe that's why. IDK.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2011 3:35:38 AM PDT
L. Evancho says:
@J Korns re drastic changes in identity - she could go by the way of Night Wish or Tristania. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2011 3:36:22 AM PDT
L. Evancho says:
@DNY - she could always do the double peace sign like richard nixon did, lol

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2011 3:44:52 AM PDT
Lisa - Thats pretty funny...I liked that
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dream With Me forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  119
Initial post:  Apr 18, 2011
Latest post:  May 24, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dream With Me
Dream With Me by Jackie Evancho (Audio CD - 2011)
4.8 out of 5 stars (829)