5.0 out of 5 stars Really Deserves Five Stars
I don't believe for a second that the vocabulary level is really the point of this book. It has rhythm, alliteration, and emotion. If you read like Ben Stein, it might not be that great.
Published on January 6, 2009 by E. C.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's okay to feel sad sometimes.
Creepy and weird. No one cares why he is unhappy, just that he is bringing everyone else down. Own your feelings, Pout-Pout! It's okay to feel sad sometimes.
Published 1 month ago by Jennifer Amey

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Deserves Five Stars, January 6, 2009
But if you are excited to read it with your kids, it brings the story to life. Don't worry about a few big words. Kids don't know all of the meanings to every word, but they can understand the story through context, just like we do.
Pout Pout is wonderful. I have it for my son who has loved it since he was 6 months when I found it. I gave it as a shower gift. My friend's new born loves the rhythm and feels soothed by hearing this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Kids and a Great Message for All, March 31, 2008
The Pout-Pout Fish really impressed me with its humor, creative illustrations, and positive message. It is fun to read over and over to your little ones. BRAVO!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Illustrations, April 14, 2008
Not only does this book have a touching and entertaining story, but the illustrations are amazing! You will have so much fun with Mr. Hanna's imaginative creatures that you'll be lost in the pages for hours. A must buy for people of all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Teaches an Important Psychological Truth, September 1, 2008
As a positive psychologist I am very impressed with this book's important message. Often times people spend a life time grumpy or down in the dumps, unaware of who they really are or what their potential is. So imagine a world, where kids learn at two and three that they are in control of their nature and do have a choice as to how to respond! Our world would be so much better off. And that is the way I see this book. The fish has this great realization that the very parts of him that he felt made him dreay and weary, were really the parts that turn him into a kissing fish who could spread cheer everywhere! I hope moms and dads use the insight level of this book to encourage discussion and remind their kids that they can turn any of their traits into good and positive uses! This book is a must for young kids and their parents and should leave all kissing!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4 year old sons favorite book so far!, September 18, 2013
This review is from: The Pout-Pout Fish (A Pout-Pout Fish Adventure) (Board book)
My son Finn who is 4 loves this book. You can be quite animated while reading it and the rhymes are really fun. I would buy this book for children ages 2-5

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Loves This Book, October 10, 2011
I am doing homeschool preschool with my almost 3-year-old son. I got this book from the library when we were learning about feelings. The first time I read it, he laughed hysterically throughout the entire thing. I renewed the book to keep it from the library longer and now have to order one. This book has became a favorite for my son and I've now read it so much that he can recite from memory many parts of this book. It's quite funny to hear a toddler try and say "kaleidoscope of mope". Even my 20-month-old daughter loves this book. Whenever she sees it she exclaims, "pow-pow" (her attempt at saying "pout-pout").

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this book!!, March 10, 2011
The Pout-Pout Fish is definitely one of my favorite childrens books!! The illustrations are remarkable and the rhyming text maintains children's attention!! I am a mommy of two and an elementary school counselor - I love reading this book to my children at bedtime and I plan to implement this book into some of my guidance lessons. I also love the message in the book - it's amazing what a little love and a kiss can do!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh My Gosh...This might be my new favorite childrens book!, November 16, 2010
My son asked to buy this at his school book fair. He is in the 2nd grade and is into chapter books now but really wanted this book. Upon arriving home he immediately began reading it to his little sister, a 1st grader, and the family friends that happened to be visiting. He was so animated while he was reading that it took us grown-ups back to a time when we use to sit in our grade school classrooms and have the teachers read to us! The rhythm of the passages made it easy for him to read as well. And the ending... wonderful to say the least! I wanted him to read it again as soon as he was done.

I have recommended this to all my friends with young children. The illustrations are beautiful and I find my two children with the book just looking at the pages just to see what they missed the last time they looked at it.

Yes, it has a wonderful message as well. The power of positive choices and influences and my kids understood this too. We have children's books all over our house and this one is now residing in our 'favorites' section along with Dr Seuss and a few others.

We have decided to video tape my son reading it since we enjoy the book and how he reads it. We will be sending the video with the book to some young friends for Christmas (and I will get my copy as well!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book for the whole family!, November 12, 2011
My little 15 month old daughter loves this book and my husband and I really like reading it to her. The illustrations are colorful, engaiging and interesting, full of little details that capture the childs interest. The story has a nice rhythm, suspense and emotion and has ample opportunity for voice variations which my daughter loves. We have been reading this book everyday to her for a month now and she loves it everytime. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars The power of positive influence and choice for kids, November 16, 2009
Two wonderful lessons are taught with beautiful illustrations and catchy verse. My children want this read over and over. This book teaches that we have choice in regards to our attitude and that we can indeed affect others with our attitude. My 3 year old almost has this memorized as the verse is simple and catchy. She loves the pictures and the ending :)

My wife shared this with a neighbor, who frankly admitted, "oh my gosh, I am a Pout Pout Fish!" and has been working to change that. Children and adults will leave with a warm heart for the messages, the illustrations and the rhyming verses.

The Pout-Pout Fish (A Pout-Pout Fish Adventure)
The Pout-Pout Fish (A Pout-Pout Fish Adventure) by Deborah Diesen (Board book - August 6, 2013)
$7.99 $4.50