Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 8, 2010
I read this and several other Neville books almost ten years ago and enjoyed them immensely. Before and since, I've read a lot of truly wonderful books by others but none quite like his. I used to read this particular book over and over before falling off to sleep because I would feel so good. The love with which he wrote is palpable and contagious and his writer's voice a joy to read. Time to move it back to my nightstand.
22 comments| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2012
I found Neville from a Wayne Dyer video on PBS. This was the first time that I liked what Dyer said; I usually think he is good only as a popularizer. This show was good. And he kept talking about a Neville guy.

So I looked up Neville and found Neville Goddard. I eeny-meenied-miney-moed and chose this book.

When I got it, I devoured it. The next day my wife and I were driving nine hours from California to Portland, Oregon so I asked her to read the book and we discussed it as she read and I drove. Like some dinners, it was better the second time through.

I'm not sure I would recommend doing this for others because the miles and the time flew by; I don't remember seeing very much along the way. The route is familiar and we have a nice Garmin (bought from Amazon, thank you very much) that helps out at the last, tricky part, so we were fine.

Neville, as a writer, is very powerful. He writes in simple, easy to understand English. His writing in crisp and direct. There are no long, Latinate words or mouthfuls of Greek or German. Just, good, short, and vivid everyday words.

Everyday words they may be, but they will set what you have been taught on its head. I have long been skeptical of The Secret, as my wife saw it on Oprah, and dismissed it as wishful thinking. Neville has the depth to make the idea believable. It's as if what I have heard about The Secret was just a shadow of a fraction of what Neville offers. To be fair, The Secret has some of Neville as well, but you have to look for it. Neville is not about any Law Of Attraction.

I recommend reading this book as a first step to finding out what Neville is all about. I can tell you, when he quotes scripture you will swear the secret has been lying in plain sight all along, and these guys thousands of years ago were on to something that is way beyond common understanding of Bible stories.

I won't give it away, but I have always struggled with how do you accomplish true change without ceding your separation from it in the getting? If it is a goal to be accomplished in the future, how will I ever get there? It will always remain out of reach. Neville has the simply brilliant solution. Read him and see for yourself.
33 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2011
I have read a lot of materials. I have been enticed to buy a lot of products. I have learned some things. Neville cuts through it all. He tells it all up front. I have been most impacted by the THE POWER OF AWARENESS, SEEDTIME AND HARVEST, AWAKENED IMAGINATION, YOUR FAITH IS YOUR FORTUNE, all by Neville. Of course, you have to be ready. The desire to truly evolve and change must be within you, even if just a snippet.
on October 18, 2013
Perhaps the most important book I have ever read...maybe I will ever read. I say this because I have been meditating since I was 8.. I am now in my 40[s. I.have an undergraduate degree in philosophy, spent years reading self help books and business books. I am a student of Catherine Ponder, studied the art of war, the master key, ...I could on. But this is what is important...no other writer has ever explained to me with such a child like simplicity how to connect to my inner spirit and a higher spirit. While it does have many Christian biblical implications, the book does not push religion. I now experience actual manifestations. I now get how to get what I want out of life. I understand that both happiness and success are possible at the same time. I never asked for it to be easy just possible. Neville Goddard's the Power of Awareness, taps into something that can only be experienced. This book offers a step by step process. Take your time...read it once, read it twice, whatever it takes but read it.
on January 14, 2011
This is a short but wonderful little book, filled with guidance and lessons on bringing awareness to every day living. If you have read more modern-day metaphysical works, you'll find that N Goddard was also not the first to speak of awareness, but attempted to bring it to light during his years of study and writing.
The book mimics some of the older metaphysics authors and is mentioned in works by authors such as W Dyer and E Tolle.
A wonderful, and easy to read (but necessary to re-read) little guide to building awareness of the "present moment."
on December 5, 2011
The truth is I never really believe anything metaphysical, but this book truly open my mind
to a whole new area of beliefs,
I can't wait to read more books by this author
on May 5, 2012
I've read many of Neville's written lectures but I was overwhelmed by the information in this small book. I will probably be reading this book over and over for the rest of my life. It's that inspiring.
on February 14, 2011
very good instructions for manifesting positive changes. I have read a lot of self help books and this one is very clear and practical.
on May 23, 2012
Wayne Dyer quotes this book many times in his latest book, "Wishes Fulfilled." When I began reading "The Power of Awareness," I started to underline/highlight phrases...until I realized that every word should be underlined. This is a handbook for enlightenment, so carry it with you everywhere and refer to it constantly. It is amazing that I can read some passage and in the next minute a situation, conversation or thought brings that passage into use.
on December 4, 2012
The cheaply-made book is reproduced with Optical Recognition Software. This is clearly shown when words that are clearly supposed to be "in" are printed as "m". In addition, words that are supposed to have apostrophe's are missing, such as "man s" instead of "man's".
There are other versions of this book that are an exact representation of the original and I suggest you purchase one of those instead.
55 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse