Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon August 28, 2008
John Carinci is an excellent writer who knows how to keep a reader's interest. I am an avid reader of self-help books, have read many of the books John recommends, and have already learned many of the life lessons that Mr. Carinci presents in this book, but his writing style is refreshing and the examples and quotes he uses are inspirational.

I particularly enjoyed the author's point that the odds of our birth are like winning the lottery. The one in a million chances that an egg would be fertilized coupled with the likelihood that the development of the embryo into the miniature person born in this time and place that perpetuated our personhood is phenomenal. Those coupled with the fact that we survived exposure to disease and accidents and live in an age of modern medicine; opportunity, education, and freedom that promote our longevity and ability to have a meaningful life are not an accident. We are here for a reason!

The author does an exception job laying out how people who work hard and think positively employing the gifts they are born with and those that they develop should not be satisfied with their accomplishments. Rather, they should strive to make a positive impact on the world and leave behind a legacy that will impact humanity through the ages. He gave numerous examples of such people who ignored ridicule and persevered to accomplish and make our world one of technological advancement. He encourages us to be different, to dream, to act and never be satisfied with what is, but strive for new and better ways to live, work and play.
The author encourages us to make time for ourselves and extend our waking alert hours living healthily and purposefully. Example after examples are provided of people who were either not born with certain physical attributes or have lost them, but nevertheless have used their minds and ingenuity to achieve great things that impact the world as we know it. He believes that those who have passed on their gifts look down at us and challenge us to improve upon their contributions.

I recommend this book to people of all ages and backgrounds. It is uplifting and enlightening. I am glad I read it and you will be too.
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 23, 2008
John Paul Carinci is a Renaissance man - he is not only a successful business man, he is a poet, song writer, screenwriter, author of many works of fiction, and the author of one of the most profound and useful 'self-help' books I have ever read.
The Power of Being Different is amazing. In its simplicity, it will show you how to transport your life into one that is not only productive, but filled with exploring your potential in every facet of your life. Big words, but it works.
I have a dear friend who is a success in the investment market. One of his favorite sayings is 'Dare to be a Daniel, dare to stand alone.' I am sending him a copy of Carinci's book - he'll love it.
You see, you can eek out an existence by being just another head in a crowd. To get noticed, you have to stand out - to be different - and thereby having your ideas noticed, your path cleared.
Carinci dots his book with quotes from some of the greatest minds of our time - bits of information to chew and digest - His sound, thoughtful words will be those you will use and relate to.
I have 'dog-eared' many pages of The Power of Being Different so I can relay some great ideas/thoughts with you - it is something I do not normally do - dog-earing - but wanted to share with you - am looking at my copy and nearly every page is dog-eared. Not enough space to share everything I wanted to share!
The way you use your time each day can be a critical factor in your success. Your thoughts and how you handle yourself are part of your success. In other words, harness the power you have within you and you can literally move mountains to achieve your goals, personally and professionally.
Time management, sending positive thoughts, ideas to yourself are parts of the keys. How many of us wake up and dread going to work - knowing we'll get pounded in some form during the day, shrinking at the thought of having to endure another day of the same harrassment from the boss and/or co-workers in the dog eat dog daily grind we call work? I've been there done that - Carinci in simple easy to follow techniques help alter our approach to handling things making harsh situations bearable and even triumphant is brilliant.
My father was the blueprint of the American Dream. Son of an immigrant, he worked his way through college, overcoming hardships where some would have given up and taken lesser roads. Instead he persisted, and became an executive in the automotive industry - and he was sought out for not only his dedication for excellence and quality, but how he practiced what he preached. He cared not only for the product, but the people who produced the products. His techniques in business are still being practiced today. If my father was alive today, I can guarantee you he would give a copy of The Power of Being Different to each and every person under him, as well as family members. I think his dedication and caring to help and give of himself paved the way for successes of his family and people he touched. He and John Paul Carinci would have been great friends. Every page I read, I knew this was what my father embraced. And that is the highest compliment I can give this book.
Small suggestions, such as finding 15 minutes each day to start investing in yourself, writing down your dreams of success, having a mantra of sorts - a rallying 'cry' to focus what you want and to achieve - focusing in on what is truly important and zeroing in on how to attain it.
All this John Paul Carinci lays out in this book.
You are your best supporter, or worst enemy. Which will you choose? To self destruct, or rise to be the person you want to be? So easy, so amazingly presented, all you have to do is follow through. Follow through - that is another of my Dad's sayings - you can have great ideas, but unless you follow through with them, all they are, are great ideas. Not tangible success.
You may not become a Gates after reading this book, but if you follow the principles of this book, whether you are an executive in a company, or a blue collar worker in the fields, or a student, whatever, wherever you are, your success is in your hands. All you have to do is step out and be different - make a difference - and that gives a power you will find amazing.
I plan on sending copies of The Power of Being Different to many of my friends. I believe in the ideas of this book, and am working to make myself a better person by implementing the ideas Carinci lays out for us.
on December 5, 2008
The Power of Being Different never leaves you bored. This book is filled with quotes, humor, and wonderful advice to get anyone up and moving and becoming all they can be. No room for procrastination here. Along with all the good advice, Carcini is obviously a spiritual person, writing a motivational book toward being your true self.
I believe that John Carcini should become a motivational speaker for I sense a gift for delivering wise advice to all.
on April 8, 2013
I ordered this book on Amazon kindle and it inspired me so much that I ordered a hard cover copy for my personal use. It has really changed my life and the way I approach everyday now. I can never thank Paul enough for what he has done for me. He is an amazing person who can bring out the best in you if you let him. The book is filled with inspiring quotes and common sense advice. The author really makes you think about yourself and how to make change in your life. I especially like the advice about replacing bad habits with good ones. Thank you again Paul for your book, it was amazing for me.
on September 28, 2012
This ebook will open up your head in a different kind of way. I have been "Different" my entire life. When I was young I always wanted to 'fit in'. I was never the 'fit in' type. I was "Different". I thought I could be a part of a group and still keep my individual self in tact. Well......it don't work that way. You have to become, One Of Them. You lose your rights. If I didn't walkout, I was asked to leave once I said I don't like doing it that way. I was "Different". I've lost jobs for years!!! The employers knew I was" NOT IN THE BOX", even if I could do the job. I was not born in the box. Being Different is normal for me now. I have adjusted. One perk is that the Ladies like it. They want a guy who is Different. They sense it right away. Guys will sense it too, but they want nothing to do with you, or, they are dying to talk to you about your entire life, until they can find something wrong with you. Being Different does have Power. That Power has to be developed and managed in order to get the benefit of it over a lifetime. This ebook is well worth reading. If you don't know that you're different when you start reading it, you'll know it by the time you finish. Magic Johnson fitted in, Michael Jordan didn't. They both made the best of where they were. They are both very "DIFFERENT". If you're not "IN THE BOX" and you know it, THAT IS YOUR POWER!!! KNOWING IT!!!! What happens after that is up to you, make the adjustment. This ebook is on Amazon for pennies. It's an easy read, it's quick to download, you'll enjoy it. It can shine some light on some of those blindspots that we often miss.
on November 17, 2011
Over the years I have read many "self-help" books, which all say the same thing. This is the first book that I have read that makes sense and offers some good "tools" to set you aside from others and make you different ~~ a WINNER!!
The key is to take what is in the book and make it work for you. No, it is not easy; however, it is possible.
You MUST have the "power to believe" in yourself and REALLY want to make a difference. Each one of us has our own path and must follow it, with a "positive" attitude. The real World is full of "negativity" and it is up to you to change your "negative" thoughts into "positive" thoughts.
I highly recommend this book!! Read it.. and use it, if you want to make a difference in your life.
VINE VOICEon October 8, 2012
After reading The Power of Being Different, one cannot imagine that within over 300 pages, the book includes a plethora of practical principles that anyone may apply to their daily living. Readers may not be able to stop reading because of the endless amount of ideas and suggestions that help to change negative energy to positive optimism in a matter of days or weeks. Undeniably Author John Paul Carinci's narrative resonates within a similar vein as Dale Carnegie. However, what may be different from Carnegie's legendary books of How To's to Carinci's approach, Carinci focuses on the reader's goal to identify that being unique is one's strength rather than a weakness, and that goals cannot be achieved by merely reading the book, but how one actually sets forth to mentally and physically decide to make changes and adjustments to one's routine. Carinci suggests this may be possible through limited procrastinating, prioritizing, and persevering to complete the task or to overcome any form of hindrance. And one of the key elements that one may keep in mind: time.

In essence, the book is indeed helpful in many capacities from the legendary quotes to the additional list of recommended readings. But for the most part, the possibilities are limitless when small goals are established that eventually leads to bigger ones. Take it from the achievements that Carinci presents to the readers from baseball great Roger Maris to Inventor Thomas Edison, all things are possible.
on September 23, 2012
I loved it! I am passionate about this subject about us being Unique - embracing our uniqueness! This book is just very much fitting into this idea! It is providing the main points of who we are giving readers opportunity to relate to these points from personal experience and recognizing the Power that is within us! Quotes at the beginning of each paragraph I found to be great - kinda setting the mood for what the paragraph is about. As English is not my native language, even though I know it pretty well, I prefer to read books that are simple to read, easy to follow the writing, the thoughts - this book was easy to read and therefor I enjoyed it even more! Empowering, thought provoking and easy to relate!
Another great read with the this idea:spiritual growth (101 things to Know about Embracing Your Uniqueness)!
on March 10, 2013
While people always want to be like other people and not themselves, this book pushes you to your better life coming from your being different and guides you all along to being yourself, Success from your being different, I like it.
on August 10, 2013
I know that I am different and that it has given me great power in my life. So why did I buy this book? I don't know, I am an idiot I guess. I can't say I didn't like it, it WAS an okay book, but nothing new, nothing special. It WAS well written though, I will say that.

And SELLER GREAT