5.0 out of 5 stars The Power of a Praying Kid
Published on September 30, 2010 by Cassandra Duggan and Douglas B...

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
I chose this rating because it has good stuff for nonbelievers of Christ. Yes I did like this book. I would recommend this book for beginning followers of Christ, and kids getting to know God and changing there ways.
Published 10 months ago by Will Leopper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Power of a Praying Kid, September 30, 2010
This review is from: The Power of a Praying Kid (Paperback)
If you are anything like me, you are looking for a book that will teach your children to be prayer warriors! As a Christian Home Schooling mom, I understand how difficult it can be when it comes to bible and prayer time with our children. I wanted to find a book that would teach my three active boys the power of prayer. Which is why, I was so hopeful and encouraged when I discovered Stormie Omartian's, The Power of a Praying Kid. She introduces the concept of communicating with God, in a very gentle and child-friendly way. And any parent can see that her knowledge comes straight from the bible!

Stormie Omartian does a wonderful job at conveying all aspects of prayer that children may not understand. The section we found most helpful was, "I Pray to God When I Am Afraid". Stormie Omartian writes, "Even though the things you are afraid of seem so much bigger than you are, God is still bigger than all of those things put together." Stormie Omartian encourages children to turn to prayer whenever they are afraid, so that God can take that fear away. This section has really helped my children with some fears they have during bedtime.

You can bet that this book will keep your child's attention! That is because Stormie Omartian has included many interactive tools throughout the chapters. You will notice that she has included prayers from children around the world, sections for children to write their own prayers (which have encouraged my children to start a prayer journal), encouraging prayers from the bible, and so much more!

Stormie Omartian is a best-selling book author, known for her Christian-oriented books including The Power of a Praying Wife, The Power of a Praying Parent, The Power of a Praying Husband, The Power of a Praying Woman, and The Power of Praying Together. As you can see, she has plenty of passion on subject matter!

I would recommend this book for any parent, who wants their child to develop a stronger faith and passion with God. Prayer is the key to getting to know God better. You will be amazed, when you see how easy and enjoyable it is going to be reading The Power of a Praying Kid with your child.

I'm a Christian Homeschooling Mom to 3 active boys. We have found some wonderful resources, that we would love to share! Please check out my blog for more information and reviews. If my blog link does not show-up on this review, you can find it by clicking on my amazon profile.

Happy Reading!

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars This book helps, September 28, 2010
This review is from: The Power of a Praying Kid (Paperback)
I purchased this book for my eight year old son to help him develop a pryaer life w/God. This book helps him to formulate his words and shows him how easy it is to talk to God. It also gives him scriptures to tell him what God is saying to him. The book is easy to read - and uses real life examples that he relates to. This book is meeting the needs of my family.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS BOOK!!!, August 25, 2011
This review is from: The Power of a Praying Kid (Paperback)
I think every child and maybe every adult should have this book. It is perfect for my 8 year old son...wish I had it years ago. I just wish there was more of it...more to read, more devotionals, but we re-read it.

4.0 out of 5 stars tool to teach, January 28, 2011
This review is from: The Power of a Praying Kid (Paperback)
This is more of a tool to teach your kids. Older kids(10+) could read if they are spiritually minded and do fine. I found it was better for me to read the chapter first then pick and choose questions. There is a part in the back of the chapter that kids can "fill in" spaces for a prayer. I encourage my kids to read out loud to God one on one with him.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, August 18, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars An Answer to Prayers, February 13, 2014
M. Conway "ME" (THIS LAND, YOUR LAND, MY LAND..) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Power of a Praying Kid (Paperback)
We attend a Christian denomination that does not have Bible study or "Sunday school" for kids. Worried that our daughter would not understand what it meant to have a relationship with Jesus and knowing that she needed more than Bible stories, I combed Amazon (and other sites)looking for a real Bible study guide.

Ask and it is given! I found this book and bought it, just hoping that it would provide what I needed. It has more than exceeded expectations. Our little girl (aged 9) still has a long way to go in understanding Christ and a faith walk (truthfully, most of us do, too) but this EXPLAINS things and opens discussion in a way I never could on my own.

This is even the 2nd one I have purchased because I gave the first one away.

God bless you Mrs. Omartian. Christian parents, friends, leaders, teachers, etc. please take note of this valuable resource.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good info., August 7, 2013
This review is from: The Power of a Praying Kid (Paperback)
This is a little beyond the reading comprehension of my grandchildren but they will grow into understanding it. It has lots of good info and points and I'm glad I ordered it.

5.0 out of 5 stars the power of a praying kid/stormie omartian, October 20, 2010
This review is from: The Power of a Praying Kid (Paperback)
My son loves this book. It teaches kids the power they have through Christ when they pray.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very encouraging and expanatory, June 5, 2013
I would say all kids from 4 ( with a parent reading and explaining ) to 12 ( perhaps older) will find encouragement to pray and from both the author and other kids brief blurbs ( which are usually very insightful and pertinent to child using this )
I really love how it explains the questions all ages ask / think about.
It is all solid and has excellent answers
It helped my young one as he felt very discouraged and like God didn't hear him. The answers in this book opened his eyes and gave him a renewed faith and hope. Then he began to see slowly and increasing answers and solutions to his orayersc.

There is a wealth of learning and applying in this one book. Simply explained and done so in a way that completely answers and satisfies

This is the only book needed. It is a treasure He loves it and so do I

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend!, July 7, 2014
This review is from: The Power of a Praying Kid (Paperback)
Great book! I held a parent/child class with this book and it was great to see the parents and children learning. And seeing the children express themselves.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Power of a Praying Kid
The Power of a Praying Kid by Stormie Omartian (Paperback - July 1, 2005)
$9.99 $8.09