5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Insight into the player mindset!
Don't let the title put you of. Concise and utterly accurate, Kara King calls it like she sees it.

Published 19 months ago by nr164890

3.0 out of 5 stars It's basically "The Rules" only "Ghetto-fied"
It's an amusing read, and perhaps for a very young woman (like 17-21) some of the info may be new.

As I read on it occurred to me that the underling info seemed REALLY familiar then it hit me: The Rules! (All the Rules: Time-tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right) This book was almost certainly inspired by that book.

I read The Rules...
Published 7 months ago by Margie

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Insight into the player mindset!, February 13, 2013

Every woman who is dating, from teenager upwards, deserves to know about the 'player' men she writes about. Some players are harmless & easy to pick out that they are just after sex. Others are more insidious & predatory - they seduce, mislead by suggestion, lie outright, deceive, manipulate and use women. Learn the difference between PERSONALITY & CHARACTER. Pay attention to any feeling that things do not add up. Beware the 'perfect' guy and the 'perfect' relationship that unfolds too easily. Beware the guy who plies you with alcohol. Although there is no guarantee you will be told the truth, establish the rules upfront; ask what you are; what this is. Then see if ACTION matches his WORDS. A guy who is genuinely interested in a relationship willing puts in effort to build something healthy eg will listen & try to solve problems, respects you/proud to be with you, your opinion and is open and transparent. A player is unlikely to invest effort in a woman, to him she is just a docking station and if he is seeing other women then a schedule (certain days of the week) or secrecy is likely part of the equation. Run if referred to as a 'special friend', haven't been introduced to his circle or if when confronted with professions/promises made he claims he can't recall/didn't say that/you misunderstood.

Best be prepared... Figure out the game, avoid being used. Read the book and apply the principles; she has nailed down the player mindset 100%! A real gift to women everywhere, if you are single and dating, don't venture out there without reading this book first!!

As an added extra, men "checkout" (emotionally or physically) when their interest wanes - accept that HE IS NEVER GOING TO TELL YOU!! Be brave, don't settle for excuses - work etc, blah, blah. Just move on, you deserve better.

5.0 out of 5 stars If I Had Nothing Nice to Say Then..., June 16, 2012
I wouldn't say it. But I have to say, I was surprised after reading this book. I've read "He's Just Not That Into You" years ago while after going through long stint of being undervalued by men (um, because I didn't understand how to use the power of the pussy) and Think Like A Man (because I was curious) and I read one recently that I bought for my Kindle by the Millionaire Matchmaker, Pattie Stagler and I have to say, THIS book, The Power of the Pussy, is.. um... I'll say it... simply better than all three of them--for me. Chapters 1-3 is enough, actually! I mean, and the chapter devoted to self-esteem needs to be read by all women. And let me tell you, I made all the mistakes. Divulging sexual history was my biggest infraction!

Point blank, I buy it. Ladies, if you want to understand what the power of your pussy is, then read this book. This is a very well written and well thought out book written in a very unique way. And I'm about to post a link on my FB page, telling all my friends to read it!

It's that good. It's definitely 5 stars.

However, if you're one of those people who are easily offended by straight-talk, real straight-talk, then... um... still read it! Toughen up and get over it! Geesh it's 2012!

5.0 out of 5 stars At the top of my list!!, November 27, 2013
This review is from: The Power of the Pussy: Get What You Want From Men: Love, Respect, Commitment and More! (Paperback)
So far I have read a plethora of relationship books and this one is at the top of my list. It's a quick read about 225 pages, all you need is the first four chapters! This book is raw! Kara King tells it like it is. If you are sensitive and have a low self esteem toughen up, get a therapist. She lets you know that lack of confidence in no way will attract a man. If you want to know what attracts and deters men from your path, this is the book for you. For those who have read only a few pages of this book and believe Kara King is a man basher, you didn't read far enough into the book. I highly suggest chapter 6 in which the author tells us ladies that we tend to over look the good guys for shallow reasons. I have to say she's right, both sexes are guilty of choosing a partner with looks over brains.

I do however suggest that you read more then just one book to empower yourself. Broadening your knowledge and communication skills is what will lead you to finding the right man. As of now I have many dates lined up and i'm very much pursued by the opposite sex. I owe it all to developing self confidence and researching. The following books should be read as well: Act Like A Lady Think Like A Man by Steve Harvey, Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov. If you feel you need to work on your communication skills with the opposite sex you must read Men are from Mars Women are from Venus by John Gray. Not only will your communication skills improve you will gain insight as to why men act the way they do. What makes them tick and most of all how to complement a man with positive affirmations, this builds your confidence and his! He's happy your happy, there will be less nagging involved and more peace, I promise! I also feel in todays technologically advanced society females are easily available, when access should be limited to the opposite sex. Learn how to handle yourself via text messaging, e-mailing, and of course social networking sites such as Facebook. A great book that covers these topics would be Not Your Mothers Rules By Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider. And finally if you feel you have been duped, played, etc you need to look for red flags and this advice goes to both men and women. There are people out there who are quite successful at playing others and you need to be capable of detecting such types. They get away with it because their experts and have been for quite some time. I recommend The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene. Not everyone is out to get you but be aware of those who carry these unique personality traits. Detecting BS is half the battle. As knowledgeable as I am now I use my wisdom to the best of my abilities and I do not lead others on. Once you acquire the needed confidence do not forget to treat others the way you would like to be treated. If someone no longer interest you, make sure you state it kindly. Good luck to all of you!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG QUITE POSSIBLY THE MOST EMPOWERING BOOK EVER!!!, March 15, 2013
I honestly don't even know where to begin!!!!!!!!
She COVERS EVERYTHING!! Dating, online dating, just friends, sex (obviously), valuing your self,self esteem, keeping busy, PURSUING YOUR OWN GOALS and not throwing yourself away FOR A MAN! How to get a good man and keep him if you so desire!

There's SO MUCH in this book like the big sister you wish you had, along with the therapist, and your older brother, and also the voice of your little low self-esteem self shows up there too. She covers all the CRAP women tell themselves in order to continue putting up with mediocre and downright terrible behavior from men. This is EXCELLENT cause sometimes we don't even KNOW we are listening to little voice with no self-esteem and then make decisions that are terrible for us! Best way to stop is to become aware of it and expose the lies and MOVE ON!!

IN ADDITION, she also makes EXCELLENT recommendations for other resouRces!

MY ABSOLUTE favorite recommendation was the song playlist! I love music! SO I instantly purchased almost all the songs she recommend for girl power, getting over him power, valuing your worth power, etc

BUY IT, LEND IT, BUY IT AGAIN AND GIVE THE WOMEN IN YOUR LIFE A COPY!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Attention ladies!!!, March 20, 2013
This book should be read by more women as a reminder... A little unconventional but I loved it! and I am 46 years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for women, February 3, 2013
This book helped me understand WHY I've ended up feeling like crap after giving my ALL to a man... Now I see what I should have NEVER done!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's basically "The Rules" only "Ghetto-fied", January 30, 2014

I read The Rules MANY years ago...So this book is pretty much that one except Ghetto-fied. I say ghetto because of the way the author writes and the music she actually recommends, which was one of the parts of the book that I was annoyed by. I am not listening to rap so I can gain self confidence.

Another part of the book that annoyed me A LOT whas a Q& A style section she had about a mans point of view and one of the "guys" she interviewed actually said that women vagina's smell, so we have to wash up. Seriously? Is this really in a book for women about self empowerment? If a woman doesn't know how to shower then she needs more than a book on dating. I found little things like that to be off putting and almost condescending to women. All this was towards the end of the book.

I know with this kind of review it seems like I hated the book but I didn't. This book was light and entertaining. I didn't learn anything new, just reinforced a lot of things I already knew and despite some iffy parts it was a fun read. I'd recommend it to a young woman or a woman looking for a few laughs and reinforcements or what we already know.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, April 3, 2014
I rarely write book reviews although I read tons of them but this book deserves the honor. I am in the process of a divorce after finding out my about my husband's affair and the past weeks have been spent in shock, anger and grief. This wasn't the type of book I set out to buy; I only got it because it was on the bestseller's list in the Divorce category. So far I've devoured 45% of the book and it's very funny and entertaining and has lifted some of the gloom and doom from my life. It feels like I have a best friend talking to me, telling me like it is, cheering me up and giving me hope at the same time. I have no idea if any of the tips would work, dating will not in my short-term future, but if they do I'll update here.

Update 6th April: I finished reading the book very quickly, and bought part 2, which I'm in the process of reading. Besides the entertainment value, I think I like this book so much because it's very empowering. It teaches you how to protect yourself from being victimized and suffering needlessly. Sometimes it just takes a change of mindset to change one's entire life. If I had the money I would give this to every teenage girl I know so that she can learn how to protect herself and separate the good guys from the bad.The language isn't important, most teens are constantly exposed to far worse on the internet and it may even help the message get through better. I certainly wish I'd read this as a teen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read!, February 13, 2013
I love this book. No, I didn't follow the rules, and I certainly need to read it again. However, the book is very detailed and gives some good tips on what not to do when dating. Some of the things are common sense, but we all need a reminder of the things we shouldnt do. My friend bought this book for me. Honestly, I didn't want to read it because I thought the author wouldn't be able to relate, I'm a black female and she's not. I know stupid reasoning. However, when I read the book I felt like the author was 'telling me like it is' just like my girls would do. So, this book transcends culture and is realtable to all types of women. Just saying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, wow, wow!, March 27, 2013
I am 41 years old and i've known the common sense stuff, just like every other woman out there. Don't be needy, keep yourself busy, have your own life, blah, blah, blah. This book opened my eyes to something that should have been obvious but no other author has mentioned or at least, hasn't been as clear and straightforward, with BOLD writing!

After the 3rd Chapter, i had to take a break and take everything in because it truly explained to me the reasons my relationships started off strong and eventually waned. I don't care how much confidence a woman has, or how busy she appears to a man, if she doesn't abide by Chapters 1-3, she's pretty much weakened the relationship by her own hand.

I would recommend this to many women who I know have struggled with relationship issues. This would be an excellent follow up to the book "Why Men Mary Bitches" because even that book doesn't spell it out quite plainly as Kara King does.

Bravo!!!