Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

83%
17%

on October 1, 2000
About a week and a half ago, I was watching the opening ceremony to the Olympics. They had a young beautiful girl by the name of Vanessa Amirossi, and she sung a song that doesn't exist. I looked up the song she sung "Heroes Live Forever", and it doesn't exist. But the point is, I was stunned by her voice. The song is still in my head after 2 weeks. So I decided to get her cd. When I got the cd, I was once again, blown away. She has the most amazing voice for someone her edge I have ever heard. Get this cd.
on June 29, 2000
I was in a bar in Cairns, Australia and Vanessa Amorosi's Absolutely Everybody came on and everyone in the bar started singing and dancing...except for my American friends and me-- we had no idea who the singer was. Since then, I've bought this CD and it's one of my favorite souvenirs from Australia. It's upbeat, refreshing, and an all-around positive listening experience. It's time for Americans to include this CD in our best hits collection.
on September 17, 2001
I've never bought an album just because I was impressed by a singer -- this is an exception. The price is discouraging at first, but there are 10 original tracks and 3 remixes that are consistently of high quality. Not only does Amorosi have a great voice (no studio magic), she takes credits on most of the songs as having written them. There is a perfect mix of jumpy and soft songs on this album, some even have quite an edge. For me the tracks that jump out are "Absolutely Everybody," "The Power," and the remix of "Pray For Love." If you like this, I highly recommend Amorosi's single for "Have a Look" because it has a great remix as well as "Heroes Live Forever" (from the sydney games). If you search carefully you can find 30 second previews of some of the songs on this album either from other amazon listings or searches elsewhere. All I can say is that there are no filler songs on this album and Amorosi truly holds her own vocally. Oh, and just fyi, there is a bit of bad language, such as the "b" word but it is entirely in the context of the song and not offensive at all. Some of the songs on this album are SO inspiring, it is a purchase you won't regret if you find yourself humming to pop songs but wish there was more legitimate talent out there -- Amorosi is that talent!
on May 18, 2000
I saw Vanessa Amorosi live last week as the opening act for Savage Garden. She is absolutely fantastic live. Her album is a must have..Her strong voice brought the whole room to attention. Her vocal range is mesmerising."Absoluely everybody" is spine-tingling when its performed live....not a single person wasnt dancing.. "Have a look" is a perfect pop/rock song and showcased here magnificent talent for changing tempo..."Shine" is truly inspirational You want great music with attitude......buy the Power...you won't be disappointed
on July 27, 2001
I already had the original Power album, and it is GREAT! This version, an import from Japan is 100 times BETTER! Not included in this version are the three mixes (Pray for Love club mix, The Power Spiced Mix, and Absolutely Everybody Latino mix). NEW for this album are the songs STEAM (previously only available on a b-side CD Single) in which Vanessa really shines (No pun intended!), the very bouncy Turn To Me, and two Bonus Tracks. The first, Rise Up will have you singing along in no time. They saved the best for last with Second Chance, which has become my second favorite song (SHINE, of course is my favorite!). This Import is WORTH THE MONEY, BUY IT NOW!
on April 25, 2001
This is the best album by a female artist in ages. Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera have a lot to look out for cause vanessa is a million times better then them. vanessa writes all her songs
on May 13, 2001
This CD is amazing! She is ever more amazing live! I have seen her twice, since I bought her Album. I have met her too, and she is so nice. I admire her talent, and her voice is unique and she can sing so high! I am a big fan and have all her CD's so far...I recommend this without hesitation! Whether you like dance, pop, slow or fast, it's all on here. My favourite songs are: "Absolutely Everybody", "Shine", "The Power" and "Everytime I Close My Eyes"...Go grab your copy NOW!
on July 6, 2003
It is the first time I listen to veanessa's song, and I found that it is really great! Especially the song "Shine", the music is energetic and her voice is sweet and cozy, it gives you power!No wonder it is one of the greatest hit in australia. If you have never listen to it before, try it now, you will be impressed and love this song.
on March 7, 2001
Well, ...let me tell you, I just experienced Vanessa Amorosi live at the 2001 Sydney Lesbian and Gay Mardi Gras Dance Party where she performed "The Power".
Oh My God! What an AMAZING VOICE! and what an INCREDIBLE PERFORMER! With total unexpectancy ...she STUNNED the massive crowd and nearly shot the RHI into the stratoshere! I'm getting major chills this very moment just recalling her penetrating performance.
If you're really looking for some music that'll truly lift your spirits and put you into a mood of ecstacy ...then this is the album for you!
Don't waste your time shopping for albums that give you only one or two tracks that are worth listening to. This album is LOADED with excellent tracks and it was worth every penny I spent on it!
This is a great album to listen to whilst working out at the gym or going for an uplifting run ...it's soooooo motivational!
If you ever get the chance to see Vanessa live ...what ever you do, don't miss her! She will pierce your soul with the magic of her voice like no other artist can do. Watch out for this one, cause she's well on her way to MEGA STARDOM ...You go girl!
From your latest fan in Sydney!
on May 1, 2000
Vanessa Amorosi is and will be one of the worlds greatest singers/performers of this millenium. I have followed her career since it first began with the single "Have a Look". I was amazed. Her passion and powerful indivdiual style <not to mention one of the best voices I have heard in a long time> amazed me.Then, the song that rocked most New Years Eve parties "Absolutely Everybody" was released and it totally blew me away. Her individuality and style make this album a must have. Her powerful vocals and passion for her songs, of which she wrote most, break through powerfully, especially on my FAVOURITE track of the whole album, Shine. There is a mix of styles from R&B, Rock, Pop, Ballads...a bit of everything. Another terrific song is How Y' Livin', and U R Mine, which is the first track of the CD and gives you an indication of her great talent. One of the best artists to come out of Australia, who is also fantastic live, Vanessa rocks and her album THE POWER is an album you gotta own. If I could, I'd give it a 10+.