The Practical CIO: A Common Sense Guide for Successful ITLeadership provides needed advice for modern executivescompeting in a challenging global environment.
- Proactively establish goals for IT
- Hold all vendors accountable
- Extract maximum value from existing IT investments
- Manage and market the IT brand
- Build relationships up, down and sideways across the enterpriseand beyond its traditional boundaries
- Act like a CEO
Brimming with interviews and case studies from leading globalenterprises such as Microsoft, Prudential, Citigroup, ChiquitaBrands, Smithfield Foods and West Marine. The Practical CIOis designed for clear-eyed IT and C-level executives with nopatience for hype or overly optimistic visions of a "bettertomorrow." Truly a commonsense guide for successful IT leadership,this book delivers exactly the kind of hard-nosed, actionableadvice that executives urgently require.