Industrial-Sized Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL

Format: PaperbackChange

on May 31, 2012
This is an absolute MUST read......Archer's style is as always thoroughly captivating, there is not one dull paragraph in this book! The Biblical challenge from this book to personal godliness in the light of the bema seat is probably the biggest single challenge I have ever faced in my Christian walk. It has impacted on every decision as I now consider all my thoughts and actions in the light of Christ's scrutiny and eternal rewards as I have never done before. While I was previously satisfied to rest on my full justification and lack of condemnation through the cross, I am now fully persuaded of the need for so much more as a child of God. The desire to live every public and private moment for His glory has been greatly increased since reading this book. It is of tremendous comfort to those who labour tirelessly and unnoticed and of great challenge to those who, like me, are way too concerned with earthly rewards. Be warned - it will change your life!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2012
The Preacher's Payday is a basic examination of the eteranal rewards that will be handed out from the Bema seat at the Final judgment, and the author gives particular attention to the judgment of Bible teachers and pastors, who, as he shows from Scripture, will experience a stricter judgement but potentially greater reward. As a layman, I found this book to be encouraging and convicting. Archer has a tremendous ability with words and shows great skill with the use of word pictures. Clint also links faithfulness to the Scripture with expository preaching and spends the last few chapters giving a basic introdution to what expository preaching is and how to do it. For those who are not familiar with expository preaching you will find these chapters helpful as they deal with some of the basics. For pastors who already exposite Scripture, you will find this to be a useful refresher and may even glean some ideas from Clint. The author has done a great service by providing a select bibliography at the end of the book which takes up a little over four pages. I fully recommend this book to pastors and laymen alike, those who teach and those who don't. As Clint mentions, there is much confusion over the Bema seat, mainly because there has been little written about it. This book is an excellent primer on the subject, but it's main purpose is to encourage pastors and elders in faithfulness to Christ.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse