Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 21, 2000
this album was the jam back in the day.back when i was a little juvi everybody in the hood was pumpin this. today was a good day is and was a song that helped me get through alot and when things werent goin the right way me and my homegirl would cruise and chill to the album. this and the chronic are 2 of the greatest albums ever made. buy this for the strength,buy this for the social commentary. even if you are a white middle class kid from the country GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE
on December 23, 2006
Great beats and lyrics to match. Why? The lyrics talked about social problems in serious but sometimes humorous and clever ways. That makes the music relevant. Most other rappers talk about themselves which is tiresome. But Ice Cube masterfully talks about society such that you are entertained but also makes you think on a few points about where we are as a society.
on November 10, 2003
Ice cube along with ice t are probably my favorite rappers of all time.All the songs are great and the beats are amazing.He raps about alot of things instead of only limiting himself to the tired bling bling rant of todays rappers.Amongst the hip hop genre he is truly original when so many are not and simply following trends.I cannot recommend this cd enough.
on April 29, 2009
"It was a good day" was such a big hit and good for Cube but I hated that so many people got into Ice Cube with that song.
This album is not as strong as the first two and there are some really good songs but there are also some duds.
But, it's definitely worth buying new or used.
on July 10, 2005
If you are into N.W.A., Ice Cube, or early 90's rap this should be a good album for you. The best tracks are "wicked", "it was a good day", "dirty mack", "say high to the bad guy", "the predator",and especially "we had to tear this up" which relates to the L.A. riots.
on September 16, 2006
this brings you back to the day about not giving a f*ck. pop this cd in and listen to the stories ice cube tells. i enjoy this cd and this was my second ice cube cd i ever owned and to this day i still listen to it. highly recommended

rating A+
on January 25, 2007
Around this time, Cube was putting out albums year after year. "Amerikka's Most Wanted" is a classic and one of my favorites. Then he dropped "Death Certificate" which is another classic. Next up to bat was his third (full length) album, "The Predator".

This was considered Ice Cube's most sold album. His biggest hit song "It Was A Good Day" still gets a lot of rotation on the radio, and is still dope to listen to as well. Cube was still in his political stance though. It wasn't as heavy as "Death Certificate" and "Amerikka's Most Wanted". Around this time people might have been calling him a racist, but he was out trying to prove otherwise. If you hear the inserts that are on this album ("I'm Scared") you can hear some of the opinions that people had towards him about what he was saying.

Now for the music itself, it's overall dope. There are a some tracks that easilly became some stadouts. As popular as "It Was A Good Day" was, people forgot that "Wicked" was another single (and I think it was the first), featured Don Gorgon. "We Had To Tear This _______ Up" is another track that I found interesting, and Cube showing off his hatred towards what was going on around that time. The origonal version of "Check Ya Self" is also a hot track that featured Das Efx, which I find to be better than the remix.

This album is flawed though. I find a few tracks that fall under skip material here. "Whos Got The Camera" is one of them. Another one would be the weak sounding "Dirty Mack". Another one I didn't have the feel for was "Gangsta's Fairytale 2".

And if you purchased this after 2003, you get a few bonus tracks. You receive the radio edit of "Check Ya Self (remix)" a single that was just as popular as "It Was A Good Day". The remix to "It Was A Good Day" just didn't work in my opinion and falls under skip material. "24 With An L" and "U Ain't Gonna Take My Life" are some good tracks in addition to this album. All of these tracks would also appear on the "Bootlegs And B-Sides" album.

Overall, this is a dope album. It showcased Cube's anger with issues that were going on around that time back in the 90's. This is a good album to have in any hip hop collection, although I don't find it to be good as everyone is saying. There are good tracks on here, but I also find a lot of skippable tracks here as well. When it comes to the remastered albums Cube has had between 1990-1993, "The Predator" is his highest selling album, but in my opinion, I also find it to be his weakest out of the group. Don't hesitate to pick this up though. You probably will have a different opinion that I have.

Lyrics: B

Production: B

Guest Appearances: B

Musical Vibes: B+

Overall: B

Favorite Tracks: When Will They Shoot, Wicked, It Was A Good Day, Don't Trust 'Em, Check Yo Self (both origonal and remix), 24 With An L, U Ain't Gonna Take My Life.

Peace Everyone!!!
on March 18, 2005
This CD is truly a classic. I just wanted to write a review to let Krazysomething or another know that this was NOT Ice Cube's thrid release, he should probably look at his discography before he starts trying to act like an expert!
on December 31, 2005
Cube does it again. this album is classic. it has those famous singles "it was a good day," and "check yo self" with das efx, but really the album is great the whole way through. the second song is probably one of my favorites.
on August 14, 2006
I dont see whuts the hate all about, sure cube changed and broke out of the funkey beats that we were shown too in AmeriKKK's most wanted but in my opinion I think this album is very solid and filled with funny sexual/vulgar lyrics with asskicking beats braught by the likes of people like DJ Muggs(CYPRESS HILL!!! YAAAY). Well Anyway I dont really think there is one bad track on this album the only problem I had were the Fillers(one right after the other!!!)

1. The First Day Of School (Intro) Listen Listen

2. When Will They Shoot? - 4.5

3. I'm Scared (Insert)

4. Wicked - 4.5/5

5. Now I Gotta Wet' Cha - 10/5!!!

6. The Predator - 10/5 Song is dope, 'specially the beats

7. It Was A Good Day 10/5!!! How can I not grade this track higher, its a classic!!

8. We Had To Tear This __ Up 10/5 A DEFFINITE STANDOUT AND ITS BY THE DJ TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE HIP HOP GROUPS EVER

9. ________ 'Em (Instert)

10. Dirty Mack - 10/5!!

11. Don't Trust 'Em - 4.5/5

12. Gangsta's Farytale 2 - 5/5(The beats are dope and the kids hilarious, but I like part 1 more..)

13. Check Yo Self (Featuring DAS EFX)- 10/5!!!

14. Who Got The Camera? 5/5

15. Intergration

16. Say Hi To The Bad Guy - 5/5

Too many damn good track, dope production, same Ice cube Shizz COP THIS

5/5 stars

P.S check out AmeriKKKas most wanted its even better then this and is wayyy more funky and you can groove to the tune in an instant