Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 20, 2006
Wow !!! This CD set is wonderful. Thich Nhat Hanh is one of those rare "Old Wise Men" that come along once in a hundred years. His soothing, calm and almost hypnotic voice alone is enough to keep me coming back to these CD's. He is filled with practical, down to earth insights into what is important in life, and how to train your mind to focus on it. You do not have to know anything about Buddhism to understand the message of these CD's. His basic premise is that life discloses itself not in some imagined future and not in an idyllic past, but right now, in the present moment. Throughout these CD's he teaches you how to become aware of how to live in the present moment, and in doing so you live a richer and fuller life. Listening to Thich Nhat Hanh will make you glad to be alive, despite all the pain and suffering this life can bring. In these CD's, he will give to you the wonderful gift of gratitude for being alive.

The sound quality on these CD's is excellent, they consist of excerpts from a tour of North America that Thich Nhat Hanh did in 1993. A short booklet which summarizes some of the key material is also included. As with all Sounds True products, it is very professionally packaged.

Buy them now !!! You will NOT regret this purchase !!!
on June 9, 1999
The Audio version is really precious. You can detect in Thich Nhat Hanh's voice that he is truly In The Present Moment as he walks you through practice exercises of appreciating the preciousness of each moment. I especially appreciated the tips on incorporating Zen techniques into our technological world in such ways as "telephone meditation". Simply wonderful!
on October 5, 2008
This CD set is worth every penny that I paid for it. The soothing sound of Thich Nhat Hanh's voice is meditative. I listen to the set over and over. I even pulled out disc 2 and put it in the CD player and drift off to sleep with it playing. It has a great affect on me when I wake up. The message is age old and only Thich Nhat Hanh can get this message across, as he does. How to be mindful all the time and stay in the moment. Very Informative. He is very effective at getting concrete ways of doing this. Keeping an open mind, using his suggestions can change your life, for the better. I usually read his books. Listening to the tapes allowed me to hear him and he does have a great sense of humor. I highly recommend this tape set.
on September 15, 2008
Thich Nhat Hahn offers his wisdom in this six disk series with his usual gentleness, warmth, style and grace. A good investment for those wishing to deepen their understanding of Buddhist philosophy and their practice of meditation.

Melinda L. Crawford
on November 24, 1999
What a quieting and calming perspective on the world around us. Oh, how it could be if we all only took a few minutes each day to be quiet and still.
on January 22, 2011
I had these about 10 years ago and really enjoyed them--lost them in a move, and reordered them recently and found them to be just as, if not more, relevant. The teachings are quite heady but are presented well--I find Thich's voice very soothing. I think these are a must for anyone trying to reduce stress or anxiety or leave behind negative emotions. I own nearly all of his books and found each to be lovely and moving.
on January 26, 2000
This collection is by far the best work by one of the greatest authors I have ever read. Do yourself a favor and check this out. The Present Moment goes so far beyond conventional communication that I feel very limited in my attempt to describe what you can expect from it. I envy you who will soon hear it for the first time.
on May 14, 2013
This is the first set of extended talks that I've purchased by Thich Nhat Hanh. My family enjoyed the Mindful Movements book and DVD, and I've read Old Paths White Clouds, The Heart of Truth, several sutra commentaries, Zen Keys, and have the both the older and newer compilation of ceremonies and chants used at Plum Village. I was especially moved by the books For a Future to be Possible (original edition with essays) and, of course, Old Paths White Clouds.

I am non-Buddhist (having become a 12er Shia Muslim 14 years ago), yet I do believe Gautama Buddha was/is a Prophet of God (which I realize is not how most Buddhists view the Buddha), yet I like to read both translations Pali Canon suttas, and I find things that are useful for me and compatible with my Islamic faith in the books I've read by Thich Nhat Hanh (as well as Jack Kornfield, who introduces Thay at the beginning of the talks). I enjoy reading translations of Dogen Zenji's writings, even if his Soto Zen is not exactly the same as Thay's modern adaptation of Rinzai Zen. Ton revisit these talks at a later time for refreshment. I recommend these talks to Bu8ddhists and non-Buddhists alike. use the modern phrase, "It's all good!".

I like that Thich Nhat Hanh, Jack Kornfield, and others make aspects of Buddhism accessible to non-Buddhists. Essential topics covered in this set of talks include: Breathing, Sitting and Walking Meditation, Mindfulness, Anger, Mindfulness, Emptiness (as a Buddhist understands the concept), compassion, reconciliation, and true freedom. These are presented in such a way that they are compatible with how these topics are approached in Sufism and Irfan, which are the two main types of Islamic "mysticism".

After I go through these talks several times, I intend to get another set of Thay's talks and repeat the process.
on July 16, 2008
It's quite necessary in these fast days of superficial consuming, egoism and greed, that there are masters who help us understand and experience happiness, by just being in the present moment.
We can escape suffering by practising meditation. These cd's are quite helpful to find peace and happiness within ourselves.
on November 4, 2009
His words touch me like nothing else every has. They have given me great comfort and inspired me to become my better self. Insight and love are found in each of the CDs. I listen to these CDs periodically because it is easy to become forgetful.

Even if you didn't understand English, his voice can bring you peace.