Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Price of Privilege: How Parental Pressure and Material Advantage Are Creating a Generation of Disconnected and Unhappy Kids
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on June 13, 2016
Excellent and relevant! This was personally recommended by Claudia Black, the goddess of counseling. She was right! Great book!
on May 11, 2016
I am a teacher and I found this book to be very insightful. Children have changed over the 20 years I have been teaching. Many of the problems she observed in affluent families have trickled down to middle class families. I especially enjoyed the last chapter discussing the effects on parents of raising children in today's society.
on May 1, 2016
Must be nice to blame the parents for everything.......
I feel this is an example of a psychologist who is out of touch and feels superior.
Instead of helping the clients parents are paying her to do....she decides its all their fault
and takes their money anyway.....
on April 26, 2016
This is an excellent book that helps you focus on what is important when raising children and avoid the materialism trap and the shallowness it brings. I highly recommend it.
on April 22, 2016
This book is absolutely incredible.
on April 5, 2016
As a parent and teacher in an affluent suburban community, this book was eye-opening and helpful. The author directly address the issue of perfectionism that is creating a society of emotionally damaged and isolated individuals. The author also addresses materialism, values, discipline, warmth, acceptance, and the act of being present.
on March 24, 2016
ALL SCHOOL SHOULD TEACH THIS CLASS TO FUTURE PARENTS, AND IT SHOULD BE A MANDATORY CLASS. The teachers should have to read it, as well! I sure wish I read this while raising my kids. You cannot imagine the problems some of us very loving parents have created.......teachers, also!
on March 5, 2016
Terrific book. Highest recommendation possible. A must read for all parent but particularly those who have achieved in life financially!
on February 1, 2016
Dr. Levine makes some good points but this book left me feeling that I didn't that I didn't get a very deep analysis about this topic. It was like reading an introductory article which is maybe what this was supposed to be. She also tends to jump around quite a bit. I was expecting more.
on January 15, 2016