Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 6, 2004
If you are interested in becoming more like Christ and getting rid of those things in your character that would prevent you from doing that - then this is the book for you.
This book has been instrumental in helping me to see myself the way that God does. It has defined the sin of pride for me in terms that I can understand. It is a GREAT study tool.As I read the book I looked up the scriptures the book referenced and kept a journal for my personal thought and study. Doing this helps me to Hate my sin and compels me to repent. It has motivated and inspired me to want to change my sinful nature. It is deep, thought provoking and life changing if you let it be.
on January 5, 2004
I often read the first 5 chapters of a book, then set it aside. This book was so challenging, and so needed, that I set it next to my bed and refused to put it away until I finished it. We are all prideful in so many ways, and this book really helped me to see my own pride more clearly, and after seeing it, to let God humble me. Anyone who wants to become like Jesus should read this book. It can truly change your life. It is a disturbing book, in the sense that it is like looking in a mirror and seeing one's own weaknesses that we need to let God change. The honesty of the authors in how they have faced their own pride is helpful. Both my wife and I enjoyed this book (she enjoyed my reading it!) I highly recommend it, especially for prideful guys like me! (come on, guys, admit it!)
on January 28, 2008
Working for a character-based company can, at times, be very humbling. Imagine being told by your boss that you need to start working on your humility! This revelation sent me in search of further help - both in understanding humility as a whole and what it means, as well as how to incoporate it into my daily living.

Upon starting my journey through this book, I was immediately amazed at the numerous ways pride incorporates itself into everyday life. I never realized how much of a hold it had on me until now - even in subtle ways. I had a hard time putting the book down and am in the process of reading it again. It's easy to read without being simplistic and cites many examples in the Bible of both pride and humility, as well as a thought provoking question at the end of every chapter to help relate that particular main idea to your own life.

If you're serious about revamping your outlook and approach to life - read this book! An excellent read and reference book as well. Good luck in your journey... :)
on October 13, 2012
If you are a God seeker,just being saved is not good enough for you and want advancement in your walk with the King---I,m telling you this book is it !!!!!!--My life has been rearranged after applying this books principale.

So how can you be humble ?,the moment you say it,there is pride lurking close by.--The authors Mike Fontenot and Thomas Jones give a step by step explanation of the subject and explain how it is the single most important attribute a believer can have.In the back of the book are short thoughts on humility as well as 32 classic expressions of pride,a pride test for yourself to take.

This short easy to read 178 page book is divided up into 23 separate chapters and sub chapters:
1.The problem with pride.
2.The basis for humility.
3.The humility of Jesus.
4.Humility and the cross.
5.Walk humbly with your God-faith and prayer.
6.Walk humbly with your God--Obedience and Surrender.
7.What humility is not.
8.God,s work in humbling us.
9.Humility toward all people.
10.Humility in Discipling.
15.Humility in suffering.
16.Humility and convictions.
17.Humility in success and failure
18.Humility and talent.
19.The pursuit of Humility.
20.The power of humility.
21.Is pride ever good
22.Classic expressions of pride.
23.Short thoughts on humility

I highly reccommend this book to anyone who is seeking to be a better believer in the Lord Jesus Christ---buy this book,you will not be sorry.
on January 4, 2007
This is a simple book with a simple cover. The virtue of humility is simple, but the pervasiveness of evil pride is complex. This is a great book to read, if you want to have evil-pride exposed in your life. The diagnostic list in the back "You probably have evil-pride if you..." is a convicting tool.

Covers the whole Bible's commentatry on pride. It explains the difference between good pride and evil pride.
on May 26, 2015
I love the way this book is written. It is clear and can speak to just about any Christian looking to deepen their relationship with God and understanding of their character. I have read this on my own and am now reading it again with a small women's discussion group. It works great for both settings.
on June 26, 2016
If you are ready to really look at yourself WITHOUT a filter, this book will rock your world. As a "Christian Under Construction" I found this book to enighting, sobering, kinda scary but exactly what I needed to hear <read>. My wife and kids have vocalized their observations that I have begun to treat them differently and they like it. I have given this book to my two BFF's so we are talking it thought together.
on November 13, 2013
Great book! Gives insights that will transform your life... as long as you are willing to look at and examine yourself. The tools are here and are useful for everyone. It has helped me in countless ways. Thanks to Tom Jones and Mike Fonenot.
on June 21, 2015
I absolutely loved this book it is beneficial no matter what kind of pride you are struggling with. This is definitely a book that can be read more than once and is so helpful in gaining convictions of humility. Allow it, along with prayer, to change your life. :)
on March 7, 2016
I would not recommend this book. If you are looking for a book based on scripture and not opinions. I would purchase
From Pride to Humility: A Biblical Perspective Paperback – July 10, 2002
by Stuart Scott (Author). This book help me discover ways that I'm prideful and never realized. Its practical, Biblical something I can not say for Prideful Soul's Guide to Humility