4.0 out of 5 stars printshop3.0

Published on February 23, 2012 by Marilyn Jones

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars The Printshop Isnt Printing, February 23, 2012
This review is from: The Print Shop 3.0 [Download] (Software Download)
I was very disappointed in this version of Printshop. There are not many templates and the ones that are available are not that great. I bought this program to make some simple banners, flyers and signs for work. Once you figure out how to make a banner (which believe me is a hard task). you find that you cannot preview it or print it in landscape format. Plus its very confusing which page you're working on. For example, I wanted a banner that was four 81/2" by 11" sheets long. I made the banner, but first I adjusted the banner length in the program as instructed. But instead of printing a banner 4 sheets long, one sheet printed that was divided into four sections. I tried over and over again to use this program and over and over again I got the same results. I even tried finding updates online that might correct this problem to no avail. Finally I deleted the program and re-installed. It still works the same. Do not buy...It makes more since to draw your own banners and flyers than to waste your money on Printshop3.

2.0 out of 5 stars Over priced for what you get!, April 4, 2012
This review is from: The Print Shop 3.0 [Download] (Software Download)
Too bad you can't return software or I would.
I've had Print Shop in the past and loved it! But this version is a waste of money. Over simplistic and not many features. Only reason I got this was because my older version did not work properly on Windows 7. Maybe the "Deluxe" version is more like the versions I've had in the past but this one is NOT!
It would be OKish if it were priced like $7.99 or something but for $30 it's just not worth it!
VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy if you are running Windows 8, December 19, 2012
This review is from: The Print Shop 3.0 [Download] (Software Download)
I would also rate this software 0 stars if I could.

Do not purchase The Print Shop Standard edition if you are currently running Windows 8. It installs successfully, but never runs. The Windows event log shows a kernel.dll exception and immediately terminates the program.

After contacting Encore Customer Service and Technical Support and providing the Case information that they requested, I was told: "We are sorry for this inconvenience but there are no known solutions to your issue at this point of time. You may come back at a later time and check for further inquires to a solution. If you are unsatisfied with the product and would like to obtain a refund you may do so by clicking here. Please follow the appropriate instructions to receive a refund."

Unfortunately, since I purchased the software from Amazon I cannot return the software and I am out of luck.

I have been a Print Shop user for years and will never use the software again.

4.0 out of 5 stars printshop3.0, July 17, 2012
After changing my computer I discovered that my old Print Shop package was not compatable, I purchased the Printshop 3.0 from Amazon.com, I believe it was sub-ordered through Encore as Broderbund would not allow the product to be ordered directly from them to an address in New Zealand. This product was received within just a few days (much quicker than expected). I am more than pleased with this product and find it to actually have more options and suggestions than my old one. The only problem I have encountered is that I am finding that 'short of memory' is sub-boxed when I try to print or save some of the items. I do need to check why this is happening as it is a new computer and should be sufficient to load the Printshop easily. I would certainly recommend anyone who wants to use minor desktop publishing articles to at least try this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste money, November 22, 2011
Susan Kolodji (Minneapolis, Minnesota United States) - See all my reviews
This product does not work. I installed it twice, clean install both times. Then I searched their support when it kept closing on me, I downloaded a fix but I still cannot crop a picture or import cards from my Printshop22 version. The program closed on me multiple times and gave me messages saying I do not have enough memory on my 8g machine when it was the only program open. The product cannot be returned because it does not say 'satisfaction guaranteed' on the box.
I purchased this product because I have used Print Shop for years and found it to be a quality product. My current product would not work on my new Windows 7 pc so I thought I would get a new copy. I checked the site which showed a deluxe and professional version only. When I got the software I found not only didn't it work but it was a watered down version with functions stripped.

1.0 out of 5 stars Print Shop 3.0, September 9, 2012
Lindsey (IDAHO FALLS, IDAHO, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Print Shop 3.0 [Download] (Software Download)
I wish I could give this product 0 stars. It doesn't even deserve a 1. I have had hundreds of problems with this program. I downloaded it from Amazon and I am so mad I can't return it. This so called upgrade is the worst I have tried. I want my old PrintShop back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad they destroyed this Product, January 1, 2013
This review is from: The Print Shop 3.0 [Download] (Software Download)
Have been using Print Shop since version 5. Last purchased 22 before upgrading to windows 7 and thinking I needed to run Print Shop version 3. I wanted to cry when I saw everything this product no longer did. It is a piece of junk compared to it's predecessors. Thankfully, some nice people out there documented how to install 22 on windows 7. Much happier now. Will probably be the last version I run unless they bring back what the product once was.

1.0 out of 5 stars This product is absolute JUNK!, September 3, 2012
This review is from: The Print Shop 3.0 [Download] (Software Download)
I had Print Shop YEARS ago, version 6 and loved it. Well, after I got a new PC I could no longer use this version and found this online. Pulled the trigger. This is the worst product I have ever seen. Crashes all the time, very confusing on how to do something. I cannot print anything in landscape even though all parameters are set that way...don't waste your money! I am applying for a refund directly through their website right now!

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use and follow.........not at all like the older version which was user friendly!, March 25, 2013
Jennifer Gregg (Ewing, New Jersey USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Print Shop 3.0 [Download] (Software Download)
i have used Print Shop for YEARS!! It offers lots of options and abilities. I had to upgrade my computer and therefore the older version would no longer work. I purchased the newer version which is VERY difficult to use, there are no simple options to follow, I cannot change and alter documents as before and it is far from user friendly!! I DO NOT recommend this upgrade!!

1.0 out of 5 stars really lousy step after 20.0, March 22, 2013
Caille (Maui, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Print Shop 3.0 [Download] (Software Download)
Why do they all seem to require a trip to the internet to use graphics?? I do a lot of my work offline, and this was impossible. Also, a lot of the best functions were hard to find or not available at all. It's slow to use, and buggy to load. A total waste of money that I did not have to waste.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›