4.0 out of 5 stars More bang for your buck
"Welcome to the Oblique Cafe, where the coffee is strong and the patrons are odd."

Published 22 months ago by Jean

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute stories
well written stories that were believable and fun. good for a few hours of reading. I would look at the other books in the series. I am not sure I would pay any more than $.99 for them though. these were free.
Published 10 months ago by L. Pierce

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars More bang for your buck, December 9, 2012
Jean (Michigan, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Protectors Christmas Box Set: Sexy Paranormal Romances (Kindle Edition)

The Protectors are a group of adults who were all once parentless foundlings, abadoned as infants and raised by humans. Not human themselves, it is unclear, even to them, what exactly they are or where they came from. But they do know their mission is to protect the humans from malevolent forces and to find the New Ones, others like them, who are as yet unaware of their origins, and to bring them into the fold.

The Protectors series contains, obviously, light paranormal elements that were not too scary nor too difficult to understand. Which is a good thing since I don't often read this genre for just those reasons! Following is a brief description of each of the three books in this boxed set:

Book 1 - A Wizard for Christmas
Protector Hadrian and kindergarten teacher Holly (a New One) try to stop an ancient soul-eater who is killing young adults and has targeted Holly as its next victim. This one is a short, sweet romance that seemed a bit hurried in the "rush to love" department. But I guess that could be expected, considering the overall length of the story. The weakest of the three books, in my opinion.

Book 2 - Neptune's Lair
Protector Brendan and New One, attorney Dallas (who has as yet untapped powers to rival those of The Ancients) battle against being overtaken by The Darkness. After the sex-free romance of the first book, I was surprised when this one started off with a (almost) bang - and it steams up the pages all the way through the book. Brendan and Dallas are likeable characters whose sexual interactions are what fuel their relationship. More of a novella length, Book 2 kept my attention and is definitely worth a read - even if you don't read Book 1.

Book 3 - Mystical Seduction
Protector Horace, hiding from his destiny and his missing memories, and human anthropology student, Faith, run away from each other and from an evil prince intent on destroying them both. This is the longest of the three books and reads more like a standard romance novel. Horace (gah! what an awful name) and Faith fight their growing love for each other and we get a healthy dose of angst and misunderstandings. It also provides the set-up for the rest of The Protectors series. Once again, the main characters' burning libidos heat up the story. This was actually my favorite of the three, even though it felt like it dragged a little in the middle.

Characters from all three books show up in the others, as well as recurring secondary characters, such as the leader of the Protectors, Frank Stone, and super-bitch Protector, Kara. I'm pretty sure any of the three could be read as a stand alone book. Pretty decent entertainment for less than a dollar!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Protector Christmas Box Set, January 12, 2013
Great, The 1st book had me interested because I want to know about a New one. Next the Neptune's Lair about the young lawyer who could move in time and try to escape the darkness........great puzzle to see what it is trying to kill her and finds a Protector and true love my kind of book with suspense, love and adventure. Mystical Seduction - I would love a hunk for my birthday present, sign me up. Now the part about a one night stand I see how Faith, would say are you for real and take over from there. Ladies you will really enjoy and not want to put down until you have finish to see how life unfolds for Horace and Faith...They say boy men are really clueless and fight real hard not to love. See how well it works for Horace. In the book you will find out more about the Protector and enough to keep you ????? Enjoy waiting for next book. Keep writing Dorothy McFalls (Smiles)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun sexy read, December 27, 2012
The author has created an interesting and engaging world that has the reader looking for more. This was a fun, sexy, and, romantic read. As an author myself, I appreciate the unique world she has created.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this box set, December 7, 2012
These are great stories. If you like paranormal or romance, you'll enjoy this set. I rooted for the characters all the way.

4.0 out of 5 stars FUN read, December 31, 2012
This was a great series! I really enjoyed the story line and characters. At the end, it left me wanting more!!! I am looking forward to the series continuing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really A Good Set of Books, December 19, 2012
Lady Song (SIDNEY, OH, US) - See all my reviews
A great value for the price! Three books for the price of one. Good reads. One steamy the others not so much so. These are all three about supernatural beings the Protectors that protect humans. The books do keep your interest by mixing some paranormal activities with the romance. You will not be disappointed especially with the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting, January 26, 2014
I enjoyed these books very much but some of them had short cuts and ended leaving you going what how and others kept me so engrossed I lost sleep trying to finish it so all in all I really loved this set and I liked that we got to see some of the characters in every book so we know what happened with them

5.0 out of 5 stars Found a new Author to follow, January 18, 2014
This is a refreshingly new twist on fantasy novels. I enjoy the mix of romance with magical elements. Thanks for bringing your vision to the masses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Read, January 12, 2014
I loved this book... I would like to have heard more about the previous characters in the 2nd & 3rd books but other then that it was great. I never knew what to expect and enjoyed it...

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute stories, December 27, 2013