5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting way to learn the Hebrew alphabet.
As someone who has many books, CD's, and cassette tapes purchased with the hope of learning Hebrew, I am happy to report that this book is the first to help with my sight reading of the Hebrew language. I find it valuable.
Published on July 19, 2012 by Ruth L

1.0 out of 5 stars Misplaced ingenuity
Published 23 months ago by Phelps Gates

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting way to learn the Hebrew alphabet., July 19, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Misplaced ingenuity, January 26, 2013
Phelps Gates (Chapel Hill, NC USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Psalms: The Breidner Linguistic Method (Paperback)
I picked this up after seeing the full-page ads in Biblical Archaeology Review and was sadly disappointed. It doesn't teach you Hebrew, only the Hebrew ALPHABET. And it doesn't even teach the alphabet as it is used in Hebrew, only as a kind of trick to use for writing English. After six hundred pages of English text, gradually transliterated into Hebrew, you know most of the letters (at least those handy for writing English), along with a few dozen simple Hebrew words (David, amen, etc.). Worse, it gives a rather garbled impression of the alphabet, failing to explain or even admit the distinctions involved with tet/tav, samekh/shin, and kaf/qof, equating alef with "a", etc. There is nothing about Hebrew grammar, or even an explanation of how vowels are (sometimes) written. Sadly, a waste of time and money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing way to learn a language, January 28, 2013
This review is from: The Psalms: The Breidner Linguistic Method (Paperback)
After spending many classroom hours and much memorization learning New Testament Greek, it is very refreshing to be learning Hebrew through the Breidner Linguistic Method. I have personally been in contact with Mr. Breidner on several occasions and am impressed with his willingness to be of help in any way that he is able. I am currently reading Psalm 72 and am very pleased with my progress to this point. I find the reading very enjoyable and agree with the author that there is no study necessary.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice concept, but poor printing makes it unreadable, January 7, 2013
This review is from: The Psalms: The Breidner Linguistic Method (Paperback)
This is a great concept, and the bits I can read are great, but the printing looks like it was done on a laser printer that was almost out of toner. After page 291, the pages are fine and can be read, but before that, most of the pages are at best a hard strain to read, and in a couple of cases, totally unreadable. Amazon is replacing it for me; if this turns out to be a fluke and the replacement is fine, I will amend this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: The Psalms: The Breidner Linguistic Method (Paperback)
Surpassed all my expectations! I am amazed at how well this method works. It is work, but far easier than the traditional methods I have used in the past. I highly recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Breidner Linguistic Method Works, August 3, 2013
This review is from: The Psalms: The Breidner Linguistic Method (Paperback)
I studied some of Biblical Greek in college but never had an opportunity to study Hebrew. I have purchased Hebrew books over the years but never had the time or took the time to begin the basic language learning process. I can see how the Breidner Linguistic Method can teach me to read Biblical Hebrew, and I have been spending some time reading The Psalms, while at the same time learning Hebrew letter characters. It works. They system works. Plus, I have enjoyed so much reading the Psalms, although after a while I make myself go back and read again what I have already read to further imprint those Hebrew characters in my memory. ...My only regret is that the audio download only works when I am online with the internet. I have not been able to download it to an MP3 player or burn it to a CD so that I can listen while reading when I am away from a computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great way to learn, April 17, 2013
This review is from: The Psalms: The Breidner Linguistic Method (Paperback)
It's easy and fun . . . and since it's the Psalms, very inspiring! I would recommend it to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn Hebrew while you learn how to pray, January 4, 2014
This review is from: The Psalms: The Breidner Linguistic Method (Paperback)
I have read most of the Psalms, in English, parts of it in French, and German. This time I began reading from page one and have continued reading, one page at a time. By the time I read through one quarter of the book I could, suddenly, read a Hebrew word, effortlessly. The book is so exciting that I keep it handy, on a chair or on my desk, or on the dinning table, so I can pick it up and continue reading, most of the time out loud. I'm thinking about buying a couple more copies to give to my sons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading And Studying: How Could It Be Better?, July 5, 2013
K. E. Zindle (Sedalia, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Psalms: The Breidner Linguistic Method (Paperback)
I purchased this book once I saw it advertised, and having a background in Hebrew studies was interested in the method employed. I am enjoying the reading and studying that the book offers immensely. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone with an interest and taste for this kind of study. It's a marvelous process, and keeps me interested continually. I recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm learning to read Hebrew!, July 3, 2014
This review is from: The Psalms: The Breidner Linguistic Method (Paperback)
This is an excellent way to learn to read Hebrew. The introduction of Hebrew letters makes familiarization of them a natural experience. No boring, tedious exercises; only meditating on the magnificent Psalms with Hebrew letters easily understood a little at a time. I believe this method will have me literate in Hebrew by the time I'm finished, if I'm truly paying attention.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Psalms: The Breidner Linguistic Method
The Psalms: The Breidner Linguistic Method by Samuel G. Breidner (Paperback - January 15, 2012)
$49.95 $44.96