• Provides an overview of the essentials of peace psychology
• Presents information in a coherent, logical manner
• Covers the psychology of the problems and of the wide variety of solutions
• Supplies a chronological history of the development of peace psychology
• Includes stories to keep the material engaging
"MacNair writes with sufficient force and clarity to keep general readers, even young ones, engaged. . . . Her analysis will provide a valuable intellectual structure for further study of the roots and branches of war and peace at all levels, from the individual to worldwide."-
Library Journal--This text refers to an alternate Hardcover edition.
Presents what psychology knows about mental mechanisms behind war and other massive violence, as well as what encourages behavior to counter such violence and bring societal peace.