5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply Moving
I'm only halfway through this book, but it's well worth the read. The first chapter alone is packed with so much goodness you have to camp out on each page just to soak it in. "To have found God and still to pursue Him is the soul's paradox of love," p.12 It's not a very large book, but it's packed full of solid insight observations about God and His Word.
Published on March 17, 2011 by Hannah-Col. 3:1-11

1.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but DON'T BUY THIS EDITION!
Published on December 28, 2010 by readingnow

1.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but DON'T BUY THIS EDITION!, December 28, 2010
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Paperback)
I recently ordered this book after reading Tozer's The Knowledge of the Holy this summer. I was very excited to read this book, as it is another of Tozer's classics. HOWEVER, DO NOT BUY THIS EDITION OF THE BOOK. IT IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! THERE ARE SO MANY TYPOS THAT DISTRACT FROM TOZER'S WRITING. I regret buying this version, and I will probably buy a different version of the book. I am very surprised that this edition even went to print. AMAZON, PLEASE DO NOT SELL THIS FLAWED PRODUCT!

1.0 out of 5 stars DISGRACEFUL version of this book!!, March 14, 2012
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Paperback)
This is one of my favorite books, and I wanted to find an inexpensive copy to give to a friend who hadn't read it yet. But when THIS version (published by "W_L_C") showed up on my doorstep, I found it to be such a pathetic attempt at publishing that I would never give it away as a gift to anyone.
First of all: There are numerous spelling and typographical errors. I wish I would've read the other reviews here before I purchased this book - because I see now that other people have mentioned it too.

Also, there is at least one page where the printing (ink) was done so poorly that there were ENTIRE WORDS missing.

The little synopsis or back cover copy that tells briefly what the book is about (STANDARD on most published books) is completely missing. You know what's on the back cover? A numbered list of all the chapter titles. As in:
1. Following Hard after God
2. The Blessedness of Possessing Nothing
etc

And that's it! I wonder how someone could possibly put less effort into publishing a book?!

AND FINALLY: it's kind of hard to see on the thumbnail of the product image, but the graphic at the top of the cover is some kind of new-agey take on Leonardo's Vitruvian Man in blue light and it just really doesn't fit with the feel of the book itself. It is a really misplaced graphic, and that, along with all the other items of disappointment, make me wonder if whoever published this book HAS EVER ACTUALLY READ IT?! :/

Very sad. And it's such a great book too, I hate to see it disrespected this way.

PLEASE do not buy this version of the book. I hope Amazon removes it. Poorly done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply Moving, March 17, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars The good and the bad. Nothing ugly., March 28, 2012
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Paperback)
This book is life changing if one were to read it and apply it to ones life. I'm reading through it with my small group at church and it's a great book to discuss. It's not a book that should be quickly read just to say you've read a work of Tozer, but it needs appropriate time and the clarity of mind to really grasp what the author is trying to communicate. I believe it is Holy Spirit inspired and it would make a great jumpstart to any Christian's life.

A note about this particular edition: it is not the best version of this book, which is why I give it a mere three stars. There are many typos throughout the book, but the number of mistakes seem to lessen as you go further into the book. If spelling errors really bother you, as I am bothered by them, I would suggest buying a different version.

Based on the content of the book (spelling errors aside) I would give it a 5 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thought provoking book everyone should read!, February 16, 2011
Carolyn Atkinson "CFA" (Melbourne Beach Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Paperback)
I liked this book so much that I bought three more to give to my friends. There were so many times that I thought " I never thought about it like that". I highly recommend it. Typos were distracting though .

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, May 2, 2014
As I worked through this book with a girlfriend over the last few months, my life has changed. I feel the freedom to be His and pursue Him in all aspects of my life. Praise God for the teaching through this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most precious Christmas gift I received, February 16, 2014
S. E. Regan (Destin, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (The Definitive Classic) (Paperback)
Best gift received for Christmas. Whereas some reviewers found this volume too deep, I found it to be wonderfully, profoundly deep, from a man whose whole life was dedicated to knowing God more deeply each day. Mr Snyder has extensively researched Mr Tozer's life and sermons. Mr Snyder has also written a biography of Mr Tozer and published many of Tozer's sermons.
This book was easy to understand and very inspiring. Following advice found in the Introduction, I have tried to not only read, but also to meditate on these lessons in light of Scripture, then follow up with "God's Pursuit of Man" (which I am now reading), and "The Knowledge of the Holy".
If you do not have or desire to take the time to read a whole book at once, I highly recommend the daily devotional, "My Daily Pursuit", which contains never before published messages from Tozer, compiled by Mr Snyder.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not A Quick Read, December 11, 2013
The information is excellent but the vocabulary is not common language in some parts. One must do as the author instructs: read, contemplate and read again. It is not a quick read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pursuit of God, August 17, 2011
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Paperback)
For mature Christians - a definite challenge to go deeper in our relationship with God! Tozer's writing crosses the span of time (written in the 40's), and is still relevant today!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read., May 14, 2014
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Paperback)
The pages are so crammed full of material it will blow your mind. I've been enjoying it so far. Trying to read a chapter every few days.

The Pursuit of God (The Definitive Classic)
The Pursuit of God (The Definitive Classic) by A. W. Tozer (Paperback - November 8, 2013)
Used & New from: $5.87