5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?
Published on September 28, 2000 by absent_minded_prof

1.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected
Published on February 7, 2011 by UncleDan

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?, September 28, 2000
This review is from: Quiet Mind (Hardcover)
Where is this White Eagle guy these days? In the age that we live in, described so well in James Gleick's "Faster", who among us could not use a reminder to slow down, breathe, and have a little inner peace? I myself have long been subject to panic attacks, and this book has helped me out on numerous occasions. I recommend keeping it next to your bed, ideally somewhere near your head so it's easier to reach for if you ever wake up suddenly out of a nightmare. This is a lot like Kahlil Gibran's stuff, but I like White Eagle better. He is less in-your-face about his mysticism, and really tries to help people. Basically every page of this book has, I would say, at least three little nuggets of wisdom that most of us would never think of on our own. That reminds me -- when I was a kid, I used to have a lot of fun playing "Dungeons and Dragons". I always had a hard time, however, understanding the difference between "intelligence" and "wisdom", both of which are qualities a character in that role-playing game must display... If I had this book available to me then, I strongly suspect that I would have had a much better understanding of the difference between those qualities, and of how important that difference is for happiness... You really should check this one out, O Reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece of Inner Peace, September 27, 2001
P. McGrath "prmcgr" (Orlando, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quiet Mind (Hardcover)
An understated, profound guide to inner peace. I first picked up this miniature tome over fifteen years ago; but I wasn't ready - then - to appreciate it fully. Only now - at age 38 - am I beginning to grasp what this book describes: a meditation on thought life guided not by self but by the spirit of God. The pithy descriptions of that inner life - frequently at tension with self will - gently bring the reader to that wonderful state described in the book's title: The Quiet Mind. Anyone seeking to live his or her life along spiritual lines will treasure this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have this in your pocket or purse, February 27, 2004
This review is from: Quiet Mind (Hardcover)
This book is truly what it says on the jacket: "A pocket book of White Eagle's sayings. The perfect companion of every soul on its spiritual journey." There are certain things that we need to be constantly reminded of, such as: "By your love, by your belief in God's love, your belief in love itself, you can create the bridge across which we come to you" or "If you will be steadfast on the path to which your feet have been guided, you will find the treasure of life, a never-ending stream of help and healing and happiness. We, your brothers and guides, are on the road by your side. Not one of you stands alone. You have only to ask in simple trust, and you shall receive; whatever your need, it shall be supplied". For this reason it is good to have a tiny book like this which easily fits into a pocket or purse and which can be pulled out when caught in a traffic jam or when waiting for someone.
This is a gem, full of wise saying, just a few sentences long, prepared to remind us how we will reach our true destination. It is divided into nine sections:
The Master Soul is Constant
.... Is Wise in Speech and Action
.... Is a Tower of Strength and Light
.... Bears no Resentment
.... Is Patient, Trusting in God's Goodness and His Perfect Plan
A perfect gift to your self or for a loved one who is always on the go but who may need reminding that "The secret of strength lies in the quiet mind."

5.0 out of 5 stars A Timeless Gem, November 29, 2006
This review is from: The Quiet Mind (Paperback)
This book came to me as a gift from a friend, when my life was in crisis. It became my constant companion, a source of comfort and encouragement as I slogged my way through a bitter divorce and custody dispute.

White Eagle's words "The secret of strength lies in the quiet mind" helped calm the raging firestorm in my brain. What I inherently knew was reinforced with his assertion "Every soul has to withstand great pressure and to be well tested."

Having this book at hand made me feel as if I had my own personal therapist, cheerleader, mentor, teacher, father, mother, and spirit guide.

So much wisdom packed in a small package! It's a gift that keeps on giving, providing new insights with each fresh reading.

This is one of the most spiritually-rich books I have ever read. In the words of White Eagle, "Happiness is the realization of God in the heart."

I believe God was working in my life when I was given this book. It is a beautiful, non-denominational treatise on the power and glory of God, a balm to a weary soul.

In our fast-paced world, his message is sorely needed. "In your daily life you can, by an effort of the Will of God within you, instantly attain, under any conditions, tranquility of mind."

I highly recommend this book, which is small enough to be carried in a purse or pocket. Awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE QUIET MIND, February 6, 2010
This review is from: The Quiet Mind (Paperback)
I was given this book over 10 years ago. It is not a book you read from cover to cover. When I was given this book, I was told to ask a question about anything bothering me, example: Why did I lose my job, why did he leave me etc.etc. Then thumb through the pages until you feel the time is right, stop, read the page before, the page of, and the page after. I have always been amazed how well White Eagle managed to give me the answers I was looking for. It's a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., May 8, 2008
This review is from: The Quiet Mind (Paperback)
One of the most real and grounding books I have ever read. It can quiet any raging storm. It certainly quieted mine. I have owned this book for years, and everytime that I read it, it's like reading it for the very first time. It is always new. And I am one to rarely read the same book over and over and over. You really do get it when you read this book. Every word resonates with my soul. I am at a point in my life, and am having experiences that are making me really assimilate the truths presented in the book as the way to do this life while on earth. So simple, yet power beyond any earthly measure that I've come across. It has replaced my need for a therapist and other things recommended for controlling anxiety and depression. I am now able to let go and trust in what I've always known to be true. If you purchase the book, you are giving yourself and the planet, because we will all benefit, a great gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars good but small, January 9, 2007
This review is from: The Quiet Mind (Paperback)
This book is very small, but it contains some beneficial, positive sayings that can be uplifting and which hold truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet Mind, Soothing Heart, September 19, 2007
This review is from: The Quiet Mind (Paperback)
This is one of my favorite daily books. It has the most wonderful quotations to soothe and inspire you, whether you're sad, depressed, stressed, angry, frustrated, worried, irritated, fearful, or upset in any way. The words of wisdom ring true to me on every level and, its gentle teaching makes me feel deeply loved and attended by loving spiritual beings.

4.0 out of 5 stars book, December 18, 2012
This review is from: The Quiet Mind (Paperback)
helps keep me calm when I start stressing. small enough to keep in my purse and makes it easy access.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected, February 7, 2011
This review is from: The Quiet Mind (Paperback)
This title was referred to me by the "Other titles that might interest you" search as another American Indian wisdom/philosophical text/reader. It was not. As some others have noted in their reviews, it was very religious. I went to their website and found out that White Eagle Publishing is synonymous with the Church of St. John. It's really a Bible reader. If that's what you're looking for, then you'll enjoy it greatly.

The Quiet Mind
The Quiet Mind by White Eagle (Paperback - September 9, 2008)
$6.00